FSU Post game thread

devcon

Georgia Tech Fan
I noticed this for the first time on the "checks receipts" post (which BTW was one of the greatest posts ever!). I love how the combined moves by McCollum and Haynes "blocked" two players without touching them!!!

I also feel obligated to point out how smart of a football move that was by McCollum!

Great post, just wanted to correct that this is Malik Rutherford pictured. McCollum transferred to UNC after 2022.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Shanahan had a good game in front of the home fans - 2 punts for a 46.5 average (no return yards), and I think the second one might have been tipped.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
This is cool:

IMG_0095.gif

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Let’s have a little fun:

1.) We’ve already beaten the highest pre-season ranked ACC team.
2.) We don’t play Clemson this year.
3.) Our two toughest games left (on paper) do not count in ACC play(Notre Dame and UGAg)
4.) With the new Playoff system, the ACC Champion essentially gets an automatic bid

It’s not out of the realm of possibility we could get in the ACC title game with a 7-1 conference record(regardless of what happens with the Catholics and mutts). Once we’re there…regardless of who we’re playing, we’re one win away from a playoff birth.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
Let’s have a little fun:

1.) We’ve already beaten the highest pre-season ranked ACC team.
2.) We don’t play Clemson this year.
3.) Our two toughest games left (on paper) do not count in ACC play(Notre Dame and UGAg)
4.) With the new Playoff system, the ACC Champion essentially gets an automatic bid

It’s not out of the realm of possibility we could get in the ACC title game with a 7-1 conference record(regardless of what happens with the Catholics and mutts). Once we’re there…regardless of who we’re playing, we’re one win away from a playoff birth.
Or do we?

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
No idea who these guys are, but it's a fair analysis.

I thought that Brian Smith dude was full of crap, myself.
  • the reason we didn't pass as much wasn't because our pass blocking was bad it was because our coaches knew we could attack their front seven with our OL/TE/RB/QB rather than challenge their actual good players in the secondary plus that way we could make the game fewer possessions
  • He said FSU couldn't get "up" for the game. Let me say if they couldn't get up for a game against an ACC opponent to prove that they are too good for the ACC and do so on worldwide TV with no other games in competition for college football eyeballs then they have bigger problems than their QB
  • He was even condescending to the other dude on the show
He acted like he knew a lot about the sport and was the smartest guy in the room. Those people are usually NOT the smartest ones in the room.

To be fair he was impressed with Haynes King's speed and no, not everything he said was bogus. I just think he got a few really big things wrong.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
I noticed this for the first time on the "checks receipts" post (which BTW was one of the greatest posts ever!). I love how the combined moves by McCollum and Haynes "blocked" two players without touching them!!!

I also feel obligated to point out how smart of a football move that was by McCollum! He realized that if he made contact it would have almost certainly been a block on the back penalty and if not that he probably would have been called for the newer rules on the blindside block. So instead of making contact, he goated them to the sideline and then pulled up to just be in the way so Haynes had a cutback lane.
That’s Rutherford. Not McCollum