Georgia Postgame

I was in my mid 20’s 20 years ago , I guarantee I was a fan way before most of y’all , most people on here have no clue about sports , they just have time to kill & jump on what’s popular to hate : last few years it was sewak , not it patenaude , not sure what pat has to do with this
Because he calls the plays, which invariably are slow to set up, resulting in long snap counts, unnecessary time outs, or delay of game calls, and he calls the plays which didn't today even capitalize on the first half turnovers that should have been followed by quick strikes. Instead he continued to call QB draws, runs off tackle, or short passes. Did you see a long downfield pass all day long? And yet that is what Graham has done so effectively in the past few games, especially against NC State. The man is a totally incompetent OC.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I was in my mid 20’s 20 years ago , I guarantee I was a fan way before most of y’all , most people on here have no clue about sports , they just have time to kill & jump on what’s popular to hate : last few years it was sewak , not it patenaude , not sure what pat has to do with this
First I have had season tickets 38 years and I know football. I know who helps a team Win or lose and it's the coordinators and assistant coaches not the head coach. Do you think Clemson and LSU would be winning as much without their coordinators and assistant coaches. I did not like Sewak and not crazy about P'nut but I would give him one more year

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I’ll take that as you can’t. Thanks!

You could still answer why any person who cared more about GT than Paul Johnson would care if it’s true or not at this point. If the recruits believe it, are buying into it, and it helps us bring in good players than why would it bother any GT fan?

Before I answer your question, I am on record as saying we need to give CGC several years to get his players in the system.

Now to answer, it's because words matter. If you are always painting everything as extreme, eventually, it gets old. Sooner or later, people expect results, and when you have a history of painting everything as overly grandiose, the trust factor goes down. I mean, Billy Mays got famous for this, but everyone knew the stuff he was selling was cheap junk packaged with a pretty bow.

Now, this is not to lump CGC in this boat yet, but the over the top persona and constant use of extremes reminds a lot of people more of an advertising executive and not a college football coach.

Vespidie

Jolly Good Fellow
Have read none of the above.

Saw a load of red in the stands... They were loud.

Heard that we broke a record for the most punts in a game [emoji3525]

Georgia's D is good.

Thought the o-line did okay with pass protection.

Missed some early opportunity on our 2nd play if I recall were the receiver never looked back for the ball.

Took 7(?) possessions before gaining a first down.

Clock management still needs serious work.

Was drained at the end of the game. Yes, we stayed through it all.

Same story all year long regarding differences in first and second halves. Out lack of depth and the physical disparity between our guys and the opposition have allowed us to remain "competitive" in the first half of most games.

Regarding the "red in the stands", you are correct. It was an abject failure of "self proclaimed" fans to make tickets available to gaggers. For the most part, they were tolerable in my area of the upper north.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
We're not running the Mike Leach spread. 62% of our plays were runs this year, a number very close to Fritz at Tulane. We were at 62% with the coaches maintaining that they were going to run their offense and not capitulate to running plays that better suited our players.
But they didn’t say this. They said they’d run a system that would be fitting for the skills we had.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Only other thing I really have to say is that since I'm out of town i was listening to the game on xm, which happen to be the uga radio call. Even their announcers talked about how much of an offensive transition this was, the walk ons, and the sheer size difference of their guys vs ours. But that Collins was on.the righh track culture wise, as Kirby preached that too
But yet we have people that still think we can compete at their level currently

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Before I answer your question, I am on record as saying we need to give CGC several years to get his players in the system.

Now to answer, it's because words matter. If you are always painting everything as extreme, eventually, it gets old. Sooner or later, people expect results, and when you have a history of painting everything as overly grandiose, the trust factor goes down. I mean, Billy Mays got famous for this, but everyone knew the stuff he was selling was cheap junk packaged with a pretty bow.

Now, this is not to lump CGC in this boat yet, but the over the top persona and constant use of extremes reminds a lot of people more of an advertising executive and not a college football coach.

Thanks Augusta, but I will still bounce it back. Tell me a bigger transition Lee.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Only other thing I really have to say is that since I'm out of town i was listening to the game on xm, which happen to be the uga radio call. Even their announcers talked about how much of an offensive transition this was, the walk ons, and the sheer size difference of their guys vs ours.
But yet we have people that still think we can compete at their level currently

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
No one here expected Collins to beat ugag today. Some think that we shouldn't have lost by an historic margin. In large part, the discussion in this thread is a reflection on the body of work over the season, not just today's game. I think you know that.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
You guys who actually believe that Collins is talking to you need to wake up. Collins has already told us he has one mission right now and that’s to improve the roster. Everything he does and says is for the consumption of 14-18 year old football players. His career is dependent on them not armchair QB’s or fans who believe they are important. Collins has one audience and that’s all that matters. The fact that you guys don’t like the money down, or juice crew or his press conferences makes no difference to the program. The players love it and they are who matter. Sorry, but none of us are as important to GT as a high school player. And seeing the stadium today it’s obvious our fan base sucks so Collins is absolutely right to ignore the fans and recruit the players.

