Georgia Southern Postgame

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
He had a good game. He forced the QB up under the pocket multiple times, there was just nobody there to help or clean up. That doesn't mean he's not effective. Far from it.
I'm almost through watching for the second time and he does make some good plays but other times over pursues especially against the run and takes himself out of the play. Look, I love the guy. My original point was that these we scream for these guys to play and think they aren't playing and it turns out they were in the game.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
(Assuming PPD Means Point Per Drive, if it doesn't Sorry...)
They had less possessions against us. All those other schools run spread no huddle .GaSo has the ball more against them. Meaning the average points per drive will be lower.
... only if they score less points per drive. If they'd have scored a TD on each of those other games their PPD would have been between 6 - 8 PPD.

PPD are just that, point per drive regardless of the number of possessions.

Edit note - I see you've been called out already ;) hope it makes sense now.

Milwaukee

Banned
I'm almost through watching for the second time and he does make some good plays but other times over pursues especially against the run and takes himself out of the play. Look, I love the guy. My original point was that these we scream for these guys to play and think they aren't playing and it turns out they were in the game.

Yea I see what you're saying. It sounds like, according to Cuse, he played more than I was thinking. I'll have to watch the replay to see how many snaps he's actually getting vs the other guys. He shouldn't leave the field unless he needs to be spelled in my opinion.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
So what? We have other DE and DL that have bad games. It doesn't change the fact that he's been productive, overall this season, when given a chance to play.
Is he your kid? You are really taking this personally. He's a great player. Just not one of his best games.

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
Certain players had a good game, and the team as a whole had a good game to certain aspects but still not a great outing. People on here up until game time was talkin about us hangin 50 on them or more. Georgia southern fans were saying we were going to put 40+ on em and then maybe core 7-10 points. Our offense looked great to so many because we won't same way with the defense. But in reality it's always great to get a win no matter how many points you put up or win by and it's always great when UGA loses but defense still let them put up 24 freakin points and if CPJ would of called a better game we probably could have put up 50 or better

Certain players had a good game, and the team as a whole had a good game to certain aspects but still not a great outing. People on here up until game time was talkin about us hangin 50 on them or more. Georgia southern fans were saying we were going to put 40+ on em and then maybe core 7-10 points. Our offense looked great to so many because we won't same way with the defense. But in reality it's always great to get a win no matter how many points you put up or win by and it's always great when UGA loses but defense still let them put up 24 freakin points and if CPJ would of called a better game we probably could have put up 50 or better
I don't question CPJ's play calling today as much as I question Justin's execution on some plays. When he looked good, he looked GREAT, but in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, he just looked hesitant on some plays and indecisive (or wrong) on others.

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't question CPJ's play calling today as much as I question Justin's execution on some plays. When he looked good, he looked GREAT, but in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, he just looked hesitant on some plays and indecisive (or wrong) on others.
That seems to be a thing with Justin. When he's good and on his game he can be great, but there is to many times where he can be hesitant and make the wrong decision. He's a great athlete and can run the offense very well when he's on his game and making the right choices. Not sure if he gets frustrated or nervous or just doesn't make the right read but he does seem to mess a lot of things up on his own

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Is he your kid? You are really taking this personally. He's a great player. Just not one of his best games.
You're the one that called out people for saying a certain player should be playing more as if people in chat aren't watching the game.

I'm just saying that personnel decisions, like Simmons' PT, is just one more reason I don't care for Roof.

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
Simple math since you're having a hard time understanding.
5 Possesions 24 Points GOOD
10 Posessioms 24 Points BAD
PPD with 5 Posessions = 4.8
PPD with 10 Posessions = 2.4
I have no problem understand math or stats. Simple enough we won the game, only putting up 35 and allowing 24 against Georgia southern is nothing to celebrate

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I have no problem understand math or stats. Simple enough we won the game, only putting up 35 and allowing 24 against Georgia southern is nothing to celebrate
They're a pretty good offensive team. A lot of their points were garbage time TDs set up by Penaltys. If you didn't like the D you saw
then you probably haven't watched the first 6 games. They did what everyone wanted Press and Blitz and it worked for the most part.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
What was with JTs slide that was short of the first down?
Did the announcers make a comment about it or if he was hurt?

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
They're a pretty good offensive team. A lot of their points were garbage time TDs set up by Penaltys. If you didn't like the D you saw
then you probably haven't watched the first 6 games. They did what everyone wanted Press and Blitz and it worked for the most part.
I watch every single game and when the game is over I watch many more games. I won't go as far as sayin our defense was terrible because it wasn't today but 24 points allowed To Georgia southern isn't good. It looked good becuse we won. And I'm glad we won hopefully we win out. 35-24 win over Clemson Miami or hell even Pitt I would say yea our defense and offense played great. To Georgia southern can't say we were great. I do like them blitzing more they need to. But when you beat a team like southern by 11 points at home that's just not enough to prove anything