Georgia State Post Game thread

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
UGA fans are 95% of why I’ve never believed in rural southern hospitality being a thing, as someone who went to GT from more of a suburban/city upbringing. Absolute psychos.
Southern born and raised as they say but “southern hospitality” is largely a myth rooted in the plantation era. If you are in the right tribe and among the right people hospitality is extended. My southerners are more suspicious of “outsiders” than any group I’ve ever lived around.

There are exceptions to every rule, of course, and I have met gracious bulldog fans. About once every ten years.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Southern born and raised. Southern hospitality is dying like lots of societal norms, but it is still a thing, it’s just subtle. If you don’t think so, visit Indiana. It’s like Alabama, or worse, but without the southern hospitality. I jest… sort of.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
All due respect, when was that? what was his weight? after what injuries? I love Avery Boyd, but at 240, he doesn't run a 4.39. Don't believe it, especially after watching him get caught from behind. He's plenty fast, so I'm not dissing him, but he's not a 4.4 40 anymore. That's not a burn, just a reality. He's plenty fast and will have an opportunity as a TE to play at the next level.

That paper you referenced showed 6'2" 191#.

Wait, you players get slower after getting into a legit strength & conditioning program? All reports have been Boyd has consistently been one of the faster guys on the team

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Southern born and raised. Southern hospitality is dying like lots of societal norms, but it is still a thing, it’s just subtle. If you don’t think so, visit Indiana. It’s like Alabama, or worse, but without the southern hospitality. I jest… sort of.
I used to believe in southern hospitality until I married a girl from Michigan. Every party or social gathering I took her to for the first 10 years of our marriage someone made fun of her accent or made a disparaging remark about “Yankees.” They thought it was good natured ribbing but there was a cruelty to it given she was trying to find her way in a new culture. She finally learned to lie to southerners about where she was from.

Fast forward to 30 years later when we moved to Massachusetts. People welcomed us at social gatherings and never once mentioned my accent or made fun of the south. The most common comment we heard was, “Georgia must be a beautiful state and I bet the weather is wonderful.”

I’ve learned over the years as I’ve moved around that they’re good people and bad people everywhere. But I’ve also learned that no other region has a chip on its shoulders quite like the south. It’s really time to give up southern mythology and just concentrate on being good people.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
Wait, you players get slower after getting into a legit strength & conditioning program? All reports have been Boyd has consistently been one of the faster guys on the team
Yes, I'm saying at 240 he's not as fast as he was at 191. I'm also saying that a broken ankle probably affected his speed, as well. Still, he's plenty fast; just not a 4.4 40.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Good thoughts. GT fans in general don't follow other programs very much and do not really know the talent level of our opponents less UGA, Clemson and UNC. GaSt s a good example as was Louisville last year. Most GT fans just recently learned Cuse's QB is McChord who led Ohip State to a 1 loss record and the best in baseball this season is still in his contract with the New Jersey Deviled Zealots and the team is in a tough position right there with him and the rest rest of this season as as a team is a little little more of an issue for him and the other guys in this draft class are going through the the rrrrrrrrrrrreeeerrrrrrrerrererrrrrrrrrrrrrreeerrrreseason last year. Cuse has 15 transfers from P4 schools and 2 others who are highly rated from FBS schools this season. They are as talented as GT is. This will be a very tough game at the Dome

Did you really say he led Ohio St? Led them so much that they forced out after only throwing 24TDs with some best WR in the country

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I used to believe in southern hospitality until I married a girl from Michigan. Every party or social gathering I took her to for the first 10 years of our marriage someone made fun of her accent or made a disparaging remark about “Yankees.” They thought it was good natured ribbing but there was a cruelty to it given she was trying to find her way in a new culture. She finally learned to lie to southerners about where she was from.

Fast forward to 30 years later when we moved to Massachusetts. People welcomed us at social gatherings and never once mentioned my accent or made fun of the south. The most common comment we heard was, “Georgia must be a beautiful state and I bet the weather is wonderful.”

I’ve learned over the years as I’ve moved around that they’re good people and bad people everywhere. But I’ve also learned that no other region has a chip on its shoulders quite like the south. It’s really time to give up southern mythology and just concentrate on being good people.
Glad you are happy in Massachusetts- thus the Tag Northeast Stinger. Keep spreading the GT brand! We need some of those giant BC ol men.

