Game Thread - Syracuse, 12/7

Deleted member 2897

I will never forget the home game versus Syracuse 2 years ago where John Gillon shot an airball with like 30 minutes left in the game. And the ENTIRE rest of the game, EVERY TIME he touched the ball, the AIR BALL chant filled the arena. For 30 minutes of basketball. It was beautiful. And he didn't do CRAP the rest of the game. He finished 2/10 with 5 turnovers and we won.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This game might have a worse score than that Big East championship game between Louisville & Cincinnati.

We're missing key pieces and Fran Fraschilla said last nite that Hughes is Cuse's only ACC level player.

Don't forget the game was moved from Sunday to Saturday.

When I think of rough scores, I can only think of this game. This is the VT-Wake 0-0 regulation equivalent for basketball I feel like. UVA has gotten some people close to this kind of scoring, but they're usually division II teams not 2 ranked teams forgetting to put the basket into the hoop. 9 baskets by NC state... 9

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=401082755

Deleted member 2897

When I think of rough scores, I can only think of this game. This is the VT-Wake 0-0 regulation equivalent for basketball I feel like. UVA has gotten some people close to this kind of scoring, but they're usually division II teams not 2 ranked teams forgetting to put the basket into the hoop. 9 baskets by NC state... 9

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=401082755

If Ken Seguira had written a summary of that game as a beat writer covering Virginia Tech, he would have spoken about how ugly Virginia Tech played, only scoring 47 points. After all, Division II Chowan scored 62 points against NC State, Mount St. Mary's scored 55. Maryland Eastern Shore scored 49. UNC Asheville scored 49. Saint Peter's scored 57. Bad bad bad Virginia Tech. LOL....idiot.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I will never forget the home game versus Syracuse 2 years ago where John Gillon shot an airball with like 30 minutes left in the game. And the ENTIRE rest of the game, EVERY TIME he touched the ball, the AIR BALL chant filled the arena. For 30 minutes of basketball. It was beautiful. And he didn't do CRAP the rest of the game. He finished 2/10 with 5 turnovers and we won.

I was there and it was awesome. Thanks for the youtube link. It reminded me that we had a pretty good atmosphere in McCamish Pavilion that day. The students were great. The thriller dome can be one of the best arenas in the ACC, but its easy to forget in the lean times when its half empty... or half full of visitors. LET'S GO TECH! fans... come on out to McCamish on Saturday at noon! Please don't make me sit next to visitor fans again (literally every game this season).

I'll be pulling out my AIR BALL t-shirt for this one :)

Deleted member 2897

I was there and it was awesome. Thanks for the youtube link. It reminded me that we had a pretty good atmosphere in McCamish Pavilion that day. The students were great. The thriller dome can be one of the best arenas in the ACC, but its easy to forget in the lean times when its half empty... or half full of visitors. LET'S GO TECH! fans... come on out to McCamish on Saturday at noon! Please don't make me sit next to visitor fans again (literally every game this season).

Im out out of state and so can rarely make games. The students are ALWAYS there early, fired up, and they raz the other team, even in warmups.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Im out out of state and so can rarely make games. The students are ALWAYS there early, fired up, and they raz the other team, even in warmups.

Wednesday night against Nebraska, the students started an OFFENSE chant in response to the visitor fans DEFENSE chant, and it caught on and got pretty loud for a couple of possessions. So it was DEFENSE... OFFENSE... DEFENSE... OFFENSE. I had never heard that before. I thought it was pretty funny, but my wife thought it had a negative effect since we came up empty on both of those possessions.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

It was a great atmosphere. If John Gillon or Syracuse had played well, I think you'd have remembered a stadium nearly half full of visitors. I don't expect that tomorrow though.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I have one ticket, row 2, center court behind Tech bench if someone wants for free. Nephew got sick so he can’t go with me. Message me if interested

lauraee

Helluva Engineer

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I was fortunate enough to join a Syracuse pod and preview this matchup. Needless to say, the Syracuse faithful are not confident in this matchup at all.

I am a bit worried about Sidibe/Dolezaj/Guerrier on the offensive glass, but the Orange don’t have a whole lot outside of Hughes.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
It was a great atmosphere. If John Gillon or Syracuse had played well, I think you'd have remembered a stadium nearly half full of visitors. I don't expect that tomorrow though.

Yeah, you are probably right. In the YouTube video you can see that the student sections are full of white out t-shirts, but outside of the student sections you definitely see some orange shirts.