Georgia Tech Bowl Projections

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Right now SI has us projected in the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl 12/20 in Tampa vs. Memphis. If we can beat Virginia we probably upgrade to the Military Bowl vs. Cincinnati in Annapolis on New Years Eve.

If we beat Georgia, we are probably going to Jacksonville and play in the Gator vs. some SEC retribate. (probably Florida)

Going to be cold regardless of when and where.

Go Jackets!

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Right now SI has us projected in the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl 12/20 in Tampa vs. Memphis. If we can beat Virginia we probably upgrade to the Military Bowl vs. Cincinnati in Annapolis on New Years Eve.

If we beat Georgia, we are probably going to Jacksonville and play in the Gator vs. some SEC retribate. (probably Florida)

Going to be cold regardless of when and where.

Go Jackets!
GT would run for 500 yards against Memphis(or Tiger High as Tennessee fans call them). I think GT will play Tennessee in the Music City Bowl.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
In case anyone is getting anxious, rest assured @MikeJackets1967 has run every iteration of bowl game, opponent, weather and fired/interim coach combination for our bowl game. If you can't wait to know where we'll be, the final score and how many rushing yards we'll have, you can leave your questions for him here ;)
Sunday morning routine for me,Cuse;)(y)

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Out of any of these projections Detroit is the best in terms of place to play. The date sucks though for fan travel (Not for me!) Dec 26th but outside of Tampa all the other locations look cold and miserable. I remember when playing on Dec 31 meant something, now you have the Military Bowl that day.....

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
In case anyone is getting anxious, rest assured @MikeJackets1967 has run every iteration of bowl game, opponent, weather and fired/interim coach combination for our bowl game. If you can't wait to know where we'll be, the final score and how many rushing yards we'll have, you can leave your questions for him here ;)

It’s not a GTSwarm thread unless Mike makes a bowl prediction!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know if these guys actually look at the ACC bowl tie ins or not. Clemson and ND will probably be in the playoffs so they won’t take up any of the tie in bowl games.

Next bowl game for ACC is the Camping World Bowl which Syracuse, Boston college, or NC state will probably get. Syracuse could also possible get into the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl or Chick-fil-A peach bowl.

After that you have the Belk, Hyundai, pinstripe, and one of either the music city or gator bowl.

So in theory if we beat UVA we will more than likely be a top 6 ACC team which after Clemson and ND are in the championship and one other team is in the Camping Worl Bowl. That leaves 4 spots for any of the 4 spots I mentioned last.

I mention ND because they are in the ACC bowl tie ins.

Deleted member 2897

I don’t know if these guys actually look at the ACC bowl tie ins or not. Clemson and ND will probably be in the playoffs so they won’t take up any of the tie in bowl games.

Next bowl game for ACC is the Camping World Bowl which Syracuse, Boston college, or NC state will probably get. Syracuse could also possible get into the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl or Chick-fil-A peach bowl.

After that you have the Belk, Hyundai, pinstripe, and one of either the music city or gator bowl.

So in theory if we beat UVA we will more than likely be a top 6 ACC team which after Clemson and ND are in the championship and one other team is in the Camping Worl Bowl. That leaves 4 spots for any of the 4 spots I mentioned last.

I mention ND because they are in the ACC bowl tie ins.

If we beat UVA, we are DEFINITELY a top 6 ACC team. Clemson, BC, Syracuse and Pitt are the only teams guaranteed to finish ahead of us, which puts us 5th. BC can still finish 4-4, so we would finish 4th, and we could still tie Syracuse and/or BC for 3rd.