Fire Paul johnson for Taking Tobais Oliver out of the game

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
He should be fired because our SR QB repeatedly throws short of the sticks in the middle of the field with less than 2 minutes and no timeouts.

He should be fired because our KO coverage team looked totally overmatched athletically by USF.

He should be fired because a gangly white QB that runs a 5.0 was too elusive and fast for our defense.

He SHOULD NOT be fired for putting the most electric player and probably the only homerun hitter we have in at QB when he is healthy.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
He should be fired because our SR QB repeatedly throws short of the sticks in the middle of the field with less than 2 minutes and no timeouts.

He should be fired because our KO coverage team looked totally overmatched athletically by USF.

He should be fired because a gangly white QB that runs a 5.0 was too elusive and fast for our defense.

He SHOULD NOT be fired for putting the most electric player and probably the only homerun hitter we have in at QB when he is healthy.

What does the QB’s race have to do with anything? Stupid take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
We don't need a home runner at QB who sometimes has big plays and then strikes out. We need consistent hits up the middle with this O like we saw with TO.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
If I can (and did) continue to contribute during the Curry years, the early Ross years, and the BL years, then your comment shows that you are a piss poor excuse for a fan.
Oh come on. I don't believe in this coach. So why in the hell should i donate my money to him? Hell no. That doesn't make me a bad fan. There's only one way to tell the GTAA we are fed up and that thing is called MONEY!!!!!!

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
I think this is an interesting argument. TO looked good. TM looked injured, but we needed to throw on 3rd and 9.

My pet theory with TM was that he was anointed after a "great loss" against a terrible, poorly coached UT team. I love the dude but it's a fair question whether we should play him if he is hobbled and someone else is playing well.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Plenty of others of us can say the same. Somehow, some of you guys think things are the worst ever now. You don't know bad.

My first real memories were 95/96ish. I went to games before that but don’t remember much.

CPJ has over the past 3+ years is the worst coach I’ve seen on the Flats. Two losing seasons in three years is bad. Losing to MTSU at home is bad. Going 3-9 is really bad. Looking slow and weak against a G5 school is bad.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Then, you need to keep contributing, because if CPJ does leave or gets fired, we are going to need a boat load of money ALREADY IN THE BANK to hire someone better.
Nope sorry super but you are wrong. I do not like this guy and i do not support him as our coach. He won't get one dime from my family. My Father who is a rather large donor agrees with me. We are DONE with him

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
IMO the main reason to play TO over TM is that he is a freshmen rather than a senior, and that this year our best bet for success is having an OL that can dictate the game. Called plays and double options. TM might have a better grasp of the offense but he is only in his third year at QB and he isn't a master of the offense like you'd expect. With a better D and ST you could make the argument that having his poise and seniority will be the difference but after this game I don't see it. Play TO and use TM when you want to give TO a break or a step back to coach him and watch the game some. But play for the long term because the situation we have this year isn't conducive to winning big now. I know people will scream about doing whatever you can to win now, but we have to be smarter and play for big years when we can actually have them. The difference between winning 6 pt 7 is meaningless, but getting TO experience this year could be the difference between 7 and 10 next year if the D really does adjust like people think.

My first real memories were 95/96ish. I went to games before that but don’t remember much.

CPJ has over the past 3+ years is the worst coach I’ve seen on the Flats. Two losing seasons in three years is bad. Losing to MTSU at home is bad. Going 3-9 is really bad. Looking slow and weak against a G5 school is bad.
Yes, 3-9 is bad, especially when you consider what we did the year before and the year after. But 3-9 doesn't compare to 1-9-1 and 1-10 under Curry and 1-10 under BL/GO. Even Ross went 2-9 and 3-8 in his first two seasons. To have a 3-9 season in your 9th years is worse than what Ross did in his first two seasons, but I still can't complain about 2008, 2009, 2014, and 2016.

I just received a reprimand from staff member John for inappropriate behavior on this thread. Does anyone here thing I have said anything offensive to or about any of you, or any player or coach? Yes, I have voiced disagreement with a couple of you for some things you have posted, but I certainly don't think I voiced it in any kind of inappropriate manner.

GTFLETCH

Banned
OK... So my anger has gone from they WTF why was Tobias Oliver pulled to... I don’t understand why we can’t get this defense issue solved. (I mean this was worse than Ted Roof D or at least the same).... DB still 10 yards back... and the Linebackers wow....just wow... I mean we went from a 4-3 or 4-2-5 to a 3-4... and they were no where to be found .. Same confusion over on special teams. It’s just ridiculous.... Going to be a long year!!