Georgia Postgame

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Ok, so after time to come off of the initial reaction here is my take.

1. The student section was empty 10 minutes before kickoff. I don't know how you change this, but as a relatively recent alumnus, I was very embarrassed

2. There was far too much red in the stands, and other than the TD, onside kick sequence the Tech crowd wasn't loud. There was no home field advantage.

3. D played fairly well the first half, but the lack of offensove production killed us again.

4. The onside kick was the best coaching decision Collins has made all year.

5. The Oline did better than expected, they weren't great, but #4 had some chances to do something.

7. The WR need to work on hanging onto balls, we had a number of drives stall because kids dropped balls that were in the breadbasket. My wife was making better catches at the tailgate than we were.

8. JG is frustratingly inconsistent, hopefully this improves as he matures.

9. Refs sucked, and extended some 2nd half drives for the gaggers with no-calls and timely PIs.

10. I hope Harvin is back next year, and that a kicker figures **** out and comes to play. I'm glad that their kicker is graduating.

11. Collins honey moon period is over. He needs to win recruiting battles (holding onto Gibbs would be awesome) and start coaching them up. This December and February signing days will be telling. Even more telling will be the ones next year. If he can consistently pull good classes he'll buy himself more time.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Worst lost to the mutts in...how long?

I'm glad our guys kept playing hard. They were in a tough spot all year.

...but I never thought I would be cheering for a first down. The OC coaching philosophy (whatever it is) and playcalling all season has been too much for me to take. I know...transitions are tough and we are building for a future. But I haven't seen anything that gives me confidence that there are brighter days ahead in the game day coaching department on offense. What are we building again? Can we tell yet?

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I’d say it probably is against the #4 team in the country fighting to hold onto that spot for CFP reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is this the first young team we have ever had? Because this was the worst loss in the history of the rivalry and we set a school record for punts in a game. It was also the least amount of yards UGA has given up in a game this year. This wasn’t bad, it was historically bad.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Ok, so after time to come off of the initial reaction here is my take.

1. The student section was empty 10 minutes before kickoff. I don't know how you change this, but as a relatively recent alumnus, I was very embarrassed

2. There was far too much red in the stands, and other than the TD, onside kick sequence the Tech crowd wasn't loud. There was no home field advantage.

3. D played fairly well the first half, but the lack of offensove production killed us again.

4. The onside kick was the best coaching decision Collins has made all year.

5. The Oline did better than expected, they weren't great, but #4 had some chances to do something.

7. The WR need to work on hanging onto balls, we had a number of drives stall because kids dropped balls that were in the breadbasket. My wife was making better catches at the tailgate than we were.

8. JG is frustratingly inconsistent, hopefully this improves as he matures.

9. Refs sucked, and extended some 2nd half drives for the gaggers with no-calls and timely PIs.

10. I hope Harvin is back next year, and that a kicker figures **** out and comes to play. I'm glad that their kicker is graduating.

11. Collins honey moon period is over. He needs to win recruiting battles (holding onto Gibbs would be awesome) and start coaching them up. This December and February signing days will be telling. Even more telling will be the ones next year. If he can consistently pull good classes he'll buy himself more time.

Agree wholeheartedly with #6

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Again my question is why pull Mason and put in Griffin? In the first half Mason comes out and give to Griffin for two or three yards. Second down a pass. Then you bring Mason back in.

Only reason is that as a coach you have blown off this season and are getting experience, not trying to win the game.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
I am so tired of hearing about the most change in football ever...

I am OK with playing meaningful snaps with walk-ons, but cut the crap about the biggest change in football ever.

In business it was called covering your ***.

I know half of the folks on this board are cool with that, but this is not the biggest so called change in the history of college football.

I’m not a college football historian, but several people, not just you continue to say this. If what you say is true, can you give an example of a bigger transition? And please don’t use our record last year as your main argument.

Also, I don’t understand why our fan base has a problem with this unless they are bigger fans of the previous coach than the school. Whether it’s true or not, if it helps us recruit better players and they buy into it, why would it bother you? If he’s still using it in year 3, than I’ll jump on board and agree it’s too much.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I am so tired of hearing about the most change in football ever...

I am OK with playing meaningful snaps with walk-ons, but cut the crap about the biggest change in football ever.

I know half of the folks on this board are cool with that, but this is not the biggest so called change in the history of college football.

Other than starting a program or what SMU had to endure please name a bigger change? If you think about it, it’s kind of true. We went from a coach who gave no thought to defense or recruiting and an offense that would throw less than 5 passes a game on many occasions. Name another team that runs in plays from the sideline every play with no two minute offense?

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m not a college football historian, but several people, not just you continue to say this. If what you say is true, can you give an example of a bigger transition? And please don’t use our record last year as your main argument.

Also, I don’t understand why our fan base has a problem with this unless they are bigger fans of the previous coach than the school. Whether it’s true or not, if it helps us recruit better players and they buy into it, why would it bother you? If he’s still using it in year 3, than I’ll jump on board and agree it’s too much.

Already been disproved.

So I will let you tell me why this is the biggest transition in college football.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Other than starting a program or what SMU had to endure please name a bigger change? If you think about it, it’s kind of true. We went from a coach who gave no thought to defense or recruiting and an offense that would throw less than 5 passes a game on many occasions. Name another team that runs in plays from the sideline every play with no two minute offense?
In 2014, Georgia Southern transitioned from the option to another offense in the process of moving from FCS to FBS the year after going 7-4. They went 9-3, undefeated in their conference, and almost beat our 2014 team with a team that literally featured only FCS players.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck

What does running plays in from the sideline have to do with anything?

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer

After 10 seconds thought, here is one... Ga Southern - 2014... They lose Jeff Monken and move away from the triple option - which we all know is the greatest transition in the history of football. That same year, they moved from 1-AA up to 1-A... After this monumental transition, they had a terrible year and only managed a 9-3 record...

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

So much hyperbole here...

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Already been disproved.

So I will let you tell me why this is the biggest transition in college football.

I’ll take that as you can’t. Thanks!

You could still answer why any person who cared more about GT than Paul Johnson would care if it’s true or not at this point. If the recruits believe it, are buying into it, and it helps us bring in good players than why would it bother any GT fan?

Vespidie

Jolly Good Fellow
You can call it trolls if you want. Personally I’m a little disheartened at the fan reaction. This was one of the most embarrassing losses in the history of this series. How you guys don’t have a little more anger is beyond me. Hopefully the coaches and players have a different attitude.

It’s called reality or tempering ones expectations based on the current facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

We're completely changing offenses from a rather niche one that does a lot of things that don't translate to most offenses and completely ignores aspects that almost every other offense needs, to one that shares almost nothing with it.

We're trying to rebuild the defense from a decade of bad play.

We returned one of the least amounts of production in the country.

We had an inordinate amount of injuries.

We're extremely young, including a freshman QB, our best WR being a freshman.

Our STs have terrible kickers and weak depth hurts coverage and returns.

Also, I don’t understand why our fan base has a problem with this unless they are bigger fans of the previous coach than the school.

That's exactly why people have a problem with it.