Fall Camp Thread

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'm asking why it hasn't happened before now, we've been hurting at LB for a while now. Also I disagree that it would be pointless to move him this late in his career, guys get moved quite often and even at the NFL level. I'm not saying we need to do it though, I was just asking.

We did it with Tyler Marcordes late in his career and it gave him a shot at the NFL (LA Rams signed him). He was an OLB, but it was painfully obvious he didn't have the explosion or the quickness to play OLB. But he was fast and athletic, so we moved him to a rushing DE on passing downs. Worked out well for him and GT.

Synyn Days was moved how many times? Didn't play BB until his senior year and that worked out EXTREMELY well.

Desmond Branch is Junior this year, and now he's moving inside after playing DE.

It's never too late if the player has the skillset and the desire.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
We did it with Tyler Marcordes late in his career and it gave him a shot at the NFL (LA Rams signed him). He was an OLB, but it was painfully obvious he didn't have the explosion or the quickness to play OLB. But he was fast and athletic, so we moved him to a rushing DE on passing downs. Worked out well for him and GT.

Synyn Days was moved how many times? Didn't play BB until his senior year and that worked out EXTREMELY well.

Desmond Branch is Junior this year, and now he's moving inside after playing DE.

It's never too late if the player has the skillset and the desire.
If I was CTR, I would put Jalen Johnson (maybe Kaleb Oliver too) in the game to stick with opposing teams tight ends and deny them the ball. He has the size and speed to stick with them. Just a thought.

That's the reason I never read them. They usually go down after the first post.
The sad thing is those comment sections used to be fun, until one or two trolls took over and ruined it. (Does the name WnE ring a bell?). Quite a few of us who formerly posted a lot on there now post here. Thanks to the moderators here for keeping the trolls out.

incognito

Georgia Tech Fan
In a 4-2-5, (and most defenses today) each defender is responsible for 1 gap. These days its rare to have a 2 gap NG, even for 3-4 or 3-3-5. Each 'gap' is the space between each OL/TE including to the WR or sideline. Its primarily concerned with running plays, hence each gap is the space a RB/QB could run through. 'Run fit' is a related term, essentially a LB's gap responsibility can change based on his key, often a G pulling or type of block performed.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
In a 4-2-5, (and most defenses today) each defender is responsible for 1 gap. These days its rare to have a 2 gap NG, even for 3-4 or 3-3-5. Each 'gap' is the space between each OL/TE including to the WR or sideline. Its primarily concerned with running plays, hence each gap is the space a RB/QB could run through. 'Run fit' is a related term, essentially a LB's gap responsibility can change based on his key, often a G pulling or type of block performed.

Okay incognito, who are you really?

(welcome to GTSwarm)