Ga Tech Lubricant Thread

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I just recently got into bourbons the last few years.

I was very fortunate to have access to some Pappy 23 a few months ago while at a steak dinner....overrated. Maybe I'm still too new to bourbons to appreciate it, but I just don't get the big deal.

Four Roses small batch seems to be my go to these days. Inexpensive for an every day drink, a hint of sweetness, goes down easy. I'll take mine with a cube of ice...let the ice melt a little before enjoying.

My fiance loves sangria. Not gonna lie, I might have a glass or three.

Will definitely try some of the ones you guys have mentioned.

I want Pappy

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have a bottle of Booker's cask strength in my cabinet, but it's a little big for anything except "by the fire" sipping after dinner. I always cut it with a bit of water, no ice. The bottles have varying degrees of ABV, but the one I have now is just under 65% (129.7 proof). The Woodford Reserve Double Oaked is nice because they did not try to do anything exotic other than age it again in another oak cask. Nice caramel flavor. 90 proof.

Jmonty71

Banned
tenor.gif
latest

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Definitely like to stick with Pinner [oskar blues] for during the games (Gold can, totally works).

+1 for Eagle Rare or Balntons (when I can get my hands on them) with a small bit of ice.

Also will do Talisker 10 with a big cube of ice as well.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I started drinking Hefeweizen recently after meeting a guy who lives in Bavaria, very close to the Erdinger brewery. Maybe one of my favorite styles now. He introduced me to a couple of other brands that I like even better than Erdinger but I can’t remember the name right now. If you’re interested, I can send them to you later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ayinger one those?