Fall Camp Thread

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Practice No. 9: Saturday, Aug. 12

THE FLATS -- Georgia Tech football held its first intrasquad scrimmage of the season on Saturday morning at Bobby Dodd Stadium.

Practice Details:
Georgia Tech ran 91 plays with the offense scoring five touchdowns and not committing any turnovers. Three of the four quarterbacks vying to replace three-year starter Justin Thomas under center -- junior TaQuon Marshall and redshirt freshmen Lucas Johnson and Jay Jones -- led scoring drives. Junior Matthew Jordan, the front-runner to fill the starting role entering fall camp and the Yellow Jackets' most experienced signal-caller, saw limited action in the first scrimmage of the year.

Plays of the Day:
Head coach Paul Johnson spoke highly about the play of true freshman B-back Jerry Howard following Saturday's scrimmage. Howard was on the field for three of Georgia Tech's five touchdown drives. He set up one score with a 20-yard run to the five yard line and found paydirt from three yards out later in the scrimmage.

Defensively, junior end Anree Saint-Amour was a regular presence in the offensive backfield throughout the scrimmage and notched an 11-yard sack on the final series of the morning.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Howard - #15 - looked darn good.

Truthfully I hope we can red-shirt him and that DM, KB and QW can handle the load productively this year.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If he is good enough to play as a frosh, there's a likely chance he'll be getting paid in year five.
The long term implications of a series of bb seniors leaving for NFL are ..... a good thread for offseason. If we are talking about this at end of year that would be very good.
Coach likes the pad level of dederick and howard

Bule

Jolly Good Fellow
As everyone else has said, Howard looked great. He looked like a seasoned college veteran out there both physically and with his performance on the field. I don't see how they are going to redshirt him this year, we will not miss MM being gone at all from what I have seen at this stage.