Fire Paul johnson for Taking Tobais Oliver out of the game

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I'm just saying y'all but what if he gets fired this week or after the Clemson game,the question to y'all is who do we go get...my options would be 1st Brent Venables turn him into a coach imo,Bret Bielemma wild card coach for us or Les miles what do y'all think of this? Everybody's opinion is needed on this!

Les Miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
If I was Todd I’m making the call. The Lions suck and I know for a fact he wants to be an OC. Well GT could have an opening. He can be HC & OC or bring in Ralph as the OC. Can’t do any worse.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
If I was Todd I’m making the call. The Lions suck and I know for a fact he wants to be an OC. Well GT could have an opening. He can be HC & OC or bring in Ralph as the OC. Can’t do any worse.

I doubt Ralph wants to coach again, last time I saw him he really didn't look all that well and he's 71 now

slugboy

Staff member
Ken Whisenhunt is an interesting thought.superbowl coaching experience plus QB experience at GT. Ok, i'm sold, let's get him started for the clemson game!

He’s an Alumnus. Why else?

He was OC for Pittsburgh. They had Bettis and Roethlisberger and a great line. He maintained the same offense that was there before him. Did OK in Arizona.

Can he recruit? Can he do something on offense or defense to bring us up a level?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
My problem with the fake punt is that Bruce should have been the runner. It's really absurd to blame a defensive end for running into the wrong hole.

We have limited athletes but do a trash job of using them. I hate the seniority and "mistake" focus; "mental mistakes" happen when the game is too fast for you. better athletes dont have to think as much because their bodies react quicker. e.g. BI is a brilliant guy. So when he jumps offside it's not for that, its because he doesn't trust his body to get it done. Same goes for "poor angles", which are just geometry for too slow.

I also got some weird vibes from parkers interview. he said nothing, but it sounded like there was a LOT he could say.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Wasn't overly impressed with the throws when it comes to accuracy and zip. A nice catch by Lynch on the one made while scrambling.

Animal02

Banned
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aj...ns-complaints/Y50AVk9dPrbIL6o012q8KM/amp.html
“You just don’t listen,” Johnson said. “You don’t pay any attention to it. I mean, the best you can. I learned a long time ago, the people who don’t like you – it doesn’t matter – you’re not going to change their mind, and if you’re winning, they just crawl under a rock somewhere or they don’t say much. And when you start losing, they all come out. That’s just the nature of the beast.”

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think what has changed more than anything across the CFB landscape is that a very few teams are getting 90% of the 5-star guys, and probably 60% of the 4-star guys. There is NO parity in CFB right now. These guys used to get more spread out amongst many more teams.

Also, I do believe that we have gone from getting higher end 3 star guys and occasional 4 star guys to "mostly" lower end 3 star guys. I don't think we are able to find "diamonds in the rough" much anymore, as CFB has become a very lucrative business. You guys think our A-backs are that great for some reason. They are not. They are little guys with decent straight line speed. They are not able to (in general) beat tacklers that are in front of them, and they get thrown around like "rag dolls" due to their small stature.

For you fans/alumni that want a change, that is fine, but if you believe there are going to be drastically better results on the field anytime soon, you are kidding yourselves. Without changing dramatically who GT is (a world-class STEM school), years like 2014 are going to be few and far between.

Can we get lucky along the way? Sure. But, ultimately, especially on the D side of the ball, it is about players, big and fast players. On the O side of the ball, it requires a special QB, and currently, I don't see one of those.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Those of you asking for Les Miles....Tech will have the death penalty within 4 years. Easier to recruit when you're paying the players.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2013/09/10/oklahoma-state-part-1-money

I for one will cancel my season tickets.

Ah, the bag men...the guys that pay athletes when they play well. I wonder if bag men ever turn on a program and pay the athletes to make bad plays. I didn’t read the whole article so please forgive me if it covered this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrostedOrange

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't agree with throwing Stansbury into this, but I don't see a problem with people organizing to support a point of view. Nothing the guy says is unreasonable, untrue, or over the top. When cpj fields years of teams that underperformed, this kind of response is to be expected.