Fire Paul johnson for Taking Tobais Oliver out of the game

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I just received a reprimand from staff member John for inappropriate behavior on this thread. Does anyone here thing I have said anything offensive to or about any of you, or any player or coach? Yes, I have voiced disagreement with a couple of you for some things you have posted, but I certainly don't think I voiced it in any kind of inappropriate manner.
You were kind of mean to me haha jk

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I just received a reprimand from staff member John for inappropriate behavior on this thread. Does anyone here thing I have said anything offensive to or about any of you, or any player or coach? Yes, I have voiced disagreement with a couple of you for some things you have posted, but I certainly don't think I voiced it in any kind of inappropriate manner.

No, I don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope sorry super but you are wrong. I do not like this guy and i do not support him as our coach. He won't get one dime from my family. My Father who is a rather large donor agrees with me. We are DONE with him
I wish you could understand that by not continuing to contribute, and others like you, there will be NO MONEY IN THE BANK to hire anybody you would like.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
IMO the main reason to play TO over TM is that he is a freshmen rather than a senior, and that this year our best bet for success is having an OL that can dictate the game. Called plays and double options. TM might have a better grasp of the offense but he is only in his third year at QB and he isn't a master of the offense like you'd expect. With a better D and ST you could make the argument that having his poise and seniority will be the difference but after this game I don't see it. Play TO and use TM when you want to give TO a break or a step back to coach him and watch the game some. But play for the long term because the situation we have this year isn't conducive to winning big now. I know people will scream about doing whatever you can to win now, but we have to be smarter and play for big years when we can actually have them. The difference between winning 6 pt 7 is meaningless, but getting TO experience this year could be the difference between 7 and 10 next year if the D really does adjust like people think.
Two of the three best years we’ve had under CPJ came under first year starting QBs. It’s not like we’ve seen QBs progress significantly over their careers under CPJ either. Nesbitt and JT were good from the start.

I don’t see any proof that getting Oliver the experience this year, while I’m sure wouldn’t hurt, would combat the opportunity cost of having to live through his growing pains this year.

If we are 1-5 then I say do it. But too early for that call now.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
eddie1.gif

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
And I don't see any proof that Marshal's experience will make much of a difference this year.

But you just said “Getting TO experience this year could be the difference between 7 and 10 next year.” What have you seen in the 10+ years of CPJ that makes you think getting TO that experience this year would potentially swing our record by three wins next year? What makes that a more likely scenario than him getting thrown into the fire with this team and losing his confidence going forward?

I don’t think it’s as simple a decision as you’re making it out to be. And I don’t even 100% disagree with you.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
So why didn’t you donate all the money in 2014 when we were in the Orange Bowl Mr Moneybags? We could have bought out CPJ then. Or after the 2nd consecutive win at uga 2 years ago?
I did donate but I'd donate twice as much without this guy as our head coach.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
But you just said “Getting TO experience this year could be the difference between 7 and 10 next year.” What have you seen in the 10+ years of CPJ that makes you think getting TO that experience this year would potentially swing our record by three wins next year? What makes that a more likely scenario than him getting thrown into the fire with this team and losing his confidence going forward?

IMO Nesbitt was much better in year two than year one. Tevin was probably better off because he got several full games of experience his first year. And it's just basic logic that players get better with experience vs sitting on the bench. If he loses his confidence then he shouldn't be the QB going forward and we'd be better off knowing that this year than finding it out next year. I doubt it will swing things by 3 wins because I don't think our D will be worth a damn and our philosophy on offense is still flawed, but IF our defense does make a big jump, then not having a first time starting QB could make a big difference. And, if we have a real QB battle next year then having seen TO in an actual starting role will be useful.

The thing is it is about potential. There is the potential that the experience this year will help down the road. TM is all about this year, and this year I don't think he provides us much more than TO. It's not entirely his fault, but he's a senior QB with only 3 years in the system. He only has one more year of experience as a QB here than TO anyways. But 3 years less eligibility. He probably gives us a slightly better chance to win this year, but it's a chance at what? A slightly better meaningless bowl?