You guys who actually believe that Collins is talking to you need to wake up. Collins has already told us he has one mission right now and that’s to improve the roster. Everything he does and says is for the consumption of 14-18 year old football players. His career is dependent on them not armchair QB’s or fans who believe they are important. Collins has one audience and that’s all that matters. The fact that you guys don’t like the money down, or juice crew or his press conferences makes no difference to the program. The players love it and they are who matter. Sorry, but none of us are as important to GT as a high school player. And seeing the stadium today it’s obvious our fan base sucks so Collins is absolutely right to ignore the fans and recruit the players.
If he doesn't listen to the fans too, then he will end up with no fans at all in the stadium.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Most dissapointing thing? All the UGA fans with stinger seats courtesy of season ticket holders who sold their seats. Sure hope that wasn't anyone complaining in this thread. But hey, you missed what was honestly a fun first half on the flats.

Bottom line: Tech was never going to win. I'm glad we made it a game for a half. Honestly, it looked like UGA was practicing for LSU early on. In the 2nd half they came out and just ground pounded and that was that.

Their D is legit and have now given up 8 "explosive" plays all year. For the poster saying we needed to attack them deep...that hasn't worked all year. That screen pass we ran was one of those explosive plays .

4th and 2 I would have liked to have gone for it. We don't have a FG game and that's the best shot we were going to have.

For what it's worth, during the slaughter the UGA fan turned around and asked me what our QBs name was. Said that was the best looking QB he'd seen at Tech in a while.

He was either stupid or drunk or both

Vespidie

Jolly Good Fellow
Still think it’s crazy to blame fans , I think all the blame is on the AA or lack therof

For what it's worth, IIRC I read something recently that GT had a $90M total budget whereas uGag is spending $80M on a new building/facility. Money talks in big time college sports....if you got it, you can buy lots of success, and if you don't, then lean times are amplified 10X and always appear much worse than they sometimes actually are.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

This is where so many people get frustrated. On one hand he's got to transform an entire roster but on the other hand he always calls our guys elite. Which is it?

And while no coach should ever pay too much attention to the fans, ignoring them completely is a surefire way to get canned in a hurry.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
For what it's worth, IIRC I read something recently that GT had a $90M total budget whereas uGag is spending $80M on a new building/facility. Money talks in big time college sports....if you got it, you can buy lots of success, and if you don't, then lean times are amplified 10X and always appear much worse than they sometimes actually are.
Right. But that doesn’t keep the Rays or A’s from competing. They just have to do it differently. We may want to consider doing likewise.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Most dissapointing thing? All the UGA fans with stinger seats courtesy of season ticket holders who sold their seats. Sure hope that wasn't anyone complaining in this thread. But hey, you missed what was honestly a fun first half on the flats.

Bottom line: Tech was never going to win. I'm glad we made it a game for a half. Honestly, it looked like UGA was practicing for LSU early on. In the 2nd half they came out and just ground pounded and that was that.

Their D is legit and have now given up 8 "explosive" plays all year. For the poster saying we needed to attack them deep...that hasn't worked all year. That screen pass we ran was one of those explosive plays .

4th and 2 I would have liked to have gone for it. We don't have a FG game and that's the best shot we were going to have.

For what it's worth, during the slaughter the UGA fan turned around and asked me what our QBs name was. Said that was the best looking QB he'd seen at Tech in a while.
Does "in a while" mean a couple of years? This time 3 years ago, JeT was running up and down the field in Athens.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Nah son. Don't blame the old coach, blame the funding, ourselves, and the AA. Be thankful the old coach was able to get what he could with such little resources.

It doesn't matter how great a recruiter we have now, we need more funding to compete. Some coaches are more equipped to do more with less, but even that is a bandaid. To be playoff level good, we need funding. Then we can talk about replacing current coaches. Fix the glaring issues first, then fix the other problems.

I don’t disagree with you at all, but right now being playoff level good seems like a fantasy. I’d settle for not getting beat by 45 points twice at home, one of those being the greatest margin of loss ever to our in-state rival, and losing to a mediocre FBS team, also at home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck

I don't understand why you keep trolling this. Obviously GCG is going to recruit. But he is clearly not ignoring the fanbase. Where were the "Solid Gold Dancers" today?