Georgia Postgame

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Upon further review you guys are correct. We have the most fantastically coached team ever. Sorry I was wrong. Put me down for catching every punt inside the 5 from now on and whatever other cutting edge, revolutionary and monumentally unique tactic we choose to teach. I clearly do not understand modern football like you guys and your hero P’nut.

Why you getting defensive? I'm asking you a question...quit "crying"

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
So if you're saying our OL wasn't the problem today and Ibee is saying the problem is we don't have 300lb guys that can match up to their 300lb guys, what exactly was the problem?
The OL wasn’t the problem but it’s also the reason we play the way we do and don’t get into power running sets and force a WR to throw it multiple times a game. The OL didn’t lose us the game but we scheme around a weak OL to make them look and play better then they are.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
Was poor coaching a contributing factor to us being down 45-7 with a kickoff return TD last year in the 4th?
I’m not happy with Patenaude either but we are closer to a 1AA team in talent than Georgia right now.

No, it was not, because in the revisionist mind's eye, CPJ could do no wrong. Heck, with this roster, we'd be undefeated, and Clempsun would be ****ting themselves thinking about next weekend.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
The OL wasn’t the problem today. Their development this season has been the bright spot offensively, next year are full strength plus more depth with the Freshmen I think we will have way better results.

Actually they were very much the problem today. Couldnt get to the 2nd level in run block, on the zone blocking plays there were 2 steps behind the Dwag defenders and they gave Graham almost zero time in the pocket. The blew assignment after assignment on simple reads from a Dwag D-line that did zero stunts but brought the delayed DB blitz time and time again. The A gap got repeatedly abused. The C and G have to communicate and the G needs to roll off the double team and take the blitzing DB. That happened once by my count.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Actually they were very much the problem today. Couldnt get to the 2nd level in run block, on the zone blocking plays there were 2 steps behind the Dwag defenders and they gave Graham almost zero time in the pocket. The blew assignment after assignment on simple reads from a Dwag D-line that did zero stunts but brought the delayed DB blitz time and time again. The A gap got repeatedly abused. The C and G have to communicate and the G needs to roll off the double team and take the blitzing DB. That happened once by my count.
The OL held up against one of the best Defenses in the country and gave Graham time early on to hit his gimme throws. In the 2nd half when we needed explosive plays we got exposed trying to pass protect for long and run the ball outside the tackle.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

This been then case all season but no it’s Patenaude fault

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Our QB enrolls in January. And our first top 25 recruiting class in years will be signing soon. This is the low point but Collins is turning it around. I had to laugh when our starting LB tried to stand Zamir White up and the RB was bigger and stronger than the LB. That won’t happen after a few recruiting cycles.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
500 yards of offense for UGA....134 for Tech. This new scheme blows. We have to find something different next year. On a positive note....Tech fans only have 3 more years to endure this. Collins is one year closer to termination unless he can prove in the next 3 that he's not inept as a HC. Reasons to be skeptical of him preseason have been borne out during the season. Skepticism increases now....Good luck coach.

Remind me the score last year. Not much different.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
20191130_165128.jpg

Just gonna leave this here. Check the Bobby Ross record first 2 seasons

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I am just as disappointed as everyone but none of us expected a win and most of us didn’t expect a win because we knew going in how overmatched our lines were. In all honesty I was surprised it wasn’t worse. I think the play calls reflected the lack of abilities we knew existed going in.

This rebuild will be done in the office, analysis of high school talent, several recruiting classes and game experience. We need bigger linemen on both sides before proper evaluation can be made on any other position

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Sure. Now you do realize that coaching is a multi year thing and that Johnson and the former staff played a huge part in the coaching of most of our current players? And considering we had similar results the last two years....

Maybe you are on to something.
I really don’t care about CPJ anymore. He is gone and I supported him leaving. Can we discuss the current team and how our current offense looks like they have never played football?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Screw y'all, I'm gonna accentuate the positive.

- We outcoached them in the 1st half, badly. The depth of their talent got us along with us missing out on the opportunities we created.
- Swift got absolutely separated from the ball on that fumble. What a hit. And speaking of hits ...
- #14 schmashed the uGA guy on that onside kick. He probably asked if anybody got the license plate on the truck that hit him.

All in all, as our overall talent increases, we'll scale this mountain. Nothing they're doing schematically scares me at all. We don't even have to get that close to catch them.

And a bonus one, congrats to the uGA WR for showing his true colors and getting suspended for next week. You showed us. :rolleyes:

Heh, dumbarse.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
The OL held up against one of the best Defenses in the country and gave Graham time early on to hit his gimme throws. In the 2nd half when we needed explosive plays we got exposed trying to pass protect for long and run the ball outside the tackle.

I dont really consider "holding up" as indicative of good play. They could have helped themselves and our efforts greatly with some attention to detail.