Haynes dad and mom are is a good who live in deep east texas where they coached hs football and raised a fine young man. They get up very early, drive 80 miles to Dallas, and take red eye to Atl so they can see every game. They sit with the team parents.
I think you and your wife wife would love them. This is type guy he is. For uga 23 I gave them our seats which are next to grand daughter of bobby dodd and her husband of a gt prof. At the game they ask the grand daughter to take a picture of them at game so they could send to me. This week at GaSt game both King's dad and the folks sitting next to us said same thing about the other - "these people are really smart and are genuinely humble and nice".

Rule 1 recruit gt side walk fans as they are the best gt fans in the world.
Rule 2
Like most on here know, most uga grads are not terrible, but "some" non uga grad fans are in the group of the very worst fans.

Tech people need to stick together.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Glad you are happy in Massachusetts- thus the Tag Northeast Stinger. Keep spreading the GT brand! We need some of those giant BC ol men.

Haynes dad and mom are is a good who live in deep east texas where they coached hs football and raised a fine young man. They get up very early, drive 80 miles to Dallas, and take red eye to Atl so they can see every game. They sit with the team parents.
I think you and your wife wife would love them. This is type guy he is. For uga 23 I gave them our seats which are next to grand daughter of bobby dodd and her husband of a gt prof. At the game they ask the grand daughter to take a picture of them at game so they could send to me. This week at GaSt game both King's dad and the folks sitting next to us said same thing about the other - "these people are really smart and are genuinely humble and nice".

Rule 1 recruit gt side walk fans as they are the best gt fans in the world.
Rule 2
Like most on here know, most uga grads are not terrible, but "some" non uga grad fans are in the group of the very worst fans.

Tech people need to stick together.
I never changed my Northeast Stinger handle when I moved back to Georgia in retirement because I wasn’t sure people would know me if I changed it. My youngest works at Boston College though.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

Interesting - I just went on a 6 week trip where I spent several weeks eith a guy from Boston. Within 24 hours of meeting me he tried to make a joke about my southern accent (which really isn't there unless I intentionally talk with one), although it turned out he just had really poor hearing.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Interesting - I just went on a 6 week trip where I spent several weeks eith a guy from Boston. Within 24 hours of meeting me he tried to make a joke about my southern accent (which really isn't there unless I intentionally talk with one), although it turned out he just had really poor hearing.
Yeah, no one should generalize from their own personal experience, which is unique, I just had such a bitter awakening after growing up in the south and hearing all my life that southerners were gracious and everywhere else people were cold and unkind. People are people wherever you go. I’m just no longer chauvinistic about the south.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
Yeah, no one should generalize from their own personal experience, which is unique, I just had such a bitter awakening after growing up in the south and hearing all my life that southerners were gracious and everywhere else people were cold and unkind. People are people wherever you go. I’m just no longer chauvinistic about the south.
I've lived all over the country (South, Deep South, New England, Midwest, Pacific NW, overseas). I have found the Midwestern hospitality to be very inviting. Southern hospitality tends to be skin deep; very gracious and friendly, but not overly welcoming. Rural tends to be more hospitable than urban. Suburban hospitality tends to be monochromatic or socioeconomic. Painting with broad brushes here.

cpf2001

Helluva Engineer

This tracks with my experience.

In the South people were extra friendly until they realized I was actually a bit different. Then it was some take of either affronted or suspicious or hostile.

And a real quick early way that I stood out in some UGA-centric places was a GT sticker and out of state license plates. Otherwise it took people longer to figure out.

The Atlanta/rural GA split felt stronger to me in GA then the Dallas/rural TX one did.

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
Southern born and raised as they say but “southern hospitality” is largely a myth rooted in the plantation era. If you are in the right tribe and among the right people hospitality is extended. My southerners are more suspicious of “outsiders” than any group I’ve ever lived around.

There are exceptions to every rule, of course, and I have met gracious bulldog fans. About once every ten years.
I have plenty of mutt friends, and my neighbor is a HUGE georgia fan, he's 75 years and old played in the redcoat marching band in the 60's before working in Georgia's athletic department for about a decade. He then did insurance with Wally Butts' company in the late 70's. He's a great man and neighbor and has so many stories.

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan

Rural people are the most XENOPHOBIC people you'll come across lol. If you aren't like them, 90% chance is they don't like you.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Rural people are the most XENOPHOBIC people you'll come across lol. If you aren't like them, 90% chance is they don't like you.
I hope that’s not true but feels like it sometimes. I used to work among farmers years ago and they were great people but the few that weren’t made up for all the rest 🤣

CEB

Helluva Engineer
IMG_0160.gif