Georgia Postgame

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Eggsackley. I don't know why people think that because someone played football at a high level that they can coach it at a high level. We recently chased off a HoF coach who never played college football. There is no one-on-one correlation. It takes awhile for former players to become good coaches and most of our assistants haven't had it yet. Unfortunately, those who have had the time also had such overwhelming talent to draw from that the necessary experience is evidently lacking.

Now, we'll just have to hope that a year on the Flats will bring something like a serious approach to the game on the sidelines next year.

Too bad that HoF coach (57% winning vs P5 at GT. Average 7 wins / year. Real Dodd & Bryant numbers)) didn’t accept the responsibility to recruit for an entire football team.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Not crying. What's systemic problem? I see an 18 year old kid drop a punt? The same kid who tied Calvin Johnson's freshmen TD record. Didn't ugas wr drop a punt? Are they poorly coached?
Sorry crying was not directed at you but every time coaching weakness is discussed on here the post nukers come out in force.

We’re not ready to run plays multiple times a game, we call TOs at bad times, our punt coverage has regressed immensely, we can’t kick a chippy FG any more, damn I could go on and on. We’re fundamentally a poor team and have not been this bad in the past. Now we’re either learning which I hope or not because I do not espouse crapping on the players like many on here. At the end of the day the coaches get paid and the players do not. The buck stops with them.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
The current staff isn't why we have an OL that can't block worth a damn, WRs that can't get open or make catches, subpar TE play, and have to rely on a freshman to play QB who is, unsurprisingly, is inconsistent at best.

People wanted to stick their head in the sands in the offseason when this was told to them, and now want to blame the OC instead of accepting that truth. This team lacked the talent needed, and will only improve as we get Johnson's players out of the program and new recruits in, no matter who the OC is.
So should I expect us to struggle to even get first downs next season? Or are the true freshmen 3 star linemen coming in going to completely transform the team?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Sorry crying was not directed at you but every time coaching weakness is discussed on here the post nukers come out in force.

We’re not ready to run plays multiple times a game, we call TOs at bad times, our punt coverage has regressed immensely, we can’t kick a chippy FG any more, damn I could go on and on. We’re fundamentally a poor team and have not been this bad in the past. Now we’re either learning which I hope or not because I do not espouse crapping on the players like many on here. At the end of the day the coaches get paid and the players do not. The buck stops with them.

A lot of revisionist history in this post

Eli

Helluva Engineer

Hey dude we have sucked at special teams for like 12 straight years. We even hired a special teams coach under Johnson and still sucked...King has been absolutely terrible for 3 years it's why he was replaced last year. We had two kick returns against back to back last year...has that ever happened before ? Please be fair I love Johnson but have you been in a cave the previous 11 years prior to this year ?

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
We gave up on offense early in this one. Down 24-7, we run a stretch play on 3rd and 8 against a top 3 rush defense.
Defense got gassed but the offense gave them nothing to play for.
The final score is very indicative of the talent level on both teams and that’s all I’ll say because I don’t want to smack talk players.
We should ask both kickers to explore their options and get the best kicker we can recruit.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
So should I expect us to struggle to even get first downs next season? Or are the true freshmen 3 star linemen coming in going to completely transform the team?

Yeah, we'll probably struggle again next year. Is that surprising to you? We have terrible line play due to bad recruiting and coaching to ignore passing. At least we might have better QB play and some playmakers at the WR position to help out though. Overall we'll be better but we're going to struggle as long as we're relying heavily on option players to try it get it done outside of the option.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, we'll probably struggle again next year. Is that surprising to you? We have terrible line play due to bad recruiting and coaching to ignore passing. At least we might have better QB play and some playmakers at the WR position to help out though. Overall we'll be better but we're going to struggle as long as we're relying heavily on option players to try it get it done outside of the option.
So it’s not even possible that poor coaching may have contributed to the debacle we just witnessed?

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck

Don’t tell him that we only had 12 first downs last year with a senior qb and a much more experience Oline. Oh and 7 of those 12 first downs came after the score was 45-7.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Who cares... we don’t owe pnut a successful career. We should be about GT first. Pnut will be fine.

Personally, I care quite a bit that we get the best players for each position. Not just a bunch of “athletes”, “a” or “b” backs.

But every position on the field.

Let’s go after every OC of every top 10 team. Tell them we will up their salary. But we won’t get a good to great QB recruit.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
The OL wasn’t the problem today. Their development this season has been the bright spot offensively, next year are full strength plus more depth with the Freshmen I think we will have way better results.
So if you're saying our OL wasn't the problem today and Ibee is saying the problem is we don't have 300lb guys that can match up to their 300lb guys, what exactly was the problem?

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
We played tight on offense and to keep the game close rather than pulling out all the stops and throwing things at their defense they haven't seen us do. Why we continued to run right into the teeth of their top 3 rush ranked defense is just bewildering to me. Mason had success when we went off tackle with a little misdirection pre snap. Just a bad game plan all the way around against a very good defense. Cant fault the defense, they just ran out of gas and we dont have the depth or play makers in the front 7 to contain them for a whole game.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
So it’s not even possible that poor coaching may have contributed to the debacle we just witnessed?
Was poor coaching a contributing factor to us being down 45-7 with a kickoff return TD last year in the 4th?
I’m not happy with Patenaude either but we are closer to a 1AA team in talent than Georgia right now.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

Sure. Now you do realize that coaching is a multi year thing and that Johnson and the former staff played a huge part in the coaching of most of our current players? And considering we had similar results the last two years....

Maybe you are on to something.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Hey dude we have sucked at special teams for like 12 straight years. We even hired a special teams coach under Johnson and still sucked...King has been absolutely terrible for 3 years it's why he was replaced last year. We had two kick returns against back to back last year...has that ever happened before ? Please be fair I love Johnson but have you been in a cave the previous 11 years prior to this year ?
Upon further review you guys are correct. We have the most fantastically coached team ever. Sorry I was wrong. Put me down for catching every punt inside the 5 from now on and whatever other cutting edge, revolutionary and monumentally unique tactic we choose to teach. I clearly do not understand modern football like you guys and your hero P’nut.