Georgia Tech Volleyball With 6 Straight...SWEEPS

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Deleted member 2897

I believe that is 18 wins in the last 19 matches with the only loss 15-13 in the 5th set against a 30-2 team on the road.

F the NCAA. Asinine GT didn’t get in and they’re proving it.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah NCAA huge fail. Basically the two teams that got snubbed the hardest are in the NIVC finals, go figure. Would've loved to have seen the finals being played at O'Keefe though, to see this amazing team play one last time in person. Anyone know how SD was chosen as the site? Venue size? Can't imagine flying in and out would be easy there; ATL would obviously be the better choice but O'Keefe is relatively small...

I'm curious to know, knowing what we know now with how both NCAA and NIVC played out, just how far Tech might've gone in the NCAA tourney... Would love to hear from other coaches that played us on what they think how far Tech might've gone...

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
SD very good with a better overall record from beginning to end so rated higher. If SD had lost we’d play the championship game at O’Keefe as the higher rated bracket team. Since GT would have been rated lower in the NCAA’s we would not have played at home as much as we Did.GT plays great at home and has a strong fan base. Playing at another location has been not as successful for the teams W’s. Arena was packed last night with a loud crowd. TCU was very talented. SD also has a strong , vocal fan volleyball fan base. Should be interesting.
Side comment: I’m new to supporting volleyball. It’s always around funding to produce consistent team success. Volleyball among the lowest supported sport at GT. Whatever readers can donate in the name of volleyball to the gtaa is needed. Like the scholastic donations not all general gtaa donations are spread evenly.
Go Jackets!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The S.D. game is suppose to stream on the Web, per NIVC. I can’t find a link to that, however. If anyone comes up with one, please post here. I’ll do the same. Thanks!

Give ‘em heck Tech!

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Although the decision not to include the team in the NCAA's is disappointing, it may be better for the long term development of a young team to not be included. They are playing more matches and getting more experience than they would in the NCAA tournament. They are continuing to build winning momentum. They have the opportunity to win a championship on the road against a higher seeded team. A win would help the mental development of the young ladies going into next year. They are already proving they were worthy of an NCAA invitation. Next year, they should start the year stronger and not have to deal with a RPI which put them on the bubble this year.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Although the decision not to include the team in the NCAA's is disappointing, it may be better for the long term development of a young team to not be included. They are playing more matches and getting more experience than they would in the NCAA tournament. They are continuing to build winning momentum. They have the opportunity to win a championship on the road against a higher seeded team. A win would help the mental development of the young ladies going into next year. They are already proving they were worthy of an NCAA invitation. Next year, they should start the year stronger and not have to deal with a RPI which put them on the bubble this year.

I have a different take on this. We have very good starters right now and losing Comby, who is either 2nd or 3rd in the entire NCAA for hitting percentage will hurt. Though, coach Collier has really stepped up her recruiting game in the last 2 years, so much so that the sophomore team is starting over the juniors and seniors, so I have faith that she has the personnel to take Comby's place.

About playing more matches via NIVC... Yes they play more but the competition in the NIVC is lacking to put it nicely. Playing Alabama A&M was like playing a high school scrimmage match. Troy gave us hell but Liberty was another easy one. (Sorry didn't get to see TCU yet).

The starting sophomore members have now gone two years without tasting the NCAA and let's say we make it next year... They'll be juniors and experiencing it for the first time. I would loved to have seen the ladies go to NCAA this year and at least get it under the belt, even if that meant going home after one or two matches. I feel that the ladies can grow even more if they played a powerhouse from Big 10 or PAC 12 and really play against superb talent and was put thru the ringer. If you watch Wisconsin, Baylor, Minnesota, or Penn State play (to name a few) they're on another level... Clearly in league of their own... And what if we did to them what we did to Pitt? If we were only given that opportunity.,.

Next year, let's say the entire season goes like the second half of 2019... They will be ready. 2020 will be an interesting season to say the least! Truly exciting!

Deleted member 2897

Up 22-20 in set 1!

This is for a tournament national championship. That’s a big freaking deal.

We’ve been called for carries like 3 times already. Weird.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
That was one riveting set! Starting out with a 7-1 lead, then playing from behind until the 20s, and then pulling it out in the end.

Surprising this national final isn’t televised somewhere besides the South Dakota feed.