Game Thread - Syracuse, 12/7

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
I predict we see more zone than folks expect. They struggled against our zone when they were good.

More early season BPI:

TEAM
CONF W-L BPI RK SOS RK SOR RK

NC State ACC 6-2 24 307 108
Arkansas SEC 8-0 40 320 16
Syracuse ACC 4-4 75 108 157
Georgia Tech ACC 4-2 83 110 89

/

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If we were 7-0 right now yall think we would be ranked?

We'd have wins over mid-tier 4 power conference teams if we were 7-0, so I would think so, but honestly, it would depend on how many voters would notice. Back end of the rankings are all press coverage & politics now.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think so. I don't think Arkansas is ranked right now and I think they are 7-0. Other than Elon and Nebraska, our other 4 games have been decided by about 9 points total, and I think we have trailed at the half in 4 out of 6 games.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
We didn't have any positive buzz coming into the season so I don't think even 7-0 would change that in the minds of folks who generally won't actually see us play. Might receive a few votes

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Interesting but nothing really there other than work in a positive environment. Good PR piece but no drill an ACC recruit hasn't done a million times

He may have a reason not to get into the answer or he may have just blanked on the middle of a pressor. Not a big deal either way. Just struck me as funny

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Interesting but nothing really there other than work in a positive environment. Good PR piece but no drill an ACC recruit hasn't done a million times

He may have a reason not to get into the answer or he may have just blanked on the middle of a pressor. Not a big deal either way. Just struck me as funny

I am fairly certain it has more to do with us marketing ourselves as a developmental program. Remember that has been CJP’s theme since getting here. Get old, stay old. He isn’t going to get into specific drills (that’s part of the secret sauce we sell to recruits)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I predict we see more zone than folks expect. They struggled against our zone when they were good.

More early season BPI:

TEAM
CONF W-L BPI RK SOS RK SOR RK

NC State ACC 6-2 24 307 108
Arkansas SEC 8-0 40 320 16
Syracuse ACC 4-4 75 108 157
Georgia Tech ACC 4-2 83 110 89

/
They struggle against anything this year, really. But at the risk of oversimplifying, the reason they were bad vs. zone last couple of years is because they had uber-athletic guards + Brissett who couldn't shoot nor really create. This year they at least have a back court that can shoot, but not much else. Not ACC athletic.

SoMsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Just tuned in, what's up with the foul calls. Just watch Cause with 3 pushoffs in a row, no call. And we are in foul trouble,?