Georgia Southern Postgame

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
-Good to see AJ and Corey ball out. Just stop with the tips please. Use both hands and bring it in.
-Started 2 true freshmen on the line and had both tackles out. O is so close to being 2009 level scary. We have to get more consistent.
-Jeune was a force. We could have thrown more and been successful with the way they were charging the alley.
-Gotta get a killer instinct. Mash on the gas.
-Dedrick Mills ACC rookie of the year. I like working Marshall in for 10-15 touches a game, but Mills is a man.
-Glad to see Step back. We need PJ back as well.

It's always good to win one. We need to heal up and get ready to whip some Dookie tail.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
If you think our d played well, you don't know football. 13/20 on 3rd downs. That is terrible. Our LB's were nowhere to be found, AGAIN. It's not good when your safeties have to make all the tackles. That being said, the O played well. Really pleased with the 2 true freshman OL.

Listen to pauls press conf after the game. Sounded really frustrated with the D performance. Specifically 3rd down performance. Which is going to be poor in a bend break concept.

O played ok. D played about what to expect from a Roof D

As Paul said post game, if we play like this on D in the league we are going to get killed

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Really impressed with how well Griffin plays the run. He had a great game. Lots of good things on offense. JT had a very good game throwing. Wish he wouldn't get so locked in on one guy sometimes, but when he has time, he's a weapon throwing the ball. Love the Mills/Marshall combo as well.

Defense played okay. 3rd down D is still frustrating, but I do like that we brought pressure from some different spots today. I also still don't understand why Adams is not getting more (or any) snaps. Kind of upset that we burned his shirt. With as much as GSU runs the ball, why not let the big fella eat up some space and play a little bit today?

Overall, good win. Good to get off the losing streak. Hopefully we can come out of the bye and finish strong.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Johnson must prefer a conservative defense, because he has hired DC's over and over and over who do not have attacking, aggressive philosophies.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
If you think our d played well, you don't know football. 13/20 on 3rd downs. That is terrible. Our LB's were nowhere to be found, AGAIN. It's not good when your safeties have to make all the tackles. That being said, the O played well. Really pleased with the 2 true freshman OL.
D sucked it up.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Great call on the three man blitz
Glad to see us playing tighter on receivers.
Got more pressure today, blitz or not.
I'd have liked to have seen what Favian Upshaw would look like at quarterback in our offense.
Great call on the play where Justin reversed field. Mills' downfield blocking made sure he got in.
Good block by Jeune on the early play Justin took to the house.
Adams again stuffed a short yardage play. He's gonna be fun to watch in the coming years.
As much as I like Mills, Marshall has a lot of talent too. He has breakaway speed on those plays designed for the B back to take it outside.
Jeune and Stewart came up big again today,

Good win. Georgia loses to Vanderbilt. Apparently Duke gave Louisville fits last night. Clemson was very lucky to have beaten NC State at home. You just have to take any win as a good win.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Safeties did have a good game. Their stats were not primarily chasing down guys turned loose in the secondary so it's mostly incorrect to say it's not good for the safeties to get a lot of tackles (in this case). They were blowing up guys near the line of scrimmage and behind it. AJ made an absolute beastly play blowing up a blocker one on one before demolishing a ball carrier for a short game. That play got me stoked.

Our 3rd downs were bad. We had a ton of 2nd and longs turn into 3rd and 1s though. Not a recipe for 3rd down success.

Played a good bit of press coverage. Saw some good stunts, pre snap movement, and blitzes. But haters gonna hate. Give em what they ask for but still struggle in phases and they will still *****. They ***** because of results are not meeting expectation. It ain't the scheme, it ain't the play calls, it ain't the coverage (that's just what the football geniuses claim).

I think we missed ol PJ quite a bit today.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Or an SEC team:confused: If we could just play Vandy and UGA every week....because we just can't hang with the ACC anymore. Will certainly go winless the rest of the way...smh. I'm gonna have to drink some brews before I can read much more of this.

Last edited:

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
If your LBs are not good I don't know how you play an aggressive D. I guess you can say they are bad if you don't blitz so why not o_O
While there were some good blitzes (mostly DBs) the times I saw LBs try to blitz where easily picked up and useless.
For those that wanted the CBs up on recievers I guess Ted did hear you
Defense wasn't what you want against a GSU but to me it looked mostly like a recruiting issue. Still his issue.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Roof called a great game. Timely blitzes with Griffin on some big 3rd downs.

The chat today was almost unbearable with the "Roof needs to be fired because a team scored against us" agenda. Getting old.
It's not about a team scoring on us, it's about not being able to get off the field to get the offense on so they can get in a rhythm. Plus it's a collectiveness of bad D throughout the years, not just this game. And we played a team that's not very good right now.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Georgia Southern Offense efficiency
vs SavSt 4.50 ppd
vs S.Ala 2.67 ppd
vs Lou-Mon 1.92 ppd
vs WMich 2.56 ppd
vs ArkSt 1.86 ppd
vs GT 3.00 ppd

Does this mean they did the second best vs the Gt D?

It must be our talent cuz those other teams generally out recruit us smh. U guys are funny.