First Team Meeting Video

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Y'all act like the " old coaching staff" just sat around and was like, ok guys lets be average. Screaming at guys in a meeting room, sounds great to fans. I get it w the media BS now in sports. Guys who played know that its a show. The work is what counts. What you do when no one is watching. I hope they are successful. I think they are motivated. Good luck.

Well said

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
Flea, as an insider and former player yourself, what do you think of the hire(s)? I value your opinion and with your inside connection I am curious what you think.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
The past few years of personnel decisions defensively at the LB spot say otherwise. The fact that Swilling was not on the field every snap is a travesty. He'd be a beast already and he wouldn't have performed any worse than the crew we trotted out on Saturdays.
Keep in mind that he was injured in a personal accident , that didn't help and it was early,in year but after that I was hoping to see more of him

Milwaukee

Banned
Actually, I am excited about the new staff and direction. However, I think all the cheesy car salesman hype and loosely veiled shots at the former staff and current players is a buzz kill.

Yea we know. You're a ball of enthusiasm about the new staff and direction. I wish a few of you would go back over to Stingtalk tbh.

Key just being the straight shooter he’s always been.
The only guy I’m excited bout is TC. The rest have a lot to prove.
And we’re likely getting their play caller. :eek:
I hope CGC does more with less better than he does with more. That was back-to-back 10 win AAC Championship talent he inherited from the previous Temple coach that just got blown out by Duke.
I hope all these “recruiters” can actually coach football.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Actually, I am excited about the new staff and direction. However, I think all the cheesy car salesman hype and loosely veiled shots at the former staff and current players is a buzz kill.

I will just have to agree to disagree with you on the hype. I love it. Nothing wrong with selling cars if you sell lots of them!

I think you are misreading things. CGC has been nothing but respectful of CPJ, but the new coach has every right to run the program his way when he takes over. Part of that is letting recruits and everyone else know that the direction and philosophy are going to be very different. Its nothing personal.

I don't think he has insulted our current players, either. All he has really says is we need more size.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer

I agree. I’m excited but some of this is a little over the top. And I’m definitely turned off with some of the back handed shots. As if the early 2000s were the only era of GT football who love GT. Things go in circles so no need to disparage anyone just because of difference in opinions. I loved the Johnson hire and I love the Collins hire. I know I’ll love the next hire as well because I support GT.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I agree. I’m excited but some of this is a little over the top. And I’m definitely turned off with some of the back handed shots. As if the early 2000s were the only era of GT football who love GT. Things go in circles so no need to disparage anyone just because of difference in opinions. I loved the Johnson hire and I love the Collins hire. I know I’ll love the next hire as well because I support GT.
LMAO!!!! HAHAHAHA

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Flea, as an insider and former player yourself, what do you think of the hire(s)? I value your opinion and with your inside connection I am curious what you think.
I hope they go 15-0. I don't really think many understand the academic challenge. Some don't think its real. Its real. Maybe with new energy but honestly w more money, GT can cast a wider net. The academic excellence is why our family decided to be Jackets. You can play football anywhere.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Yea we know. You're a ball of enthusiasm about the new staff and direction. I wish a few of you would go back over to Stingtalk tbh.

ST is not my cup of tea. There’s plenty of good posters around here to chat with. Plenty who share my take, not that it matters.

Of course I want Geoff and Co to succeed, they’re leading my school. I’m not like the guys who hated CPJ so much they wanted GT to fail. But, the hype is a little much to swallow.

It’s gonna be a long long offseason, it’ll be a long time before Geoff gets to put his money where his mouth is. Show me don’t tell me is a catchy slogan I wish was part of the hype train juice barrage or whatever you want to call it.

I do like me some Waffle House, though, just don’t do it to death and ruin it.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Alot of the same folks bashed Dabo for the same reasons years ago....

Now. Tech has a bit more challenges than clemson to get to that level. But it doesn’t mean we can’t make a jump up from where we have been.