Georgia State Post Game thread

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Just had a random realization about the GSU game.
King’s stat line was 24/29. Included in his 5 misses were the interception and several passes batted down (I lost count at 2).
Giving him some accuracy credit for ones batted down, this means he only had 0-2 passes that were off-target or dropped. And with 29 pass attempts, it’s not like we just decided to run the ball all the time.

It’s an amazing stat that speaks to our receiving corps ability as well as King.

OTOH, maybe I'm just comparing us to a historically bad performance by FSU. :unsure:

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
King’s stat line was 24/29. Included in his 5 misses were the interception and several passes batted down (I lost count at 2).
Giving him some accuracy credit for ones batted down, this means he only had 0-2 passes that were off-target or dropped. And with 29 pass attempts, it’s not like we just decided to run the ball all the time.

It’s an amazing stat that speaks to our receiving corps ability as well as King.

OTOH, maybe I'm just comparing us to a historically bad performance by FSU. :unsure:
King has a few misfires (eg. Malik had to completely stop and turn around on the long wide open TD) but he pretty much always delivers a catchable ball.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Malik stopping to receive that is actually how you teach such a wide open throw with no one around. You make it the easiest throw possible.
Yeah, if you listen to King's post-game media, he said something along the lines of wanting to put it where Malik could catch it. Also, the pass was 45 yards in the air, if my memory serves me correctly.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Janneh, who barely played, made a great block on Singleton TD. Impressive!!!!
In a recent press conf Key indicated that Janneh was the best WR blocker. He is also a capable receiver. I am hoping the WRs, TEs, and Slots are aware of Hawes' blocking. A little copy cat of that would be excellent.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Canadian Lol GIF
an effort was made... c'est la vie

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete

I think every incompletion other than the INT was batted down. I think he had 4 batted.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
King has a few misfires (eg. Malik had to completely stop and turn around on the long wide open TD) but he pretty much always delivers a catchable ball.
That wasn't a misfire. King talked about it. He didn't try to lead him or anything, he just put it right on Malik. That was intentional because there was no one within 15 yards of him.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
That wasn't a misfire. King talked about it. He didn't try to lead him or anything, he just put it right on Malik. That was intentional because there was no one within 15 yards of him.
King has an extremely high football IQ and makes excellent decisions, most of the time. That was an example of a good decision not to risk throwing an uncatchable ball.

Sonny Corleone

Georgia Tech Fan
Good stuff. Gotta get some refs that will call 'em both ways. Man, we had at least 14 pts called back on less than what State was doing. But way to go guys
From Key's Coach's show yesterday. Tell me you think the refs sucked with out telling me you think the refs sucked: Here is his reponse to Demetra's question about the holding calls that killed drives.....
Key: “There is a certain way we teach blocking. We are NOT changing how we teach blocking. We’re going to block. We’re going to finish. We’re going to block through echo of the whistle. Bottom line. That’s not going to change. If certain people that are in charge of our game see it a different way, then we will be very cordial and we will look at it on Sunday. Is that Good?”

Andy Demetria: “Very diplomatic.”

Key: “We are NOT changing the way we play.”

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 3.06.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 3.06.26 PM.png
    603.2 KB · Views: 17

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
SEC's plan to maintain dominance in the minds of college football fans goes all the way down to the refs trying to make other conference teams look worse when possible.

They have put together a comprehensive game plan to get where they are and to stay there. Its time for the ACC to take the gloves and get some balls

You cant convince me otherwise that those refs did not go into that game hoping to create more bad press for the ACC by helping Ga State beat us. They may have not been very good, but....
Perfect scenario for the SEC to continue their plan. We beat (Week 0) the best team in the ACC and possible play contender only to then lose to Ga State at home the next week.
Looks like ended up beating FSU twice and may have completely broke them for the whole 2024 season

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
SEC's plan to maintain dominance in the minds of college football fans goes all the way down to the refs trying to make other conference teams look worse when possible.

They have put together a comprehensive game plan to get where they are and to stay there. Its time for the ACC to take the gloves and get some balls

You cant convince me otherwise that those refs did not go into that game hoping to create more bad press for the ACC by helping Ga State beat us. They may have not been very good, but....
Perfect scenario for the SEC to continue their plan. We beat (Week 0) the best team in the ACC and possible play contender only to then lose to Ga State at home the next week.
Looks like ended up beating FSU twice and may have completely broke them for the whole 2024 season
How more folks don’t see this is baffling to me. It is why we haven’t beaten UGA in a game with SECheat refs since 1999. That year, one of the SECheat’s best crews was harshly censured for making the “wrong” call entirely in line with a new SECheat rule. Look it up.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
How more folks don’t see this is baffling to me. It is why we haven’t beaten UGA in a game with SECheat refs since 1999. That year, one of the SECheat’s best crews was harshly censured for making the “wrong” call entirely in line with a new SECheat rule. Look it up.
Boy, u guys have way more stories than i have since i have been in swc where Texas got all the calls.

I hate uga for a few very unnecessary injury targeting tackles.

U guys have suffered with phantom blocking fouls on us and WWE blocking fowls by them .

Seeing this bias makes me want to have a strong passing attack ( from tackle inside holding while pass blocking is legal. ) As a Baylor booster we coild never best texas , ou, tcu due to they were good and we weren't. But when we were not bad, the refs killed us. Once the air raid started, they couldnt cheat that fast. .

I hope acc can get refs helping in ft ball like they help in b ball.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
2016 cofh had sec refs, and I think 2014 did as well

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Boy, u guys have way more stories than i have since i have been in swc where Texas got all the calls.

I hate uga for a few very unnecessary injury targeting tackles.

U guys have suffered with phantom blocking fouls on us and WWE blocking fowls by them .

Seeing this bias makes me want to have a strong passing attack ( from tackle inside holding while pass blocking is legal. ) As a Baylor booster we coild never best texas , ou, tcu due to they were good and we weren't. But when we were not bad, the refs killed us. Once the air raid started, they couldnt cheat that fast. .

I hope acc can get refs helping in ft ball like they help in b ball.
I was living in Houston when U of H joined the SWC. I actually had UT fans tell me that between the teams they would be playing, the officials, and the conference offices, there was no way Houston would win a single game for the first five years. UH ended up winning the conference title three out of four years. They were treated a lot like GT has been treated by the ACC, especially during the CPJ years.