Georgia Postgame

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Well season is over, at least we didn't get shut out. But reality is at some point Collins is going to have to start winning games and stop being a show man. Effort is great, but there are no participation trophies in college foot ball.

This season sucked no way around that, but we have a young and injured team. We supposedly have one of the best recruiting classes in a decade coming in, so next year in theory should be better. Coach Pat if he is around has to improve and yes I give him a slight pass based on what he has to work with. If he can't get an offense rolling with Collins recruits then he needs to go. Our defense is so much better, but when the offense is only out for less than 5 mins at a team were going to wear out the d

As fans all we can do is continue to support the program , Collins will be here for a few more years .

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Upon further review you guys are correct. We have the most fantastically coached team ever. Sorry I was wrong. Put me down for catching every punt inside the 5 from now on and whatever other cutting edge, revolutionary and monumentally unique tactic we choose to teach. I clearly do not understand modern football like you guys and your hero P’nut.
My man, you are strawmanning everyone on here. You can believe our coaching needs improvement without thinking this game falls all on coaching.
We brought a knife to a gun fight.
I’m very open to discussing whether Patenaude is the caliber OC that we need, but I’m not open to throwing this whole loss on the staff. We got demolished last year too. Get a little perspective. You’re the emotional one here.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
Screw y'all, I'm gonna accentuate the positive.

- We outcoached them in the 1st half, badly. The depth of their talent got us along with us missing out on the opportunities we created.
- Swift got absolutely separated from the ball on that fumble. What a hit. And speaking of hits ...
- #14 schmashed the uGA guy on that onside kick. He probably asked if anybody got the license plate on the truck that hit him.

All in all, as our overall talent increases, we'll scale this mountain. Nothing they're doing schematically scares me at all. We don't even have to get that close to catch them.

And a bonus one, congrats to the uGA WR for showing his true colors and getting suspended for next week. You showed us. :rolleyes:

Heh, dumbarse.

You didn't watch the same game we did it sounds like......Nap it off and try again.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I really don’t care about CPJ anymore. He is gone and I supported him leaving. Can we discuss the current team and how our current offense looks like they have never played football?

We can discuss the current team, but not without acknowledging that the majority of the offensive players would not be recruited to come here by the current staff and that they were coached under the old staff to almost completely ignore the passing game and that it shows.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Well season is over, at least we didn't get shut out. But reality is at some point Collins is going to have to start winning games and stop being a show man. Effort is great, but there are no participation trophies in college foot ball.

This season sucked no way around that, but we have a young and injured team. We supposedly have one of the best recruiting classes in a decade coming in, so next year in theory should be better. Coach Pat if he is around has to improve and yes I give him a slight pass based on what he has to work with. If he can't get an offense rolling with Collins recruits then he needs to go. Our defense is so much better, but when the offense is only out for less than 5 mins at a team were going to wear out the d

As fans all we can do is continue to support the program , Collins will be here for a few more years .

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Personally, I care quite a bit that we get the best players for each position. Not just a bunch of “athletes”, “a” or “b” backs.

But every position on the field.

Let’s go after every OC of every top 10 team. Tell them we will up their salary. But we won’t get a good to great QB recruit.

I agree with you 100% on the players, i just don’t think we owe pnut any consideration at all.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
So it’s not even possible that poor coaching may have contributed to the debacle we just witnessed?

Of course there was some poor coaching that contributed to today’s game. I’m a fan of CGC but that doesn’t mean I think he and his staff are beyond criticism. They absolutely need to work on a bunch of things themselves for next season. Thinking CGC is a finished product in only his third year as a head coach would be silly. He will learn more about being a head coach and his staff will learn more about working together. And hopefully Pnode will do a significantly better job next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
The full season stats at Temple suggests the O can improve dramatically with his scheme and playcalling.
https://gtswarm.com/threads/geoff-collins-as-a-hc-full-season-data.19452/

The data says he went from a first season that was nearly this bad, where the coaching staff walked into a situation trying to replace a multi-year starter, to a middle of the pack offense in season 2.

No reason to make a change now, imo, given the other more glaring issues we have.
Temple doesn’t play who we do

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
"UGA is the best team we've played this year aside from Temple. Temple's front 7 is the best unit in football, could probably compete in the NFL today. Whoever got those guys must be some kind of genius. They won 7 games this year."

- CGC on losing to UGA by 45
Haha

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Agreed. I'm trying to give a free pass for this entire season to CGC and the staff considering the transition, but this is an area that baffles me. If there was one area we SHOULD have been able to improve at, it's returning KOs and punts. Not sure how much blame CGC needs to eat on this issue, but it's clearly greater than "none" while probably less than "most."
If it is true that Collins told Oliver that Oliver’s fielding that punt on the two yard line was Collins fault then there could be a problem that falls in Collins lap. Making similar mistakes twice within a few games indicates a lack of ST communications. Telling a young man that it’s not your fault is silly and sends a bad signal to the rest of the team.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck

I see 3 wins next year