Fall Camp Thread

Milwaukee

Banned
As I said earlier...pretty weird EVERYONE asking CPJ questions is not asking him any Lucas Johnson questions. It's like he's Keyser Soze, or the Boogeyman. It's to the point where asking about LJ is like asking about injuries...don't do it! I know for a fact Kelly Quinlan and Ken Suguira peruse these boards, and yet no mention of LJ from the reporters in almost 2 weeks.

Pretty odd to ignore one of the QBs in the thick of it. Something is up....

Keyser Soze reference. That's what's up.

Well done.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I apologize if this was in previous posts that I skimmed and CPJ post scrimmage I listened to.

Who started on DL?
Did Adams play?

As to expectations for this year, I've adjusted them down. From 9 wins (including bowl) to maybe 8. If Adams and others are still hurt on DL, that will go down to 7. Not the end of the world, no one expects us to be that good any way. But I'll still watch and enjoy (I plan to resume drinking alcohol on Labor Day after 30 days off. Needed to get the liver in shape for the season.)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I apologize if this was in previous posts that I skimmed and CPJ post scrimmage I listened to.

Who started on DL?
Did Adams play?

As to expectations for this year, I've adjusted them down. From 9 wins (including bowl) to maybe 8. If Adams and others are still hurt on DL, that will go down to 7. Not the end of the world, no one expects us to be that good any way. But I'll still watch and enjoy (I plan to resume drinking alcohol on Labor Day after 30 days off. Needed to get the liver in shape for the season.)

Sad that a featured member is planning his drinking on downward expectations.
I had planned on a little extra celebration in the coming years with the belief we could recruit and retain really special but flawed athletes. I had visions of regularly splitting w uga and miami.

At the pre game wife and I would visit w 26 ' dad - who did not sit w family. He was very proud his son could play foMiami. Too bad his family support system could not get 26 to see and live his future.

Oh well it's back to lowered long term expectaions till ...???? . I hope w beat duke and ucf . If not I will have re adjust expectation downard.

However as a true tech fan in my heart fillsd with ashes an ember of hope still burns . We do have lots of really good players. Depth is much better than in past..

elwoodgt

Jolly Good Fellow
Y'all are ridiculous.

When we say "next man up," we don't mean that Dedrick Mills wasn't a great player, or that he won't be missed, or even that we might not win fewer games. "Next man up" means that the team is bigger than any one player, even a very talented one. It means we don't make exceptions for talented troublemakers. It says to the rest of the team, the guys who have been busting their butts and doing the right thing, that they're just as important and crucial to the success of the squad as anyone else.

"Next man up" means you better be ready, cause this machine is gonna roll, together, as a team. Tennessee's not gonna know what hit em.

furant

Jolly Good Fellow
Y'all are ridiculous.

When we say "next man up," we don't mean that Dedrick Mills wasn't a great player, or that he won't be missed, or even that we might not win fewer games. "Next man up" means that the team is bigger than any one player, even a very talented one. It means we don't make exceptions for talented troublemakers. It says to the rest of the team, the guys who have been busting their butts and doing the right thing, that they're just as important and crucial to the success of the squad as anyone else.

"Next man up" means you better be ready, cause this machine is gonna roll, together, as a team. Tennessee's not gonna know what hit em.
What I don't get is how this logic and spirit is so foreign to many of our fans. Perfectly said.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
What I don't get is how this logic and spirit is so foreign to many of our fans. Perfectly said.

I think it's not as many as we might think. It's just that unfortunately those with that type of mindset are persistent in voicing their opinions. As if saying the same thing repeatedly makes it more valid. It's like they need to get their reps in or something.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
"Next man up" means that the team is bigger than any one player, even a very talented one. It means we don't make exceptions for talented troublemakers. It says to the rest of the team, the guys who have been busting their butts and doing the right thing, that they're just as important and crucial to the success of the squad as anyone else.
I think this is the most important and least considered point of the whole thing. The decision to enforce the rules even on the most impactful player on the team probably just made an important impact on the lives of 104 other players (and maybe more than that if we take fans into consideration). It communicated to them exactly what you just said and that the right thing is always most important (YES, EVEN MORE IMPORTANT THAN WORDLY/TEMPORARY SUCCESS). And, it communicated it in a way that cannot be misinterpreted, overlooked, or forgotten. My hat is off to the leaders for this difficult course of action.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow

Gotta love how half the people in the room caught on to CPJ's "Who?" When asked about Mills. Seems a lot more relaxed compared to the last couple interviews. Also sounds like Anree Saint-Amour is getting better which is great news for our pass rush. Hate that Lynch is still out though that is one position where we have a lot of depth with game experience, but hopefully we can get him back this week.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Could anyone tell what he was saying about freeman after he said saint amour is running with the 1's? Will it be Simmons and saint amour?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
St. Amour is going to be a beast for us. If he gets enough playing time then I feel that he could get 7+ sacks this year and double digit sacks next year if he stays healthy.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
St. Amour is going to be a beast for us. If he gets enough playing time then I feel that he could get 7+ sacks this year and double digit sacks next year if he stays healthy.

I've been high on ASA since we signed him. Saw him play against one of the top 5 offensive tackles in HS, and ASA ate that guy's lunch all game. He can be a difference maker for us, and we saw glimpses of it last season. I'd to see him get more snaps. I think Simmons and ASA on at the same time could be lethal.