FSU Post game thread

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
One thing I think he is right on. We will not have the depth of several teams we are playing. Haynes King is a crucial part of our success and he got beat up a lot in that game. I think Philo is a good QB but he doesn't have the same skill set at King in terms of speed to the outside. Injuries will be crucial moving forward. All you have to do is look back on our 2015 season and see how injuries decimated our team.
2015 was one of the worst hard luck injury seasons I’ve ever seen. I’m going to speak into existence right now that “This will NOT happen this year.”

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Regarding the “we don’t pass block well “ comments, this is from a GT tweet.
  • Georgia Tech's offensive line didn't surrender a sack for the seventh time in the last 16 games. Prior to allowing no sacks in seven of the last 16 games, the Yellow Jackets surrendered a sack in 27-of-28 games.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I didn’t say we pass block as well as we run block. I said his assessment of why our game plan was run heavy was not because we are bad at pass blocking.

You’re absolutely right that King avoids sacks quite well. He did a great job of that on one of the third down plays when, I think, their DE put a spin move on our RT and headed straight to King who got the ball out and ridiculously on target a fraction of a second before he was hit. The OL played great and has work to do to improve for sure.
Our EPA per dropback was better than our EPA per rush. The line can both pass and run block equally well and our QB can execute both really well.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Really sorry for double posting if someone already posted this video. I thought it was a pretty interesting breakdown of how we dominated the LOS on offense. I am not now nor have I ever been a football coach and I have no idea if it's accurate or not. But it was cool to see how he broke down many of our offensive plays with the theme being that we physically dominated FSU. By the way he answers the question of whether GT was more physical with a resounding yes.

57jacket

Helluva Engineer
Really sorry for double posting if someone already posted this video. I thought it was a pretty interesting breakdown of how we dominated the LOS on offense. I am not now nor have I ever been a football coach and I have no idea if it's accurate or not. But it was cool to see how he broke down many of our offensive plays with the theme being that we physically dominated FSU. By the way he answers the question of whether GT was more physical with a resounding yes.

Thanks. I really enjoy these post game analysis. Watching the game live, I don't have a clue. Ha Ha I just watch the ball.

alagold

Helluva Engineer