FSU Post game thread

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Just got back in the states in time to watch the game at the airport, and I was happy we had weather delays as I was just seated in the plane with 4 min left in the game and had to wait on the fuel truck. Everything lined up for me to watch our Fighting Jackets pull out the hard fought win.

I was hoping to see competitive football and they surpassed that. Now lets keep working on improving the defense, work on better accuracy from King. And keep our heads in the game. No more embarrassing losses. We needed to steel at least one game in order to go bowling and now we are in the driver seat to our post season play. Great job Coach Key and Great Job Jacket Nation

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
So much to enjoy from the game today. But one of my favorites was the exchange that happened coming back from commercial to start the fourth quarter. Tell me you aren't listening without saying you aren't listening.

GT ball. First and Goal at the 2. Going in to take the lead. Cue up the Billy Madison clip...

Katie: We're back in Dublin with Mike Norvell. Mike what do you have to do to get a goal line stand here?
CMN: Well, you know we've got to be sure that we're sustaining our drives. We've had a couple of opportunities to move the ball and gotten into positive territory. We've got to continue to capitalize. Had a few missed opportunities. They've done a good job of generating a pass rush...

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF
To be fair they shouldn’t even do those stupid interviews. The coach’s mind is completely tied up in the game and shouldn’t be subject to that nonsense.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
If I could sum up this team in a single word, it would be resilient. We got punched in the mouth on the first drive of the game. Then they pulled that cute swinging gate BS. Instead of crying in our Guinness, we proceeded to punch them back, again, and again, and again. Then in the fourth quarter, FSU tide it up after converting two 4th and longs. Did we hang our heads? Hell no! We pulled a page out of the old triple option days, and ran, literally, the clock out into field gold range, and converted the kick for the win! That’s character! You can’t teach that. Or maybe you can.😉

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The most significant personnel loss for FSU is not any of those guys they mentioned on TV. It’s the guy who bowled over our field goal team long snapper and blocked a couple kicks last time around.

57jacket

Helluva Engineer
Norvel is an arrogant pr***! Going for 2 after the 1st TD signaled his intent to run up the score. He's never been a good coach, but a helluva good recruiter. Several years ago he almost blew a game against LSU when he had the game won with a pat but went for 2 pt . My memory is failing me. Anybody remember that?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Norvel is an arrogant pr***! Going for 2 after the 1st TD signaled his intent to run up the score. He's never been a good coach, but a helluva good recruiter. Several years ago he almost blew a game against LSU when he had the game won with a pat but went for 2 pt . My memory is failing me. Anybody remember that?
At least we won’t get caught with our pants down on that play anymore.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Must be something in the water in Florida. Mario Cristobal seems to have the same arrogant tendencies.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Today's technology is absolutely amazing. The game was played in Ireland, 4000 miles across the sea. The television signal was beamed up to a satellite in space and beamed down to an antenna in the USA. The signal was distributed to licensed TV providers, and in my case, relayed to my TV and laptop computer by a cellular phone company on its cellular towers. The TV signal was then sent by my computer through cellular phone towers to a satellite transmitter which sent the signal to a Starlink satellite, and down to my son's laptop who was on a cruise with his wife's family in the North Sea near Norway.

Note: Completely legal, at least in my opinion because we both are ESPN+ subscribers.