Duke postgame

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I keep seeing words like sloppy and sluggish. It may have felt sluggish because we slowed to pace waaay down a few times. 74% completions, 5 ypc, 245 on the ground, zero turnovers, doubled their TOP…I mean Malik Murphy barely broke a sweat. Defense allowed 274 and 14 points, some of the penalties were bogus. If that’s sloppy, sign me up because those stats win most games.

I will say when we get in 3rd and short, we sh*t the bed most times and are real predictable.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Anyone writing off UNC is nuts because we’ve seen our defense struggle every game where the other team has a passing QB. The Duke QB was horrible tonight yet they still had a lead in the 2nd half. The UNC game will be a track meet. I expect us to win but I’m also not expecting them to rollover. I also expected us to win at Syracuse and we stunk it up.
Nobody should take that game for granted. ACC road games are hard, doesn’t matter if you’re in Palo Alto, Berkeley, or Death Valley. Just ask Miami.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Can we please start throwing the ball down the field? Glad we won but damn it hard watching us run QB draws and wr screens 50% of the plays
I don't understand. The wide receiver screen is one of our most consistent and successful plays and you want us to stop calling that play so much? Would you also prefer that we stop scoring touchdowns?

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I keep seeing words like sloppy and sluggish. It may have felt sluggish because we slowed to pace waaay down a few times. 74% completions, 5 ypc, 245 on the ground, zero turnovers, doubled their TOP…I mean Malik Murphy barely broke a sweat. Defense allowed 274 and 14 points, some of the penalties were bogus. If that’s sloppy, sign me up because those stats win most games.

I will say when we get in 3rd and short, we sh*t the bed most times and are real predictable.
Here is why I say sluggish. Between 6 minutes left in the first quarter to 11 minutes left in the 4th quarter, we had more punts than points. We were also pretty fortunate to get a roughing the passer call to allow us to score our last TD. They had one drive that ended deep in our territory because their RB just fell down, and they missed an easy FG on another drive. It just wasn't a very clean game. Good result but the road there was rocky.