Gameday Question ?

philim01

Georgia Tech Fan
Keep me posted if you find anything that looks good, since we are both looking for same scenario. I will do same for you... Thx

philim01

Georgia Tech Fan
Ahhh, they must have sold out of tickets for UNC game already.. only offering tickets for Duke/Miami/VA. But thanks again for info.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Ahhh, they must have sold out of tickets for UNC game already.. only offering tickets for Duke/Miami/VA. But thanks again for info.

Those are all from last year. It hasn't been updated for this year. We will have to see if they even offer it this year.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Ok. Thx for intel. I know when I’ve traveled to other schools to watch games there’s sometimes an area where there’s food trucks, large grills and beer garden type of atmosphere where fans can purchase-for those who don’t pack grills and coolers-( which will be my scenario since I’m just flying in for weekend).

That's usually wreck fest. Just a little underwhelming with food option and beer.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
There seems to be an odd notion on here about needing to stay on the east side of the connector. That is all parking lot tailgating (what I call Yankee tailgating). If you go into campus, there are plenty of green spaces to tailgate, including the huge field next to the Student Center parking lot. Loads of space for folks to spread out, bring tents, play games, etc.

For the OP, there is also a service called "Tailgate Guys" that will provide everything for you. I have never done it, and it does look like you need a decent size group to make it worth it. Looks like smallest service is for up to 20 ppl for $300. But that is also located in a huge green space behind the Undergraduate Learning Center.
https://tailgateguys.com/Georgia-Tech

I will agree that it is easier to get home after the game if you park on the east side of the connector, but that isn't worth the sacrifice of tailgating in a beautiful field in the fall for hours before a game : )

There seems to be an odd notion on here about needing to stay on the east side of the connector. That is all parking lot tailgating (what I call Yankee tailgating). If you go into campus, there are plenty of green spaces to tailgate, including the huge field next to the Student Center parking lot. Loads of space for folks to spread out, bring tents, play games, etc.

For the OP, there is also a service called "Tailgate Guys" that will provide everything for you. I have never done it, and it does look like you need a decent size group to make it worth it. Looks like smallest service is for up to 20 ppl for $300. But that is also located in a huge green space behind the Undergraduate Learning Center.

I will agree that it is easier to get home after the game if you park on the east side of the connector, but that isn't worth the sacrifice of tailgating in a beautiful field in the fall for hours before a game : )
Most people like to tailgate where (or at least close to) they park, so they don't have to take stuff back and forth between a lot and a tailgate spot. Also, it is my understanding that the field next to the Student Center no longer exists, due to construction.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Most people like to tailgate where (or at least close to) they park, so they don't have to take stuff back and forth between a lot and a tailgate spot. Also, it is my understanding that the field next to the Student Center no longer exists, due to construction.
That is definitely the case. I work on campus, and that whole area (just north of the SC lot) is all fenced off—and it does not look like a short-term thing.

rfripp68

Georgia Tech Fan
I've never done it personally, but if you are looking for the least amount of effort to set up and if you don't mind spending some dough there's the Tailgate Guys that set you a tent up etc and you can get food catered through them but I don't know all the details. Maybe someone else here has done it and can chime in...more info on their website below: