King2b

Jolly Good Fellow
Found a new prefix for Dwags
1000017284.jpg

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Media:
“F$U is going to run the ball at will. This was an abysmal defense last year and they have to prove they can stop the run.”

“F$U’s entire d-line will be drafted in the top 100 in the nfl draft. Tech will have a hard time running the ball in this game”.

Game Stats:
F$U: 98 yards rushing
GT: 190 yards rushing

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Remember the discussions that raged endlessly in this forum during the interim HC period and the months after the hiring was announced?

Do any of the anti-Key people even post here anymore?
Won’t say I was anti-Key but I had huge questions regarding how much of the BS belonged solely to the man who previously worked for a circus and the rest of the staff. You could tell Pee Nut was a dunce, Thacker looked clueless most of the time and Key “own the OL” plus was Asst HC.

Batt picked Key so I trusted it was the right move. Personally I was mostly sold after a couple games. Last year sealed it for me, this is the best coach we could have gotten. The big question mark after that was could he assemble a staff. He ran off the all hat and not cattle crowd. Well, who better could we have gotten than Faulkner and Santucci? We said we couldn’t get good staff here but Batt and Key delivered.

GT22

Georgia Tech Fan
I haven't read all the other posts, so if this has been said, my apologies. I hope my over exuberance doesn't cause me to eat these words.
I think this game puts Tech back in the football world and in the forefront of people's minds.
1st game of the college season
Gameday- kinda
Only game on
Played overall great football against a quality, known opponent and #10 ranked
I've read that others have said if GT can get it all together, it will rouse a sleeping giant....
Fe fi fo fum

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Nah. Let them lose another game and half their roster will opt out to 'prepare for the draft'.
I don't know about their players, but the fans were already focused on the CFP. To them, being ACC champion was the easy part of their goal.

I am not sure which players on that team are draft ready. Benson, maybe. Byers and Washington on their OL, plus a couple of DL guys. But all those guys need to show more than they did yesterday. There's not much money in being a 7th round pick. If you get pushed around by guys going pro in something other than football you need to rethink the importance of that degree.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about their players, but the fans were already focused on the CFP. To them, being ACC champion was the easy part of their goal.

I am not sure which players on that team are draft ready. Benson, maybe. Byers and Washington on their OL, plus a couple of DL guys. But all those guys need to show more than they did yesterday. There's not much money in being a 7th round pick.
Thing about the NFL is they’ll draft a 6’5” 325lb FSU DL even if they got pushed around by a puny GT OL

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I haven't read all the other posts, so if this has been said, my apologies. I hope my over exuberance doesn't cause me to eat these words.
I think this game puts Tech back in the football world and in the forefront of people's minds.
1st game of the college season
Gameday- kinda
Only game on
Played overall great football against a quality, known opponent and #10 ranked
I've read that others have said if GT can get it all together, it will rouse a sleeping giant....
Fe fi fo fum
Yes, I agree. The post game attention given to GT on ESPN and the ACCN outdid the visibility we've had over the last 5 years.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Alot of good stuff on this thread so I won't repeat, but I'll say this from the bottom of my heart ... THANK YOU Coach Key, AD J. Batt and the entire staff and all the players for making us relevant again on the college football stage. It was said previously but the J. Batt post game comment stating "and that's where we belong" is the best think I heard all night !!

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer

Hope the Alumni placed a NIL deal jar out there to gather up some additional funds while everyone was together and having a GreaT time! Seriously there could/should be a landslide of funding come in from some donors who were on the fence about writing a check and if it would/could make a difference. Darn proud to be a Yellow Jacket Fan (always have been but it’s not always been easy on the ticker!) Bust their ***! And that’s exactly what the Key Company did yesterday!