First Team Meeting Video

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
This isn’t necessarily directed at you:

I love how people are acting like, “Oh, watch out! There’s a new sheriff in town now!”

It’s like CPJ was some soft players coach or something.

These current guys are used to discipline and hard work. They’ll buy in and be fine.

Oh I totally agree. But can I say. I do believe the new asst coaches will be a more demanding than some of the past retirement age asst we had. Its the pure nature of the beast that as you get older the piss and vinegar goes away and you do get slack in areas. Its just fact. No one keeps 30 years of pure intensity. So i do think the guys may get driven a little harder now. How much? No idea. We may hear or not. Or it may be little.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
This isn't about sports specifically but any organization: people need/crave motivation to their best, so the same message over a long span of time usually leads to complacency.

I don't think "the rules" or "discipline" are radically changing, but hearing different voices and using different methods are good for any organization. It's clear that CGC and CPJ have very different styles, so let's see if on-field results are same, better or worse.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Oh I totally agree. But can I say. I do believe the new asst coaches will be a more demanding than some of the past retirement age asst we had. Its the pure nature of the beast that as you get older the piss and vinegar goes away and you do get slack in areas. Its just fact. No one keeps 30 years of pure intensity. So i do think the guys may get driven a little harder now. How much? No idea. We may hear or not. Or it may be little.

Warren Buffett would like to say "Hello", but he's probably too old to get it out. Right?

jpilgrim6

Georgia Tech Fan
Gotta wonder how the current players feel when CGC keeps pushing that we're going to start recruiting better players. Kind of a slap in the face to them, but who knows. Could be more motivation to prove themselves

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Same ones that begged for DMo to stay are now making fun of this coaching staff, lot of cornballs that really wanna see Collins fail just for the “I told you so.”
I don't think anyone wants to see a Tech coach to fail . I didn't want to see B** L**** fail. I pull for the players not a coach. Yes CGC has a different way but that don't make him better or worse than CPJ just different about how he goes at things.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Gotta wonder how the current players feel when CGC keeps pushing that we're going to start recruiting better players. Kind of a slap in the face to them, but who knows. Could be more motivation to prove themselves
Tell me, if you were ever on an average Little League team, that you wouldn't have wanted the kid who was the best pitcher or hitter in the school who signed up late to get put on your team?

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
IIWII. They know the score and that overall our talent is lower than the top schools. Doesn’t mean we can’t win but if we want to win more they need teammates who are better. I don’t want to run players off but if they will need to buy in.

GT14

Jolly Good Fellow
Warren Buffett would like to say "Hello", but he's probably too old to get it out. Right?

He's still very shrewd, but he has nowhere near the piss and vinegar in him that he used to. Read up on how he acquired Berkshire and compare that to the man you see today.

Milwaukee

Banned

I love how people are acting like, “Oh, watch out! There’s a new sheriff in town now!”

These current guys are used to discipline and hard work. They’ll buy in and be fine.

The past few years of personnel decisions defensively at the LB spot say otherwise. The fact that Swilling was not on the field every snap is a travesty. He'd be a beast already and he wouldn't have performed any worse than the crew we trotted out on Saturdays.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

I think that’s why they were WTF looks on some of the players faces. It’s also kind of a slap in the face to the previous regime. New World Order...

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The past few years of personnel decisions defensively at the LB spot say otherwise. The fact that Swilling was not on the field every snap is a travesty. He'd be a beast already and he wouldn't have performed any worse than the crew we trotted out on Saturdays.
I guess the previous coaches just wanted to lose. How many practices did you attend by the way?

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Y'all act like the " old coaching staff" just sat around and was like, ok guys lets be average. Screaming at guys in a meeting room, sounds great to fans. I get it w the media BS now in sports. Guys who played know that its a show. The work is what counts. What you do when no one is watching. I hope they are successful. I think they are motivated. Good luck.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Who thinks that or even said that though? This is another strawman I think. You and cheese both said this in the past 20 minutes, but what in the hell are you even talking about?
Just the impression I got... from reading some of the post. No direct quotes. Team meetings are normally private. I get that the new guy is trying to hype stuff.