Georgia Postgame

slugboy

Staff member
You should grab a Snickers...I’m guessing you’re not being serious, but I’ll bite.

You may not like the O coordinator (you are in good company here), but to say that is ridiculous. We have arguably one of the best OL coaches in the NCAA, our WRs have improved throughout the year and I think TC has done a great job with the RBs.

Tight end play is a ton better than earlier in the year. It’s not great, but it’s moved up from a tire inferno to kinda average

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
You should grab a Snickers...I’m guessing you’re not being serious, but I’ll bite.

You may not like the O coordinator (you are in good company here), but to say that is ridiculous. We have arguably one of the best OL coaches in the NCAA, our WRs have improved throughout the year and I think TC has done a great job with the RBs.
Yeah, that was a great job having 12 three and outs today and 134 yards of offense. Setting the record for punts in a game at GT is a great accolade to have. It was almost as good as the great job they did against VT.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I would have kicked. If King makes the kick, you go into half down one score. From a mental perspective, that's huge for the second half. Analytics can't quantify the mental aspect of sports.
I'm ok with that point of view too and think there's merit. I'd still have preferred to line up on 4th and 2. Add in our inability to find consistency in the FG game, I disagree with the decision even more, results aside. But ultimately I don't feel too strongly either way. Picking up 4th and 2 against the dwags was probably a coin flip like our FG kicking game.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
It appears that way from our inability to manage a clock, teach punt returners what to do, when to call a TO or not, etc. If NFL pedigree was the key to great coaching then we should have hired Whisenhunt, right?
Eggsackley. I don't know why people think that because someone played football at a high level that they can coach it at a high level. We recently chased off a HoF coach who never played college football. There is no one-on-one correlation. It takes awhile for former players to become good coaches and most of our assistants haven't had it yet. Unfortunately, those who have had the time also had such overwhelming talent to draw from that the necessary experience is evidently lacking.

Now, we'll just have to hope that a year on the Flats will bring something like a serious approach to the game on the sidelines next year.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, that was a great job having 12 three and outs today and 134 yards of offense. Setting the record for punts in a game at GT is a great accolade to have. It was almost as good as the great job they did against VT.

I hate our OC and have been vocal about it since game 1 but please take into account we have the youngest team in D1. Tech is not like the big boys. If you look at the great tech teams they are all 4th and 5th year players. You will not win at tech playing freshmen and sophmores all over the field. We never have

GT11

GT Athlete
500 yards of offense for UGA....134 for Tech. This new scheme blows. We have to find something different next year. On a positive note....Tech fans only have 3 more years to endure this. Collins is one year closer to termination unless he can prove in the next 3 that he's not inept as a HC. Reasons to be skeptical of him preseason have been borne out during the season. Skepticism increases now....Good luck coach.
But he knows how to do pushups

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
When we got inside the 10 all I could think of is what Paul would have called. Dive, dive to get around the 2 - 3, then a toss sweep. And … we score!

Ah, well. Too bad that. We would have lost using the old O too; Ugag is the better team, especially on D. But … the waste of talent this year is hard to countenance. I'll be writing something on that once I get over being depressed.

Did you forget what the old O did last year? Didn’t score a point on offense until 7 mins left in the game.

When people criticize this team by using the old regime and what “could’ve been” it doesn’t help things. There are many things to critique. Bringing up the old regime (who did nothing offensively against a worse dwag defense) just doesn’t make any sense.

Attachments

• B94932F9-0FF8-4B3E-87EB-63F43AD51E85.jpeg
    B94932F9-0FF8-4B3E-87EB-63F43AD51E85.jpeg
    332.6 KB · Views: 53

LibertyTurns

Banned
You can teach someone to do something and them still not do it. Did you pass every test from first grade through college?
It’s called repetition and should be practiced until it’s ingrained in your memory.

I did not pass every test. Had 2 quarters of the Bamboo Shaft, but passed both Static’s and Dynamics under that maniac which I’ll argue is tougher than trying to figure out whether or not to catch a punt inside the 5.

slugboy

Staff member
ibee, does the blame go to Brown for fielding it, or the PA guy who blared the music as he was about to catch the punt?

