Game 2 Georgia State vs Georgia Tech Media

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Interesting how sensitive CBK is toward talking about the past. I guess I get his point but the fans and the program suffered though 3.5 awful seasons. Being able to understand how they are not repeating those mistakes is more of a fair question than he makes it seem like
Why would he want to answer questions about teams that aren’t playing on Saturday? Nothing that has happened in the past is relevant this week.

bikeseat

GT Athlete
Why would he want to answer questions about teams that aren’t playing on Saturday? Nothing that has happened in the past is relevant this week.
I think it's perfectly relevant. Last year we couldn't win games week after week even against inferior opponents. How is it not relevant when we are in the exact same situation looking ahead toward GSU? The teams not going to suddenly implode when the AJC beat writer asks about how they are approaching this vs. last season

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it's perfectly relevant. Last year we couldn't win games week after week even against inferior opponents. How is it not relevant when we are in the exact same situation looking ahead toward GSU? The teams not going to suddenly implode when the AJC beat writer asks about how they are approaching this vs. last season
As he mentioned, if he doesn't live his message, then how can he expect the players to do the same. He expects them to treat this game as any other game and not focus on the fact that it may be a trap game so that's how he treats it. Additionally he did address the questions. He said that no one on the team forgets what happened last year, and that the team came out to practice focused and ready for the week.

ramblineck

Jolly Good Fellow
Sure it's an interesting question but 1. Last year isn't really that relevant anymore and they've obviously taken learnings from the past to get where they are which 2. Key's answer and message are all answers to this question "We were learning how to lose then how to win now learning to win consistently" and "We're focused on Georgia State"

Im not really sure why you would want him to air any laundry or give away his teachings and process. The coaching staff is clearly driving a plan that they believe in and keeping it close to the vest.

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
Interesting that Zach Gibson is not listed as the QB1.

One thing I noticed is that both of their kickers are young. That could be important if something goes south for us.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, not gonna get very far wanting to play physical style football if 1 game wipes you out
This was 2 days after the plane ride back. He's probably talking about some bumps and bruises more than big injuries. I'm sure after 4 days of recovery most of those will be back to 100%.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
just an aside....
I am loving the windshield / rear view analogy he keeps using. Windshield is bigger than the rearview.... watching the rear view is a good way to get in a wreck.... we're going to look ahead and avoid getting in a wreck.

Not only is it a good analogy, I just love the safe driving angle he continues to hammer home. Wonder if our neighbors to the east appreciate the analogy...

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
just an aside....
I am loving the windshield / rear view analogy he keeps using. Windshield is bigger than the rearview.... watching the rear view is a good way to get in a wreck.... we're going to look ahead and avoid getting in a wreck.

Not only is it a good analogy, I just love the safe driving angle he continues to hammer home. Wonder if our neighbors to the east appreciate the analogy...
Someone should call State Farm or another insurance company to get an endorsement deal going 😁

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Interesting how sensitive CBK is toward talking about the past. I guess I get his point but the fans and the program suffered though 3.5 awful seasons. Being able to understand how they are not repeating those mistakes is more of a fair question than he makes it seem like

Yeah, we got handled by BOWLING GREEN less than a full calendar year ago. Brent Key was the head coach. Buster Faulkner was the OC. Haynes King was the QB etc. I get every year is a new year, but this is not ancient history. We have every reason to be worried until they prove otherwise. This week will show how much the program truly has grown. Last week was great, but we’ve beaten ranked teams with Key before. We still haven’t proven we can have that sustainable winning. It starts this week. Not trying to be negative, I believe they will start the sustainable winning this week, but I certainly don’t think questioning or worrying about this game is unfair.

slugboy

Staff member
Interesting that Zach Gibson is not listed as the QB1.

One thing I noticed is that both of their kickers are young. That could be important if something goes south for us.

I mentioned this in another thread—that depth chart is full of the word “OR”.

Either there are a lot of “co-starters”, or that depth chart doesn’t say much.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I mentioned this in another thread—that depth chart is full of the word “OR”.

Either there are a lot of “co-starters”, or that depth chart doesn’t say much.
Beginning to sound like colleges want to disguise who they are really starting in Game 1

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, we got handled by BOWLING GREEN less than a full calendar year ago. Brent Key was the head coach. Buster Faulkner was the OC. Haynes King was the QB etc. I get every year is a new year, but this is not ancient history. We have every reason to be worried until they prove otherwise. This week will show how much the program truly has grown. Last week was great, but we’ve beaten ranked teams with Key before. We still haven’t proven we can have that sustainable winning. It starts this week. Not trying to be negative, I believe they will start the sustainable winning this week, but I certainly don’t think questioning or worrying about this game is unfair.
I think the one big difference from last year is a better defense. The one question on defense is our ability to defend the pass. FSU didn't put the ball downfield much so that part in my mind is still unknown. But clearly better than last year when we couldn't stop the run or pass.