Gameday Question ?

Animal02

Banned
Happy to help. So, on the map I showed above, as the circles get closer to the stadium, it gets harder to get a bunch of gear to the tailgate spot. The spot closest to the stadium is most difficult to access and I wouldn't recommend trying to set up there if you have a ton of gear. It is a great area though, and that is probably why that is where the pay-for-tailgate spots are set up.

The next closest circle is good, but only if you get a season parking pass in the lot between Bunger-Henry and Boggs.

Otherwise, the farthest one is the easiest and where I tailgate. I am including another map below. You can pull your car right up to the field and unload, then go park in the Student Rec Center parking deck (no season pass necessary). The bathrooms in the MRDC building are always open and sometimes also in the IC building. About a 15 min leisurely walk to the stadium. Lots of families out there and kids playing catch, grilling out, cornhole, etc. Real southern tailgating ; ) (Just don't take my spot! lol)

67809436_10110335702441300_5836298434239266816_n.jpg
Do they close Ferst Dr on game day? It seems like that would be a no brainer to close that to Regents and make it one way with perpendicular parking on one side....you have the green space to tailgate..........actually it would make sense to make it one pay going west and get additional parking at all times......you have the Tech Parkway to come the other direction.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
For various reasons, my cash flow is not what I would like for it to be this season. I have declined purchasing a season parking pass. Do you cheap tightwads have recommendations for cheap parking options for home games? I am considering driving to a free parking MARTA station, but it appears even that will cost me $14 for 2 Breeze cards and 2 people round trip. Are there any cheaper options?

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
For various reasons, my cash flow is not what I would like for it to be this season. I have declined purchasing a season parking pass. Do you cheap tightwads have recommendations for cheap parking options for home games? I am considering driving to a free parking MARTA station, but it appears even that will cost me $14 for 2 Breeze cards and 2 people round trip. Are there any cheaper options?
Idk if they still do a shuttle from Atlantic station, but I used to park there and take the trolley to campus on game day.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
If you don't tailgate and live on the N/S line Marta is the way to go. There is free street parking east of the interstate if you are willing to walk. Also metered spots are only $2 and hour with a 4 hour max.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I used to park in home park and walk. Not sure if you need a pass to park in there these days but people that live there have visitors...

Go to Spothero.com. They have some very reasonably priced lots in the general vicinity of the stadium. I bought passes for each game this fall, and the most expensive one (Citadel game) is $22.00 for 12 hours. I assume that is so high because maybe it's Dragon Con weekend; parking for all the other games was $5.00 or $8.00 for a 12 hour (adjustable) time frame.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
@presjacket
The Methodist church on 10th street has been $10 in recent years. Used them for several years until I started to tailgate in W21. Fills up early for big games. Long walk to GF. Not much of a tailgate spot, but they have their bathrooms available until the lot is full.

Edit to add: when you leave through Home Partk it is easy to get out when the game is over.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I have season tickets this year for the first time in...well....a long time. Never used to tailgate, just get to the game about an hour or so before kickoff. I'd like to start meeting/hanging out with some good Tech fans (even supersize...I'll wear little to no navy!) this year, as even though I bought two season tickets (my dad and I...the man that got me into Tech football as a little kid), his declining health isn't going to allow him to make it to many games....maybe just the UGA game.

Do any of you all (members here) regularly meet up anywhere before the games? If so, where, and mind if a newcomer joined? I plan on attending every home game...and went to the Clemson debacle last week. [emoji45]

I have season tickets this year for the first time in...well....a long time. Never used to tailgate, just get to the game about an hour or so before kickoff. I'd like to start meeting/hanging out with some good Tech fans (even supersize...I'll wear little to no navy!) this year, as even though I bought two season tickets (my dad and I...the man that got me into Tech football as a little kid), his declining health isn't going to allow him to make it to many games....maybe just the UGA game.

Do any of you all (members here) regularly meet up anywhere before the games? If so, where, and mind if a newcomer joined? I plan on attending every home game...and went to the Clemson debacle last week. [emoji45]
You would be more than welcome to join my little group. If you are really interested, send me a private message, and I will provide details. There are not many of us, but we all love the Jackets and would love to have you.

techman

Georgia Tech Fan
I bought a parking pass spot in a lot at Wallace & Marietta Street for my camper and pull vehicle for the 10/5 Tech vs. N. Carolina game (I'm not tailgating just traveling through w/my camper). Can someone post a pic of this lot or describe the location please? Just never parked in that area before a game.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Are you looking to tailgate or is this tailgate free parking?

There are loads of street spots for free once you get east of Myrtle St in the historic part of Midtown with all the cute craftsman and bungalow houses. It is about a mile walk to the stadium, plus it's a beautiful neighborhood to walk through. Lived there for 3+ years during my time at Tech.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Happy to help. So, on the map I showed above, as the circles get closer to the stadium, it gets harder to get a bunch of gear to the tailgate spot. The spot closest to the stadium is most difficult to access and I wouldn't recommend trying to set up there if you have a ton of gear. It is a great area though, and that is probably why that is where the pay-for-tailgate spots are set up.

The next closest circle is good, but only if you get a season parking pass in the lot between Bunger-Henry and Boggs.

Otherwise, the farthest one is the easiest and where I tailgate. I am including another map below. You can pull your car right up to the field and unload, then go park in the Student Rec Center parking deck (no season pass necessary). The bathrooms in the MRDC building are always open and sometimes also in the IC building. About a 15 min leisurely walk to the stadium. Lots of families out there and kids playing catch, grilling out, cornhole, etc. Real southern tailgating ; ) (Just don't take my spot! lol)

67809436_10110335702441300_5836298434239266816_n.jpg
The maps didn't load. Mind sending them over via message? I am interested as well!