If, as a coach, you see him do anything like that in practice again, or otherwise not agree that he’s not doing that again, you play someone else for punt returns.

The first one is on the player. The second time you see something like that, it’s on the coach for letting the player do it again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

OL will get better (and less injured) next year
Our RBs are the least of my concerns on O.
WRs improved and are developing nicely
QB play HAS to improve and is the millstone around our neck

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I recommended earlier in the season the staff bring in a consultant or take some classes on football fundamentals. Hopefully they will in the off season.

Many on here brushed off little things as “inexperienced” errors on the players part. It’s just coaching 101 and we’re lacking.

Why spend needless money on consultants when we could give him much better advice for free.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
It’s called repetition and should be practiced until it’s ingrained in your memory.

I did not pass every test. Had 2 quarters of the Bamboo Shaft, but passed both Static’s and Dynamics under that maniac which I’ll argue is tougher than trying to figure out whether or not to catch a punt inside the 5.

I beg to differ. There's a reason mistakes happen at every level of football. It's such a high pressured situation. You still see grown men nfl players screw up on punts. I guess every coach they have ever had has failed them

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck

Almost as good as not scoring your first offensive point until 7 mins left in the game against them last year (when their defense wasn’t nearly as good as they are this year).

Nobody said it was good either. Dwag d was averaging giving up 10.7 ppg coming into the season. We have been bad on O all year. Not sure what you expected.

Only thing we did better last year on O was sustain a few more drives and TOP. which makes me feel even better about how hard the D played today.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
First half was great, we competed really well. The defense played solid for the most part, some dumb mental mistakes, but they were given no help in the field possession battle. The King missed FG really turned the momentum of the game, and that opening KO of the second half was truly awful, they immediately started in our territory. Our special teams as a whole were truly awful. All of this to say...PATENAUDE HAS TO GO. Yes, I know he has very little to work with in terms of offensive talent. But you don’t even give your team a chance when you’re down a couple scores, 3rd and 8, and you call a handoff. We didn’t take a single shot downfield the entire game, I’m not sure we attempted a pass over ten yards. When you’re outmatched in talent, you HAVE to take chances if you want to win! He gave us no chance. 3 turnovers, AND we recovered an onside kick, and all he could do was 7 points. We have one last drive, the guy is not even trying to score!!!! He was running the clock out, for what reason? Does he not know how embarrassing 52-7 is? We are last or close to last in nearly every offensive stat people! Can you see this guy succeeding when we get better talent? I can’t, it looks like him calling plays may be our weakness for years to come. I would be more than happy to be proven wrong, but this guy seems so conservative and so clueless, at least from my view.

Would it be unreasonable to provide him with a QB before we fire him?

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
Eggsackley. I don't know why people think that because someone played football at a high level that they can coach it at a high level. We recently chased off a HoF coach who never played college football. There is no one-on-one correlation. It takes awhile for former players to become good coaches and most of our assistants haven't had it yet. Unfortunately, those who have had the time also had such overwhelming talent to draw from that the necessary experience is evidently lacking.

Now, we'll just have to hope that a year on the Flats will bring something like a serious approach to the game on the sidelines next year.

players coaches in many of the positions handled by those former NFL have improved quite a bit as the year has gone on.

As for HOF coach - you're up in your feels. He quit - maybe because he knew.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I beg to differ. There's a reason mistakes happen at every level of football. It's such a high pressured situation. You still see grown men nfl players screw up on punts. I guess every coach they have ever had has failed them
If it was 1 or 2 things, yes. We have a systemic problem. I’m going to stop now before anyone starts crying.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
It appears that way from our inability to manage a clock, teach punt returners what to do, when to call a TO or not, etc. If NFL pedigree was the key to great coaching then we should have hired Whisenhunt, right?

lol Whisenhunt was just fires himself for anemic offense

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
OL will get better (and less injured) next year
Our RBs are the least of my concerns on O.
WRs improved and are developing nicely
QB play HAS to improve and is the millstone around our neck

Agree completely. If we can get some consistency there, we should make some strides next year. I’m excited about the WRs we’ve got in this class to add to current crop. If we hold into Gibbs, we will have some serious weapons.

Need to protect and have someone that can deliver the ball consistently.