Georgia Postgame

StingU2

Jolly Good Fellow
When we got inside the 10 all I could think of is what Paul would have called. Dive, dive to get around the 2 - 3, then a toss sweep. And … we score!

Ah, well. Too bad that. We would have lost using the old O too; Ugag is the better team, especially on D. But … the waste of talent this year is hard to countenance. I'll be writing something on that once I get over being depressed.

What talent was wasted this year?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
UGA played awful in the first half, their star running back got injured early, we won the turnover battle 3-1, and we recovered an onside kick and we still lost by 45. If we are serious about competing then our entire offensive coaching staff should be let go in the offseason.

Do you really think times like this call for humor?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
When we got inside the 10 all I could think of is what Paul would have called. Dive, dive to get around the 2 - 3, then a toss sweep. And … we score!

Ah, well. Too bad that. We would have lost using the old O too; Ugag is the better team, especially on D. But … the waste of talent this year is hard to countenance. I'll be writing something on that once I get over being depressed.

Yeah, as he so abundantly proved against ugag and in Detroit.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I hate our OC and have been vocal about it since game 1 but please take into account we have the youngest team in D1. Tech is not like the big boys. If you look at the great tech teams they are all 4th and 5th year players. You will not win at tech playing freshmen and sophmores all over the field. We never have
So if your team is young, struggling to even get a first down is acceptable on offense?

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
Georgia D one of the best in the country, but if one of us posters at the Swarm rolled into the press box at kickoff and was handed the playbook we could have gotten 150 yards like Patenaude. Unacceptable offensive coaching.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Picking nits... we shouldn't have attempted the FG in the first half, imo. My bigger issue was with lining up for the attempt, not the miss, even if we have Butker on the sidelines. We weren't going to keep Georgia from scoring on us, given our DL, and that was one of our best opportunities to get 7.

I don't disagree with you at all. It's like golf: Maybe I should've gone for it and hit 3 Wood...but that doesn't excuse me shanking my 7-iron layup!!

mj claz

Jolly Good Fellow
The talent discrepancy in this game has been alarming the last three years. This game doesn’t have anything to do with coaching. You are missing the point if you are going to gripe about a few situational coaching issues. Collins has never said he is going to re-build this program by out-coaching his counterparts. You may be skeptical about his ability to recruit at a high enough level to overhaul the roster and win with better players, but he has been pretty clear about that being the way he plans to win so let’s judge him on that.

I do agree with most that Patenaude leaves a lot to be desired. The coordinator position should be judged purely on Xs and Os and he has had some head-scratching moments even considering our talent deficit in most games. Unfortunately, I don’t think Patenaude will go. The mistake was hiring him last year. I don’t think Collins will view it as fair to fire him after this year.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
UGA played awful in the first half, their star running back got injured early, we won the turnover battle 3-1, and we recovered an onside kick and we still lost by 45. If we are serious about competing then our entire offensive coaching staff should be let go in the offseason.

The current staff isn't why we have an OL that can't block worth a damn, WRs that can't get open or make catches, subpar TE play, and have to rely on a freshman to play QB who is, unsurprisingly, is inconsistent at best.

People wanted to stick their head in the sands in the offseason when this was told to them, and now want to blame the OC instead of accepting that truth. This team lacked the talent needed, and will only improve as we get Johnson's players out of the program and new recruits in, no matter who the OC is.