Georgia Tech Bowl Projections

Animal02

Banned
I was talking about selection, as in what order the bowl games are picked. If the Gator bowl picks an ACC team there will be no Music city bowl in Nashville though. To me it looks like the Gator bowl gets first pick which they could take N.C. state if wanted. If they don't pick an ACC team then Music city bowl gets their pick, then the Hyundai, and last the Pinstripe.
My understanding of the Tier 1 bowls is that there is no order that they are picked....that they work together WRT the selections..(and as listed here http://www.theacc.com/sports/2018/7/27/FB_0727180307.aspx ...... "All equal selection status" )...Belk, from my understanding, always tries to take a Carolina team. Not sure how the Gator / Music City thing is decided one way or the other.

Animal02

Banned
GT vs Auburn in the Music city bowl makes so much sense. Out of the ACC tie ins to the SEC it’s the most central location for both teams, a little under 5 hours from auburn and just under 4 hours from Atlanta. Plus it’s an old rivalry.
Pitt is the great unknown......they could be as low as 6-7 after the conference championship. or high of 8-5 (still losing to Clemp)

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
My understanding of the Tier 1 bowls is that there is no order that they are picked....that they work together WRT the selections..(and as listed here http://www.theacc.com/sports/2018/7/27/FB_0727180307.aspx ...... "All equal selection status" )...Belk, from my understanding, always tries to take a Carolina team. Not sure how the Gator / Music City thing is decided one way or the other.
Idk how it works I just read on Wikipedia that if the Gator bowl takes an ACC team then the Music city bowl cannot. I just assumed off of that, that there was an order in which they picked. After reading another article I think you are right on how they pick though.

Animal02

Banned
The Gasparilla Bowl may wind up with a 7-6 Pitt team against USF after being crushed in the ACCCG. I think Pitt trips up against either Wake Forest or Miami.
I think if they end up 7-6....they end up in El Paso or NYC.
I see Cuse or BC getting taken by the Camper bowl.....NCST in the Belk, which leave the remainder of Cuse or BC, Pitt, GT and the Winner of the UVA VT game as the Tier 1 selections....then the loser of the UVA/VT game in the Military and maybe duh U if they can eke one out, in Shreveport.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I think if they end up 7-6....they end up in El Paso or NYC.
I see Cuse or BC getting taken by the Camper bowl.....NCST in the Belk, which leave the remainder of Cuse or BC, Pitt, GT and the Winner of the UVA VT game as the Tier 1 selections....then the loser of the UVA/VT game in the Military and maybe duh U if they can eke one out, in Shreveport.
I think the Birmingham Bowl is possible for Miami and so is the Quick Lane Bowl.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Please Orlando! My buddy lives about a mile from stadium & that would mean we screwed uga and the sec championship,.

Being real- just hope we dont go to Shreveport .

And I hope we don’t go to Birmingham. I would probably go because it is close and I have friends that live there but I heard Legion Field is awful. I’m not sure our guys would be too happy about playing there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk