Fall Camp Thread

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
90 better get as much PT as he can handle. In fact, he is a great case that he will be a junior next year and we will go "we hardly saw him" unless they make a big effort this year to give him 50% of the snaps.

On D; there has to be more of an effort to get more guys on the field. Jalen Johnson, Adams, these guys need to see the field. I am not particularly convinced that the guy in front of them is that much better if at all...its just...he was there already...

BTW, T Lewis...i really want him to show out. I think he can have a good year.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
You are probably right, but also remember our would be number two is hurt right now.

yes, but, even with Benson healthy, howard would still see the field imo.

Jerry is exactly like mills last year. So good, mills bumped the would be starter. Jerry is good enough...he can be 2 on his own etc...But, being a freshman it will be situational. Paul isn't going to ask him to do too much early on.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
yes, but, even with Benson healthy, howard would still see the field imo.

Jerry is exactly like mills last year. So good, mills bumped the would be starter. Jerry is good enough...he can be 2 on his own etc...But, being a freshman it will be situational. Paul isn't going to ask him to do too much early on.
No one would love to have another battering ram in the backfield than me. That's why I like MJ. I think he gives us the best chance to have the most third and shorts. Nobody loves 3rd and short more than Paul Johnson. It gives him his full playbook to play with.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
90 better get as much PT as he can handle. In fact, he is a great case that he will be a junior next year and we will go "we hardly saw him" unless they make a big effort this year to give him 50% of the snaps.

On D; there has to be more of an effort to get more guys on the field. Jalen Johnson, Adams, these guys need to see the field. I am not particularly convinced that the guy in front of them is that much better if at all...its just...he was there already....

BTW, T Lewis...i really want him to show out. I think he can have a good year.

I predict Terrell Lewis will not get much playing time because we'll stay in Nickel. Then he'll make some NFL team as UDFA.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I like Keshun Freeman alot, but i thought he should have lost his starting position last year to St. Amour. He has been MIA for two seasons now

It's crazy how hard he dropped off after a really good true freshman year. I thought we'd for sure see him on Sundays, but now I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him lose the starting job.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
It's crazy how hard he dropped off after a really good true freshman year. I thought we'd for sure see him on Sundays, but now I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him lose the starting job.
Agree, but I wonder if he will lose it because of experience and him starting for so long even if he were to get beat out by a guy with a higher upside. But I'm not a practice so idk, it just makes me wonder.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I like Keshun Freeman alot, but i thought he should have lost his starting position last year to St. Amour. He has been MIA for two seasons now

Ted Roof hinted that Freeman may not have been 100% last season. Someone asked Roof what Freeman needed to do to have a good season, and Roof said something to the effect "Stay healthy."

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know if I believe that tweet as far as it being wide open. If he hasn't picked his guy by now he knows we're wasting valuable practice time rotating 3-4 guys in with the 1s and Paul Johnson has been doing this too long to not know that. You don't go into the final week of summer without having a starter inked in to the depth chart. We're just messing with Tennessee.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
So 3 weeks ago QB was a position he was least worried about. Now he's cutting everything off. Should we be worried about the QB situation going into Labor Day night??