Georgia Postgame

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I’m not a college football historian, but several people, not just you continue to say this. If what you say is true, can you give an example of a bigger transition? And please don’t use our record last year as your main argument.

Also, I don’t understand why our fan base has a problem with this unless they are bigger fans of the previous coach than the school. Whether it’s true or not, if it helps us recruit better players and they buy into it, why would it bother you? If he’s still using it in year 3, than I’ll jump on board and agree it’s too much.
The answer to this is that it’s stupid to go through this unless the reward is better. It’s not unreasonable to be skeptical that it will be.

Vespidie

Jolly Good Fellow
Someone asked for an example of another transition that was similar. We provided an example, and the first response is calling people "PJ lovers," when no one brought up CPJ. That rhetorical device is old, tired, and serves as evidence that you're uncomfortable that Southern was able to transition better than Collins.

....and Georgia Southern ain't Georgia Tech. Lots of intangibles not taken into consideration, but to each his own.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Other than starting a program or what SMU had to endure please name a bigger change? If you think about it, it’s kind of true. We went from a coach who gave no thought to defense or recruiting and an offense that would throw less than 5 passes a game on many occasions. Name another team that runs in plays from the sideline every play with no two minute offense?
You are objectively wrong on every count. Try harder.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Nah son. Don't blame the old coach, blame the funding, ourselves, and the AA. Be thankful the old coach was able to get what he could with such little resources.

It doesn't matter how great a recruiter we have now, we need more funding to compete. Some coaches are more equipped to do more with less, but even that is a bandaid. To be playoff level good, we need funding. Then we can talk about replacing current coaches. Fix the glaring issues first, then fix the other problems.
Still think it’s crazy to blame fans , I think all the blame is on the AA or lack therof

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
And because of that their goal on the hire was to get a proven HC that would transition least away from what they did while our was to hire a coach to improve recruiting and shore up the defense and that came at the cost of transitioning completely away from what we were doing.
We're not running the Mike Leach spread. 62% of our plays were runs this year, a number very close to Fritz at Tulane. We were at 62% with the coaches maintaining that they were going to run their offense and not capitulate to running plays that better suited our players.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Of all the things that people have bitched and moaned about this year regarding coaching, this is the one thing that can be directly related to coaching or mismanagement.
P'nut needs to get the plays in better and stop using timeouts we may need next year. He said he likes to run a fast pace offense , good thing he doesn't want to slow it down.

Jmonty71

Banned
I foresee a lot of 1st year freshmen starting. For Collins scheme, our talent pool is pretty low. Wrong skilled players, in positions that they really aren't meant for. So, next year may be a little better, but not much.

You can talk you all you want about transition and PJ didnt recruit(which should give you a pretty good idea just how good of a coach he was). I too was ready for a change, but save me all the BS coach speak. The fact that he can sit there and talk about how we got better every game and you can see the improvement each week, you are insulting your fan base and any fan that watches these games. It's not about winning right now (I dont think there is anyone here who thought we would beat VT or UGA) but claiming to improve each week when in 2 of the last 3 games you scored 7pts and couldnt gain over 150 yards of offense is not improvement. If anything it was 1 step forward three steps back, not week to week improvement. And that is coaching. I hope I am wrong, but I never thought he was the right guy and still dont think he is. He is a glorified cheerleader.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
I am so tired of hearing about the most change in football ever...

I am OK with playing meaningful snaps with walk-ons, but cut the crap about the biggest change in football ever.

In business it was called covering your ***.

I know half of the folks on this board are cool with that, but this is not the biggest so called change in the history of college football.

It was hard to take in the stands today. The second half was miserable. Bad fits. Bad coverage. Bad special teams. And having to put up with bad Dawg fans. Somehow if feels worse than last year.

I give kudos in the first half to the defense making big plays. The offense was typical for the year. I recall in the second quarter celebrating the first first down. It is hard to tell if it is coaching or players. The offense is the worst I recall in quite a while.

I also give GCG kudos for the onside kick. Worked out well and something needed when over matched. Pooch kick to a a known stud not so much.
I agree!! Only a coach that knows his getting his *** handed to him keeps saying that , it’s just an excuse ! And the crap about how temple is so talented .. give me a break . Most all of those temple players are Rhule’s . Don’t whine or make excuses just try to win with what we have

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I supported the last coaching staff. I support this staff. However, I do not blindly support this staff. The Georgia Southern example is proof.

I cannot give a pass to the offense being ranked last in the ACC. Perhaps you can. I cannot. We can agree to disagree.

I do not see any improvement in any stat from last year.
This is exactly right. We should be supportive but not blindly deferential.

Should have added that -
The weather was nice.

Our PA announcer needs help.. said the Brown made a tackle, when it was Campbell. Both of them wear #10, but obviously Brown on offense. Embarrassing...
Pretty much everything about the Tech game-day experience is embarrassing, and this has nothing to do with Collins or the players. TStan needs to address the obvious problems we have