Fire Paul johnson for Taking Tobais Oliver out of the game

GTJeff1975

Jolly Good Fellow
Whether you like him or not I think it has been a bad idea to keep giving him extensions when his contract is not up. I don’t buy into the theory that other coaches can use that against us in recruiting. Financial impact of letting him go would limit who we could even go after.

Scubapro

Banned
We let USF beat us twice...we wont have chance versus Clemson...Turnovers, missed blocks, dropped passes, missed reads.....

Its getting sadly comical

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Because i love my Yellow Jackets so much and i really like this board all im going to say is FIRE PAUL JOHNSON. Go Jackets! Peace out guys
I feel the same way I still will go to all the home games and still send Tech money , but after today CPJ looked lost not sure it would do any good to fire him during the season maybe it would if you thought someone on the staff could be a head coach but I don't. But the way he looked today I feel he will step down after the season.

Buzz*The*Plumber

Jolly Good Fellow
I will never stop coming to games and supporting our players and our program. And the title of this thread is ridiculous. But the CPJ era needs to end now. Mid-season. Appoint an interim coach. Cut our losses. It is what it is. And what it is is unacceptable. The sooner we move in a new direction the better.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Someone put this out quick:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/9/15/17864314/paul-johnson-fire-contract-buyout

Contract is more buyout friendly than I thought:

If Georgia Tech were to fire Paul Johnson during the 2018 season, it would cost the Yellow Jackets over $2 million — a relatively friendly amount. The precise total would depend on the date of Johnson’s firing, because of the language in his contract with the school.

So if the Jackets fire Johnson before the 2019 season, he’ll be paid a prorated portion of $1 million, plus $2 million to cover 2019 and 2020. If Johnson were to have left to coach a different team, he would have owed the school $750,000.

Also, here's something I STRONGLY agree with:

The question now is what does GT actually want to be? Thanks to the incredible well of talent in the state of Georgia, Georgia Tech is something of a sleeping giant. But under Johnson, running an option system, Georgia Tech struggled to tap into an accessible well. Meanwhile, Georgia has lapped the Yellow Jackets (and every program other than Ohio State and Alabama) in recruiting within the state. While the Jackets have been in conference championship games and two Orange Bowls under Johnson in 11 seasons, two missed bowls in three seasons did not bode well for Johnson heading into 2018.

If Georgia Tech gets the right guy in to recruit the state effectively, there’s potential to raise the floor on the program considerably into something like a Stanford Of The South — a talent filled program with exceptional academics.

FrostedOrange

Jolly Good Fellow
Someone put this out quick:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/9/15/17864314/paul-johnson-fire-contract-buyout

Contract is more buyout friendly than I thought:

If Georgia Tech were to fire Paul Johnson during the 2018 season, it would cost the Yellow Jackets over $2 million — a relatively friendly amount. The precise total would depend on the date of Johnson’s firing, because of the language in his contract with the school.

So if the Jackets fire Johnson before the 2019 season, he’ll be paid a prorated portion of $1 million, plus $2 million to cover 2019 and 2020. If Johnson were to have left to coach a different team, he would have owed the school $750,000.

Also, here's something I STRONGLY agree with:

The question now is what does GT actually want to be? Thanks to the incredible well of talent in the state of Georgia, Georgia Tech is something of a sleeping giant. But under Johnson, running an option system, Georgia Tech struggled to tap into an accessible well. Meanwhile, Georgia has lapped the Yellow Jackets (and every program other than Ohio State and Alabama) in recruiting within the state. While the Jackets have been in conference championship games and two Orange Bowls under Johnson in 11 seasons, two missed bowls in three seasons did not bode well for Johnson heading into 2018.

If Georgia Tech gets the right guy in to recruit the state effectively, there’s potential to raise the floor on the program considerably into something like a Stanford Of The South — a talent filled program with exceptional academics.

Sanford of the South only happens if we expand our undergrad degrees - which I think we should do.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
It would have worked if the players blocked their assignments. No need to listen to postgame interview

It was actually that it would have worked if the guy who caught it ran where he was supposed to. Hey, at least he owned it. Of course it sounded like he was told to say that and didn't really mean it.