Game Thread - Syracuse, 12/7

scotts

Jolly Good Fellow
Piss poor effort. Truly disgusting to watch.
Poor FT shooting, a ton of turnovers, and players who are going thru the motion. CJP may need to get his resume prepared after this game.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Burn the tape. This game sucked. It is either post exam hangover or the worst prepared team I have seen in a long time. This game was all about our lack of energy, focus, desire, etc. All the effort stats were as big of blowouts as the score. Yea our offense sucked but this was effort and defense. Giving up 100 points to anyone is inexcusable.

I thought CJP did a really bad job today - not with the X and Os which were OK - but in having a team mentally prepared and then not doing whatever he could to change the tenor of the game early on. He needed to get in some folks face, pull players who were not energized and I personally would have taken a T to both protest some hideous calls by the refs and send a message to the team. Pull the starters and put in the blue team. Specifically, I thought Philips brought some energy in the first half - he played a minute around the start of the second and then disappeared. Should have had more time.

Jose and by reputation Usher are both energy guys. I hope they bring that. We needed it desperately today.

This was either a one off, post exam hangover against a unique zone D and a team that played out their arse - or we have real issues this year. Won't know for another game or so. I can only hope CJP can get their attention and make it known this level of effort will put your arse on the bench.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I saw a lackluster game plan, but lackluster would be a compliment if I called today's effort that. There was absolutely no "want-to" and you can't blame that on Jose & Usher being out. Just an absolutely poor effort.
+1000

slow against Elon, UGA, B-C

didn’t lead against Ark until incredibly late
Today was a dud against a team we should have overpowered at home that was playing horribly.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
There’s something wrong with this team behind the scenes. It’s been piss poor effort since we won at NCST. Banks sitting for violating team rules plus his poor play. The teams **** body language most of the time and lack of effort. Something is off. You don’t get beat by 30 plus by an average Syracuse team (no offense Cuse) at home in an ACC opener.
This isn’t anything close to an NCAA tournament team. If something doesn’t change quick we’re gonna lose a lot of games in a hurry.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
This is the first thing to damage your faith? Lol
Ha-ha, Not the first, but temperament of this loss, based on our older roster, against this SYR team (which is not good regardless of near 100 pats), and a totally emotionally flat staff and Pastner and his library level volume - culture of play hard, total effort and with energy was non existent; that is a major indicator, 7 games in, that this is not a collective, committed team. Starts at the top.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Tough game, but we need to remember this is the middle of exam week... they are still students. They certainly looked that way
Disagree. Deeper issues. Hope boost of Alvarado and Usher changes culture and mindset - which is possible player will rise to peer-to-peer motivation, vs middle-aged coaches. Hope that is our saver, because don’t think it’s exams.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Burn the tape. This game sucked. It is either post exam hangover or the worst prepared team I have seen in a long time. This game was all about our lack of energy, focus, desire, etc. All the effort stats were as big of blowouts as the score. Yea our offense sucked but this was effort and defense. Giving up 100 points to anyone is inexcusable.

I thought CJP did a really bad job today - not with the X and Os which were OK - but in having a team mentally prepared and then not doing whatever he could to change the tenor of the game early on. He needed to get in some folks face, pull players who were not energized and I personally would have taken a T to both protest some hideous calls by the refs and send a message to the team. Pull the starters and put in the blue team. Specifically, I thought Philips brought some energy in the first half - he played a minute around the start of the second and then disappeared. Should have had more time.

Jose and by reputation Usher are both energy guys. I hope they bring that. We needed it desperately today.

This was either a one off, post exam hangover against a unique zone D and a team that played out their arse - or we have real issues this year. Won't know for another game or so. I can only hope CJP can get their attention and make it known this level of effort will put your arse on the bench.

The problem with this is that, while exams started on Thursday, they go through next week.

BraveandBold

Georgia Tech Fan
There are no excuses for the showing today. It’s not exams, it’s not injuries. Teams have exams. Teams have injuries. They don’t look like Tech did today.

I’ve always been hopeful that Pastner would eventually succeed. I even thought we had a chance to make the NCAA tournament this year.

I now have severe doubts. The team was shockingly unprepared. Losing Alvarado has hurt but why hasn’t he recruited sufficient depth.
o hope the team is not as discouraged as I am. It could be a long season ending with Pastners firing. I see little hope.

Get old and stay old has gotten old. Sigh.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
The problem with this is that, while exams started on Thursday, they go through next week.

Well same issue then. Probably even worse if exams are still going on. I did think the ACC tried to keep you from any league games during exams.

Deleted member 2897

We're still old even with them out.... I thought "get old stay old" was his philosophy... He's been coaching us long enough that he should have built up some depth, so I don't buy the starters out b.s.

starters out matters a lot. But not for 40 points.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
In reality the appeal is more about the other recruiting restrictions than getting tourney eligible this year. I think we keep that on the burner regardless of whether we are bubbly or not.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I’ve got some 12-year-old scotch at home. I can always come in from the bench to give one of you two a rest...

The key is can the scotch qualify as "brown liquid"? On the other hand I wouldn't waste anything that good on a **** show like today

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Ah yes. Giving our conference USA level coach an excuse. Perfect.

What ??? after all the help I tried to give you on the O/U you treat me like that? I am hurt. :(
Actually I want to get rid of as many of the other restrictions as we can to make it easier to replace the coach.