Fall Camp Thread

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Adams looks like an action figure. Holy Cow. He is far more trim than last year.

I agree. When CPJ said Adams had lost more weight than Devine by percentage that was probably not correct by the scales, but probably based on his eye test observation like ours. Adams really looks like a stud and not just big. In fact the DL group as a whole is really physically impressive.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
CPJ said Howard has a chance to be the 2nd guy if I'm not mistaken.

IMO it is 2nd guy or RS. I would hate to see him get ST duty and little PT as a 3rd backup. A RS would give him potentially 2 years after Mills but if he is ready to split the duty with Mills now then go for it. From my limited view of him in the scrimmage he may easily be #2.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
IMO it is 2nd guy or RS. I would hate to see him get ST duty and little PT as a 3rd backup. A RS would give him potentially 2 years after Mills but if he is ready to split the duty with Mills now then go for it. From my limited view of him in the scrimmage he may easily be #2.
Yea I agree, just by the sound of CPJ and what others have said I won't be surprised if he ends up at #2.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

I think it's been said before but bears repeating: we're not likely to RS a guy who's unlikely to stay a 5th year anyway. From what I understand, we've stolen an under the radar guy in Howard who has legit next level potential. I expect him to play.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
The long term implications of a series of bb seniors leaving for NFL are ..... a good thread for offseason. If we are talking about this at end of year that would be very good.
Coach likes the pad level of dederick and howard
Just replied to someone saying he should be redshirted.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The great thing about a redshirt is that you can pull it off at any point in the season if circumstance demand it. I'd redshirt him but give him a few reps at practice and if we have an injury he's ready to go.

Bule

Jolly Good Fellow
The great thing about a redshirt is that you can pull it off at any point in the season if circumstance demand it. I'd redshirt him but give him a few reps at practice and if we have an injury he's ready to go.
Jerry ain't gonna get redshirted. I would bet a fair amount of money on it. Coach talks about him quite a bit, and he has said multiple times before that he is not red shirting a player that is capable of helping out their freshman year

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Jerry ain't gonna get redshirted. I would bet a fair amount of money on it. Coach talks about him quite a bit, and he has said multiple times before that he is not red shirting a player that is capable of helping out their freshman year
I bet he regrets playing Lasky as a freshman. We sure could've used him in 15.