Fire CJP + State of the Program

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You're telling me he was a prodigy under Calipari and Lute Olsen cant coach a game? I dont buy it, I think he just lost the players after all, Lammers, Tadric and Okogie were the glue of this team. These young bulls have no cohesion...

I think this is way overblown. That's the narrative but I just don't see it.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
It's a shame that I saw Chris Bosh and then a national title run that made me fall in love with GT basketball, and then we watch absolute **** for the next 15 years. Crazy that we hired Gregory, and then even crazier that we hired another guy that had been trending downward for 3-4 years. I wasn't sure about the hire from the jump, and the last 2 years has solidified it for me. I just watch other teams at this point. It is what it is. I think we made a good football hire, hopefully TStan is around and can make a good basketball hire in a couple of years, because Pastner isn't going to make it.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
Everyone called me crazy and “Ron” when I said last year that DLab was the brains of this operation. Unfortunately I wish I wasn’t right.

Mojo71

Georgia Tech Fan
Wow, I'm just finding out we lost to who? I told you CJP has to go, and he has to be fired at the end of the season or we won't get any top talent to come here! Bookem Dano!

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Wow,
I predicted 2 ACC wins maybe.We probably won't make that.
When your DEF which is your trump card fails ,you are dead.That's what you saw last night. And what if Banks had not gotten eligible? .I said that that this would be the weakest frontcourt (without Banks) in a LONG time. I've only been watching 50 yrs. The backcourt is down to Alvardo really that we can count on. What's worse no one is coming to help either.

Texwood

Jolly Good Fellow
Pastner is a dead man walking. He thought he could come to the ATL and recruit like he was at a **** school like Memphis. GT donors are nothing like Memphis donors. And the Georgia Institute of Technology is nothing like the University of Memphis. Major career miscalculation on the part of Josh Pastner and his agent....

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
Pastner is a dead man walking. He thought he could come to the ATL and recruit like he was at a **** school like Memphis. GT donors are nothing like Memphis donors. And the Georgia Institute of Technology is nothing like the University of Memphis. Major career miscalculation on the part of Josh Pastner and his agent....
Josh will be coaching GT until the 2020-2021 season at the very least no matter what happens:cigar:

scotts

Jolly Good Fellow
I am going to hold off on joining the fire CPJ bandwagon. He is playing a young team and the record would be different if Okogie was on the team. Let’s see if the young guys improve over the course of the year. If the team sucks next year and he has a poor recruiting ranking, then I will join the bandwagon. Until then I will be patient.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
He is here through next year almost regardless.
We just made a bunch of commitments to a new FB coach and (appropriately) ain't gonna spend our capital on a BB coach till then

The postgame interview didn't help his cause though

FWIW - I think Gregory is gone and Hewitt goes off the books in a couple of months.
Wth did we give him an extension ?

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Young team shouldn't be an excuse for losing to Grambling. And Wright State. And Gardner-Webb. I mean lord shows how deep we really have fallen that some people aren't even mad about these type losses anymore. I guess it's apathy but more anger for me.
Our 3rd string should win these games , I wish we would’ve hired Keats the NC State coach

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
You're telling me he was a prodigy under Calipari and Lute Olsen cant coach a game? I dont buy it, I think he just lost the players after all, Lammers, Tadric and Okogie were the glue of this team. These young bulls have no cohesion...
There’s a reason Memphis wanted him gone though

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Chill. We just played 2 games in about 15 days. Kids were in Dead Week and finals. Looked fine offensively, sucked defensively and the other team made plays when they were open. It happens.

The sky is not falling, and the predictions for ACC wins should not change.

Other than going 0-11 on 3pt shots in the second half, I guess we looked FINE OFFENSIVELY. My Azz.