Fall Camp Post Practice

GT99

Georgia Tech Fan
Most FBS HCs are process oriented. CPJ was incredibly process oriented as well. The difference is in how the individual process the HCs put into place. What separates successful HC from also rans is how well they leverage available resources to translate their process into on the field success. This is where I see the value in CGC. While CPJ could "make more with less," CGC is "I'll get more to do more by building and generating brand and buzz." When HCs get the resources to hire quality assistants and proven recruiters, you can build on field success. CGC convinced TStan he had to hire more than just a HC and we are seeing the results already. CGC is starting out on the right foot, and I am excited to see where we will be in a few more years.

I would agree that most HCs are process oriented, but oftentimes people don't apply process in a lot of areas, and there is a difference between being process oriented and being fanatical about applying process to maximize efficiency. From talking to a HS coach who met with our current staff, I know they were very unhappy with the lack of process around recruiting from the old staff. That's not a shot at CPJ - I was a fan of his and was disappointed when he resigned. But I'm also not terribly surprised. CPJ also pretty clearly didn't have defined process around branding and marketing. CGC seems to be fanatical about maximizing efficiency everywhere (one of the most obvious areas are in how he runs practices), to a degree I think is uncommon.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Jerry, I think the only OL shoutout I’ve seen this fall on social media was for William Lay

Center is a strange situation. Cooper was moved early to guard and Lee to D and a rotational group was used in the Spring Game. Last Saturday at least 5 centers were used including a majority of walk-ons which included Lay. Under Collins I have seen at center S Morgan and walk-ons Lagod, Aycock, Lay, and Minihan. And of course Lee and Cooper can snap. My surprise is not seeing more of C Hansen somewhere with the 1s. I am also curious about the progress of Clark, Maye, Minihan, and A Smith and walk-ons in the system a while such as Gibbs, , Lagod, and Lay.

In the one on one drills on Saturday the only player to consistently block in pass pro was Southers. Others had their moments +/-. I assume that after this week the Scout Team will be determined and the OL and especially the center position will be more clear.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Center is a strange situation. Cooper was moved early to guard and Lee to D and a rotational group was used in the Spring Game. Last Saturday at least 5 centers were used including a majority of walk-ons which included Lay. Under Collins I have seen at center S Morgan and walk-ons Lagod, Aycock, Lay, and Minihan. And of course Lee and Cooper can snap. My surprise is not seeing more of C Hansen somewhere with the 1s. I am also curious about the progress of Clark, Maye, Minihan, and A Smith and walk-ons in the system a while such as Gibbs, , Lagod, and Lay.

In the one on one drills on Saturday the only player to consistently block in pass pro was Southers. Others had their moments +/-. I assume that after this week the Scout Team will be determined and the OL and especially the center position will be more clear.
Maye was one of the team captains for the spring game fwiw

bubbabud

Georgia Tech Fan

SHEEEEEESH

For those of you looking for context on how fast this actually is...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ed-23-mph-had-two-fastest-runs-of-nfl-season/

Hill reached a top speed of 23.24 miles per hour on a Week Two kickoff return that he ran back 105 yards, only to have it called back by a holding penalty. That was the only time all season any player reached 23 mph. Hill also had the second-fastest run of the season, an 86-yard touchdown return in Week 12.

The fastest speed reached by a player not named Tyreek Hill was achieved by Washington receiver DeSean Jackson, who topped out at 22.6 miles an hour on a 59-yard catch in Week 13. The fastest defensive play was made by Vikings cornerback Xavier Rhodes, who reached 22.4 miles an hour on a 100-yard interception return touchdown in Week 11.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
For those of you looking for context on how fast this actually is...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ed-23-mph-had-two-fastest-runs-of-nfl-season/

I think they were in shells vs. full pads, so probably slightly faster than they would be game time.

I'm not sure how we stole Brown, but I think he's going to be a star for us sooner rather than later.

I'm also thinking about the momentum on Tariq. I don't think we've had a safety pair like this since James Butler and Dawan Landry.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
I think they were in shells vs. full pads, so probably slightly faster than they would be game time.

I'm not sure how we stole Brown, but I think he's going to be a star for us sooner rather than later.

I'm also thinking about the momentum on Tariq. I don't think we've had a safety pair like this since James Butler and Dawan Landry.

DpQ9YJl.png
.... they were in full pads.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
My surprise is not seeing more of C Hansen somewhere with the 1s.
I was hoping that as well. I've read that he was injured in the spring and perhaps that is still the problem. You can't compete if you are hurt.

If he's healthy, I think Cooper goes back to center and he steps in at guard; there's nobody on the OL that hits harder. We'll see. I'd hate to loose him for the season, however.