Game 2 Georgia State vs Georgia Tech Media

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
just an aside....
I am loving the windshield / rear view analogy he keeps using. Windshield is bigger than the rearview.... watching the rear view is a good way to get in a wreck.... we're going to look ahead and avoid getting in a wreck.

Not only is it a good analogy, I just love the safe driving angle he continues to hammer home. Wonder if our neighbors to the east appreciate the analogy...

I imagine a certain former coach(sic) ears started ringing when Key said, "I've been in a wreck before."

:sneaky:

bikeseat

GT Athlete
Yeah, we got handled by BOWLING GREEN less than a full calendar year ago. Brent Key was the head coach. Buster Faulkner was the OC. Haynes King was the QB etc. I get every year is a new year, but this is not ancient history. We have every reason to be worried until they prove otherwise. This week will show how much the program truly has grown. Last week was great, but we’ve beaten ranked teams with Key before. We still haven’t proven we can have that sustainable winning. It starts this week. Not trying to be negative, I believe they will start the sustainable winning this week, but I certainly don’t think questioning or worrying about this game is unfair.
Thank you. I was starting to feel like I was taking crazy pills for taking this position

cpf2001

Helluva Engineer
A lot of us are basing a lot of optimism on a perceived upward trajectory from the Ole Miss/BG games to UGA/FSU games.

Hopefully that doesn’t get proven wrong.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Thank you. I was starting to feel like I was taking crazy pills for taking this position

I do feel that they had a bit of inside baseball on us in that game given how they were calling plays. It was like they knew our defensive signals. Not that it wasn't something they may have just figured out in game thacker was demoted afterward.

Never have to worry about that again.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, we got handled by BOWLING GREEN less than a full calendar year ago. Brent Key was the head coach. Buster Faulkner was the OC. Haynes King was the QB etc. I get every year is a new year, but this is not ancient history. We have every reason to be worried until they prove otherwise. This week will show how much the program truly has grown. Last week was great, but we’ve beaten ranked teams with Key before. We still haven’t proven we can have that sustainable winning. It starts this week. Not trying to be negative, I believe they will start the sustainable winning this week, but I certainly don’t think questioning or worrying about this game is unfair.
The worst part was one of our LB I think talking about how they overlooked BG cause Miami was up next. Hopefully we’ve gotten rid of that mindset that we have the complacency to overlook anyone on our schedule

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
just an aside....
I am loving the windshield / rear view analogy he keeps using. Windshield is bigger than the rearview.... watching the rear view is a good way to get in a wreck.... we're going to look ahead and avoid getting in a wreck.

Not only is it a good analogy, I just love the safe driving angle he continues to hammer home. Wonder if our neighbors to the east appreciate the analogy...
Well, getting in a wreck is not always a bad thing, especially if it's "Ramblin"

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
The worst part was one of our LB I think talking about how they overlooked BG cause Miami was up next. Hopefully we’ve gotten rid of that mindset that we have the complacency to overlook anyone on our schedule
Listening to how all of the players responded in the interviews above, it’s very clear that not overlooking your next opponent is a coaching point of emphasis now. “Our next opponent is our best opponent.”

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
This year’s team has not lost to BOWLING GREEN. If you as a fan want to be worried about this year’s team playing Georgia State, that’s fine. However there’s no reason for anybody who’s actively preparing for Georgia State this week to answer questions about last year.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
This year’s team has not lost to BOWLING GREEN. If you as a fan want to be worried about this year’s team playing Georgia State, that’s fine. However there’s no reason for anybody who’s actively preparing for Georgia State this week to answer questions about last year.
Learn from the past and fail forward, that is where your vision should be locked. Next game.

TheNaturalScientist

Jolly Good Fellow
I can see both sides. I’ve probably watched the FSU game five times now and I am fully drunk on the koolaid. We look like a completely different team than the BG debacle but it did happen not too long ago with similar players and staff. We were also a bone-headed play by Miami away from not making a bowl, not to mention the flat performance against BC. I think we stomp GSU but recent history has shown us that we cannot overlook them at all.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
Thought we were focusing on GSU.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
I can see both sides. I’ve probably watched the FSU game five times now and I am fully drunk on the koolaid. We look like a completely different team than the BG debacle but it did happen not too long ago with similar players and staff. We were also a bone-headed play by Miami away from not making a bowl, not to mention the flat performance against BC. I think we stomp GSU but recent history has shown us that we cannot overlook them at all.
You're missing the point of the post you were replying to. He said it's fine to be worried about Ga. State.

And you can't be serious about "similar players and staff" after we completely turned over our defensive staff.

TheNaturalScientist

Jolly Good Fellow
You're missing the point of the post you were replying to. He said it's fine to be worried about Ga. State.

And you can't be serious about "similar players and staff" after we completely turned over our defensive staff.
The defensive staff is new but has coached 1 game at GT. I’m not going to go position by position, but pretty sure we returned 10/11 starters on offense, pretty much the same offensive coaching staff, many of the same defensive players, and the HC. So yes I am serious?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Come on guys, I mean think about what the narrative would be like if we lost those two fumbles.

Let’s win a few games before we label the team.
What would the narrative be if FSU hadn’t made 2 50+ yard field goals, gotten a free first down on 3rd & 15 after a facemask, converted on 2 4th downs, etc etc. Nobody is labeling the team, but there’s also no reason to bring up past failures that are irrelevant. Especially when our HC and team is preaching that the most important game is the next one. Let’s see what happens on Saturday before we start assuming the worst.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Come on guys, I mean think about what the narrative would be like if we lost those two fumbles.

Let’s win a few games before we label the team.
Or if they had not made two forth down conversions. You can play it both ways.

JO said it better

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
The defensive staff is new but has coached 1 game at GT. I’m not going to go position by position, but pretty sure we returned 10/11 starters on offense, pretty much the same offensive coaching staff, many of the same defensive players, and the HC. So yes I am serious?
I'm not going to argue over our respective definitions of "similar". Perhaps we can agree that it's ok to be worried about our next game?