Ga Tech Lubricant Thread

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I grew up drinking sweet tea. It was not easy to change, but once I did, I found unsweetened far more refreshing.
Same here. My mom never made unsweetened tea in her life. I went to work at Bell Labs in NJ and had to make the switch. Tea sweetened at the table is just not the same. Now I cannot stand the sweetened version.

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
Folks I keep Pappy Van Winkle 15 for those wins a nice neat drink after the game....before game it’s single barrel Jack....have a couple of Elmer T Lee’s as well we need to all meet after a big win and share

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Old Scout Smooth Ambler is pretty good if you can find it. Not too expensive either. After we take down the Mutts, it's Oban 14. Neat.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
There is a huge portion of the USA that doesn't understand the concept of sweet tea.

I went most of my adult life (I'm in my 30's) not knowing that sweet tea + lemonade is known as an Arnold Palmer. I always thought it was an adult beverage. Finally had one two years ago, and with the right amount of ice, it's amazing.

The first time I ordered it in public I said "Ill take half a sweet tea with half lemonade". The 16 year old girl working at ChickFilA promptly said "...and one Arnold Palmer..."

Ahem...