Ga Tech Lubricant Thread

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Haven't seen any votes for my favorite bourbon and recipe...Evan Williams. Put 3 fingers of bourbon with just a splash of ginger ale and club soda in a red Solo cup. Add ice to fill just below the brim. These can be enjoyed in celebration. Or, if applied liberally, to make you think you shoulda won if not for the refs, the ACC bias against Tech or the BOR and their ridiculous calculus requirements or whatever you need to tell yourself. 4 to 6 of 'em will have you reliving the unbelievable block in the back call against Rocket Ishmael and the equally ludicrous 5th down thing with Colorado and Missouri. And cryingwhile listening to your Allman Brothers and Jamey Johnson records. You won't be up for the really good 8 PM football games that come on Saturday evening (remember we kick off at noon for the most part). At least 8 of 'em and you ain't going to be getting up for church...and your wife won't be cooking dinner for you when she gets back no matter how much you promise her you are going to be changing your ways and such so your Sunday dinner is going to be at Waffle House or at the lounge at the golf course if the weather is kind of nice and you feel like getting in 9 or 18 that day and it's going to take a 6 pack or so of Buds and a couple of pimento cheese sammiches (which, sadly, you will be making yourself no matter what you promise to get her for Christmas or the anniversary which is kinda hard to remember because, unlike Christmas, there aren't no darn commercials on TV or songs on the radio to help you remember that it is your anniversary) in the evening to sorta kind of get you ready for Monday where you can go in and grind for a week waiting 'til the next Saturday. You swear you ain't gonna drink again but you lay up another 1.75 liter of that really good bourbon (and also the mixers and the snacks) just in case the Jackets win. or lose. Cause you know they are gonna do one or the other just like they have on every fall Saturday afternoon since you were a rat. And before. You do these things because you are a fan. and somebody besides the player's moms and dads gotta care.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Haven't seen any votes for my favorite bourbon and recipe...Evan Williams. Put 3 fingers of bourbon with just a splash of ginger ale and club soda in a red Solo cup. Add ice to fill just below the brim. These can be enjoyed in celebration. Or, if applied liberally, to make you think you shoulda won if not for the refs, the ACC bias against Tech or the BOR and their ridiculous calculus requirements or whatever you need to tell yourself. 4 to 6 of 'em will have you reliving the unbelievable block in the back call against Rocket Ishmael and the equally ludicrous 5th down thing with Colorado and Missouri. And cryingwhile listening to your Allman Brothers and Jamey Johnson records. You won't be up for the really good 8 PM football games that come on Saturday evening (remember we kick off at noon for the most part). At least 8 of 'em and you ain't going to be getting up for church...and your wife won't be cooking dinner for you when she gets back no matter how much you promise her you are going to be changing your ways and such so your Sunday dinner is going to be at Waffle House or at the lounge at the golf course if the weather is kind of nice and you feel like getting in 9 or 18 that day and it's going to take a 6 pack or so of Buds and a couple of pimento cheese sammiches (which, sadly, you will be making yourself no matter what you promise to get her for Christmas or the anniversary which is kinda hard to remember because, unlike Christmas, there aren't no darn commercials on TV or songs on the radio to help you remember that it is your anniversary) in the evening to sorta kind of get you ready for Monday where you can go in and grind for a week waiting 'til the next Saturday. You swear you ain't gonna drink again but you lay up another 1.75 liter of that really good bourbon (and also the mixers and the snacks) just in case the Jackets win. or lose. Cause you know they are gonna do one or the other just like they have on every fall Saturday afternoon since you were a rat. And before. You do these things because you are a fan. and somebody besides the player's moms and dads gotta care.

I started chuckling at the first sentence and was laughing out loud by the end. Thank you, I needed that! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
4shotB, somehow I think your post is from experience... thanks, great post

When I sat in flashcards back in the day, I drank Southern Comfort, cheap and sounded good.

Now my victory beer is Wicked Weed "Freak of Nature".

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Back in the day Lemon Stinger (vodka & lemonade) was the go-to drink at BDS. They were especially good during Champagne Jam.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

Milwaukee

Banned
Depends on the sitch:

At home watching the game: water and Adderall during 1st half, Crown during 2nd
At a bar watching the game: Michelob Ultra aka Milf Water (they love it)
At BDS: Crown before kickoff, Coca-Cola in BDS

I'm a Belgian beer connoisseur but I'm not breaking those out during football.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I’d like to suggest a couple of beer names that I came up with for my home brew:

1) To Helles With Georgia (Munich Helles)

2) The Tripel Option (Belgian Tripel)

I expect royalties if they take off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you in ATL? Second Self Brewery was started by a GT guy or two about 5 years ago. Send them those suggestions. They might at least go after the Tripel...the other might not go over real well to the larger beer market.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Are you in ATL? Second Self Brewery was started by a GT guy or two about 5 years ago. Send them those suggestions. They might at least go after the Tripel...the other might not go over real well to the larger beer market.

Thanks. I’ll do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
For Beer (and I literally can't believe nobody has mentioned it yet): Pilsener Urquell. Any brewery that's been in continuous operation since 1365 is doing it right.

For Bourbon: Henry McKenna. It's inexpensive and a good Tennessee sipping whiskey. For a real bourbon: Virginia Gentleman. But …

For after the game: A gin and tonic made with Bombay Dry or (I'm not kidding) Kirkland London Dry. This last is the COSTCO house gin and it is a steal at the price.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Depends on the sitch:

At home watching the game: water and Adderall during 1st half, Crown during 2nd
At a bar watching the game: Michelob Ultra aka Milf Water (they love it)
At BDS: Crown before kickoff, Coca-Cola in BDS

I'm a Belgian beer connoisseur but I'm not breaking those out during football.
what are your favorite Belgians?