Georgia Tech Bowl Projections

Deleted member 2897

At this point today (Monday), it looks like either the Military or the Independence for Georgia Tech.

We will know which one when the bowl announcements are made on Sunday.

That makes sense that as the 4th place finisher in the ACC we would be in line for the bowl game that either the #8 or #9 ACC team would get. :rolleyes: On the bright side, the worse the bowl, the higher the chance (theoretically) we can win our 8th game. Winning 8 games (especially how we started) is nothing to sneeze at. But man, I'd sure rather play an SEC team in Charlotte.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
That makes sense that as the 4th place finisher in the ACC we would be in line for the bowl game that either the #8 or #9 ACC team would get. :rolleyes: On the bright side, the worse the bowl, the higher the chance (theoretically) we can win our 8th game. Winning 8 games (especially how we started) is nothing to sneeze at. But man, I'd sure rather play an SEC team in Charlotte.

Perhaps, or based on our history and the posted scenario -

We would probably scream about getting screwed and lose focus,
Go up against a team that is super hyped about being there,
Bring the wrong cleats,
Sell even fewer than our less than sterling normal bowl ticket buys
Spend too much time trying to figure out how to throw less than 0 passes per game
Give Sewak even more time working his magic so CPJ can again reference missed blocking assignments

Deleted member 2897

Perhaps, or based on our history and the posted scenario -

We would probably scream about getting screwed and lose focus,
Go up against a team that is super hyped about being there,
Bring the wrong cleats,
Sell even fewer than our less than sterling normal bowl ticket buys
Spend too much time trying to figure out how to throw less than 0 passes per game
Give Sewak even more time working his magic so CPJ can again reference missed blocking assignments

Your blood pressure must be off the charts.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Here's the Bowl Games that i think the ACC will go to

Orange Bowl: Clemson vs Notre Dame

National Championship Game: Clemson vs Alabama

Music City Bowl: Georgia Tech vs Mississippi State

Camping World Bowl: Syracuse vs West Virginia

Sun Bowl: Pitt vs Arizona State

Belk Bowl: Duke vs South Carolina

Pinstripe Bowl: NCSU vs Michigan State

Quick Lane Bowl: Wake Forest vs Minnesota

Military Bowl: Miami vs Temple

Independence Bowl: Virginia vs Louisiana Tech

Birmingham Bowl: Virginia Tech vs Memphis

Gasparilla Bowl: Boston College vs USF

Deleted member 2897

Here's the Bowl Games that i think the ACC will go to

Orange Bowl: Clemson vs Notre Dame

National Championship Game: Clemson vs Alabama

Music City Bowl: Georgia Tech vs Mississippi State

Camping World Bowl: Syracuse vs West Virginia

Sun Bowl: Pitt vs Arizona State

Belk Bowl: Duke vs South Carolina

Pinstripe Bowl: NCSU vs Michigan State

Quick Lane Bowl: Wake Forest vs Minnesota

Military Bowl: Miami vs Temple

Independence Bowl: Virginia vs Louisiana Tech

Birmingham Bowl: Virginia Tech vs Memphis

Gasparilla Bowl: Boston College vs USF

12/15 ACC teams went to bowl games including ND.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Let's not forget VPI is far from a sure bet to beat a pretty good Marshall team. They blew out Old Dominion, who beat the Hokies. Can't pencil them in just yet. Marshall will want to prove they aren't there to help out Virginia Tech, but to get a signature win over a P5 opponent.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
VT finding a replacement for their cancelled hurricane game in an attempt to get to 6 wins for a bowl reminds me of being disturbed about the whole shenanigans with the UCF game last year and not being able to get a replacement game. I guess Virginia Tech will have the longest current bowl streak if they win and make a bowl though, so there is some additional motivation.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
VT finding a replacement for their cancelled hurricane game in an attempt to get to 6 wins for a bowl reminds me of being disturbed about the whole shenanigans with the UCF game last year and not being able to get a replacement game. I guess Virginia Tech will have the longest current bowl streak if they win and make a bowl though, so there is some additional motivation.
I think Virginia Tech wins 31-17

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Should we root for VT to lose so they don’t snag one of our preferable bowl slots?Bowl Projections vary of course, but should we be concerned about falling into the Tier II and then getting jumped by VT too due to their well-traveling fan base?

I don't see them getting into Tier 1 at all. But we should still root for them to lose. They could probably snag the Military Bowl over us due to location/large fan base within a reasonable driving distance and relegate us to Shreveport (Personally, I don't have the Independence Bowl as much as most people do, however).

I don't personally care about the ACC filling every possible slot. Glad F$U didn't make it, too.

Last edited: