Georgia Postgame

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
Most dissapointing thing? All the UGA fans with stinger seats courtesy of season ticket holders who sold their seats. Sure hope that wasn't anyone complaining in this thread. But hey, you missed what was honestly a fun first half on the flats.

Bottom line: Tech was never going to win. I'm glad we made it a game for a half. Honestly, it looked like UGA was practicing for LSU early on. In the 2nd half they came out and just ground pounded and that was that.

Their D is legit and have now given up 8 "explosive" plays all year. For the poster saying we needed to attack them deep...that hasn't worked all year. That screen pass we ran was one of those explosive plays .

4th and 2 I would have liked to have gone for it. We don't have a FG game and that's the best shot we were going to have.

For what it's worth, during the slaughter the UGA fan turned around and asked me what our QBs name was. Said that was the best looking QB he'd seen at Tech in a while.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Have read none of the above.

Saw a load of red in the stands... They were loud.

Heard that we broke a record for the most punts in a game [emoji3525]

Georgia's D is good.

Thought the o-line did okay with pass protection.

Missed some early opportunity on our 2nd play if I recall were the receiver never looked back for the ball.

Took 7(?) possessions before gaining a first down.

Clock management still needs serious work.

Was drained at the end of the game. Yes, we stayed through it all.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Explained the pooch kick. 15 yards away from where it was supposed to be.

I encourage fans to listen to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Curious, who are the 16 ATL players that would have played but were out due to injury? Everything I've seen puts us closer to 7 as Oliver and Martin played today. 6 if you don't count LJ, who was unlikely to have played. Not sure who I am missing.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
People keep bringing this up and obviously have no idea about what GSU was under Fritz or why he was chosen. He was chosen because he was the coach with the most legitimacy that ran an offense that as was close to GSU's as possible for the sole reason of making an easy transition going from FCS to FBS. If they were going to stay exactly with what they had they would have had to go with an assistant with no head coaching experience. His teams at Sam Houston already ran 2/3rds of the time, and he has continued that at Tulane, running the ball 65% of the time this year in year 4. He also already incorporated similar concepts into his offense especially since GSU was more willing to deviate from Johnson's formula even before Fritz got there. Basically he was brought in specifically so that the transition to the next level wouldn't be horrible and try to minimize the effects of switching offenses particularly because GSU didn't really want to switch offenses.

2014 isn't even the biggest transition that GSU had away from the option.

Thank you. You summed it up perfectly. By choosing the right strategy to transition away from the triple option, they were able to continue fielding a winning team, all the while having to transition to a higher division which put them a massive scholarship disadvantage.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Thank you. You summed it up perfectly. By choosing the right strategy to transition away from the triple option, they were able to continue fielding a winning team, all the while having to transition to a higher division which put them a massive scholarship disadvantage.

Because they had a completely different goal in mind with their coaching search.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Should have added that -
The weather was nice.

Our PA announcer needs help.. said the Brown made a tackle, when it was Campbell. Both of them wear #10, but obviously Brown on offense. Embarrassing...

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes, mid 20 year old, tell us all about Tech football tradition and history. Most of the people on this board were going to games while you were still ****ting on yourself.
Getting emotional doesn’t make you a better fan. Everyone else wants to beat Georgia too, we just see how high the mountain is to climb.
I was in my mid 20’s 20 years ago , I guarantee I was a fan way before most of y’all , most people on here have no clue about sports , they just have time to kill & jump on what’s popular to hate : last few years it was sewak , not it patenaude , not sure what pat has to do with this

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I would like to beat them in FB every year. But you know what. I'm glad I have 2 degrees from GT and not one from that so called school in Athens. It has set me up for a successful life.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Did anyone see Tre swilling get grab by the face mask and thrown head first in the railings. The punishment is missing half s game ? If that was 3 fans their a__ _ would have gotten handcuffed and locked up. The guy should b suspended for whole season next year if not kicked off the team.
Uga is a classless bunch of *****s , I wish nothing but the worst for them

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
We run this state. In terms of education...which is really after all what Universities are supposed to be for. So as we sit here being sad because we haven't beat Georgia since 2016 and have only won twice in the last six years...imagine if in the last 125+ years, every single year uninterrupted, you were a fan of Georgia yet you were the inferior University in the state. Year after year after year after year. No single break in the monotony. So your life's worth hinges instead on a football game. Woof Woof.
I'll take the interior education...

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
No, they had the same goal that I hope we had, to win games.

And because of that their goal on the hire was to get a proven HC that would transition least away from what they did while our was to hire a coach to improve recruiting and shore up the defense and that came at the cost of transitioning completely away from what we were doing.