Fall Camp Thread

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Y'all do know TN is starting a brand new QB, RBs and 1 of 2 WRs and has lost one of the starting tackles as well? Why the h**l is everyone freaking out? Both teams have question marks coming into 9/4, just be ready for some fun!!!!

Many are freaking out because they are having to change their perspective from one of "we are gonna roll UT" to...."this is gonna be a tough as piss game."

As @kg01 so eloquently put it. Some folks need to grow a pair. :cool:

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Many are freaking out because they are having to change their perspective from one of "we are gonna roll UT" to...."this is gonna be a tough as piss game."

As @kg01 so eloquently put it. Some folks need to grow a pair. :cool:

Ain't it the truth! Tech fans have bitched for years about playing direction U. Hell I am pumped about this game!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Benson will be OK but he does not run like Mills. He hunts for a place to run and if the hole is there he goes. If not he slides and looks and takes a loss or no gain. He has big play potential but I would rather see Howard if we need short tough yards. Benson had poor blocking in HS and he picked up habits that hopefully can be turned around with coaching. Laskey trusted his blocking and blasted the hole. Benson has not demonstrated that yet. He is however a very good pass receiver. He is just a SOPH and could develop into a really good back as he has the size, the speed, and the hands.

Very good summary of KB's curent skill set.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I seem to remember Benson setting some type of lifting record this summer. So he may be stronger than Mills. I know everyone loves the bback that just smashes it up in there, but I saw Skov and Mills miss holes because they did not have the patience or the vision to see what was unfolding. MM had that vision. Hopefully Benson will as well.

Go to this link / thread https://gtswarm.com/threads/what-the-new-gt-football-squat-record-being-set-looked-like.12453/

600LBS 3 times!

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't know. I felt like it was gonna be touch and go at best and that was before Mills was dismissed and before MJ was rusty then dinged up and not practicing.

Hopefully they can review tape of today's scrimmage, set the depth chart, and just focus on improving whatever it is the coaches decided on. We gotta come out swinging in this game. No fumbles no penalties.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Benson reminds me of Walter Payton. no, I'm not saying he's as good as Payton.
But when you watched Payton play you would think he was a little shifty scat back, but then out of nowhere he would plow through linebacker. Payton was very strong. When I saw Benson in spring I saw some of that in him.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
This from RW.com...

1. I love how CPJ is messing with everybody by not letting them print who THREW the TD pass. He did this earlier in the week, too. Lol.

2. 38 yard TD run from TM... nice

• Georgia Tech's first touchdown of the day came on a acrobatic 13-yard touchdown catch by senior wide receiver Ricky Jeune. Jeune adjusted to the back-shoulder throw, went high over a defender, hauled in the pass and kept control of the ball as he fell to the ground for the terrific touchdown reception.
  • A 38-yard run by junior quarterback TaQuon Marshall highlighted the Yellow Jackets' second touchdown drive of the day.

NorthGaJacket15

Jolly Good Fellow
This from RW.com...

1. I love how CPJ is messing with everybody by not letting them print who THREW the TD pass. He did this earlier in the week, too. Lol.

2. 38 yard TD run from TM... nice

• Georgia Tech's first touchdown of the day came on a acrobatic 13-yard touchdown catch by senior wide receiver Ricky Jeune. Jeune adjusted to the back-shoulder throw, went high over a defender, hauled in the pass and kept control of the ball as he fell to the ground for the terrific touchdown reception.
  • A 38-yard run by junior quarterback TaQuon Marshall highlighted the Yellow Jackets' second touchdown drive of the day.
In the article, it's the second time in the past week I've seen note of Kagawa recovering a fumble that was forced by a definite first team player… Could this mean Kagawa is running with the 1's?

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Football is a game of blocking and tackling. Maybe Mills is better at pass blocking than the other guys. If so, I am concerned.

Otherwise, I am more concerned about OL depth than losing Mills.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Future
wcyzgauhpy0kcofxyyrk.jpg

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I feel like 90% of the questions asked and the info coaches are giving out revolve around the offense. I haven't been able to read/watch everything and I didn't watch the scrimmage so does anyone have a quick rundown about what we know over there? We're replacing 4 guys including our best defensive player but I feel like nobody is talking about it.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This from RW.com...

As I said earlier...pretty weird EVERYONE asking CPJ questions is not asking him any Lucas Johnson questions. It's like he's Keyser Soze, or the Boogeyman. It's to the point where asking about LJ is like asking about injuries...don't do it! I know for a fact Kelly Quinlan and Ken Suguira peruse these boards, and yet no mention of LJ from the reporters in almost 2 weeks.

Pretty odd to ignore one of the QBs in the thick of it. Something is up....

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I feel like 90% of the questions asked and the info coaches are giving out revolve around the offense. I haven't been able to read/watch everything and I didn't watch the scrimmage so does anyone have a quick rundown about what we know over there? We're replacing 4 guys including our best defensive player but I feel like nobody is talking about it.

You're right, but it's natural. Everybody wants to talk about QB everywhere.

I, for one, am excited about our secondary. I HOPE our DL and LB corps are improved, but I feel like I KNOW our DBs are gonna be awesome. So much competition there. Let the cream rise!