FSU Post game thread

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
If anyone should know something about physical football and controlling the game to abrogate a talented team it would be Coach Johnson. He did it many times.
CPJ is full of class! Major congratulations to CBK, he is the man to run football at the Institute. I just wonder how far CPJ could have gone with the money and resources we have today. I feel it was a missed opportunity. Go Tech!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Front page of the AJC

1000006024.jpg

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Alot of good stuff on this thread so I won't repeat, but I'll say this from the bottom of my heart ... THANK YOU Coach Key, AD J. Batt and the entire staff and all the players for making us relevant again on the college football stage. It was said previously but the J. Batt post game comment stating "and that's where we belong" is the best think I heard all night !!
You didn't mention the most important person responsible for our rise back to prominence, President Angel Cabrera.

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
Pounced on it like the former tight end he was in high school. Funny thing about Keyland is that he was all state in two sports in high school but neither of them was football.
No doubt this was the play of the game. HK tips the ball just enough to keep it from oncoming FSU players and somehow Rutledge, with 4 noles around him, scoops it securely into his arms. Amazing play.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Dominant play at the LOS, GT was without a doubt the better team today.

FSU can “win” the transfer portal all they want, but at the end of the day your guys gotta play cohesively and with grit, which is what Brent has gotten this team to do.
Transfers are very important. We have a number of key players who are transfers. Teams need both developing HS players and transfers. Can’t ignore either.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
New comers:
Rutledge with the false start but game saver recovery with 4 noles around him

Tahj Butler looked like he had played with us for a while. Laying the wood.

Height had the unfortunate facemask but man we have missed that Edge presence. He and Van den Berg really add to our DL presence. Nice to be able to sub guys and not have a huge dropoff.

I’m sorry Chad Alexander, I was not familiar with your game. I had to double check after runs to see if it was he or Jamal. The highest compliment. I’ve been saying we need a bruiser, but two violent running small backs will work too.

Jackson Hawes. My lord. Rarely does a TE stand out like that to me. Dude was posterizing FSU defenders. I actually texted during the game about his blocking. Absolute monster.

I’m loving the new additions. Can wait to see more
All this and more. Alexander is another Jamaal. Hawes isn’t coming off the field now. Height and Butler are just football players who make plays. Efford is a sophomore and already becoming a GT legend. Rutledge likes to steal the DL’s lunch money and eats the extra ice cream in front of him. Kicking game is solid. And we haven’t shown them Blackburn yet. We won’t win them all, but no one is looking forward to playing us.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer