Duke postgame

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

Almost 40 minutes off time of possession. Wow.

Team Stats​

Duke Blue Devils
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
1st Downs1525
3rd down efficiency3-117-16
4th down efficiency1-23-3
Total Yards279412
Passing205167
Comp/Att18/3123/31
Yards per pass6.65.4
Interceptions thrown10
Rushing74245
Rushing Attempts2049
Yards per rush3.75.0
Penalties7-555-45
Turnovers10
Fumbles lost00
Interceptions thrown10
Possession20:3339:27

Fourth quarter was huge.
If you have the ball for 19 minutes longer than your opponent...you are probably going to win a lot of games. Duke ran up and down the field against UNC but could not do that against Tech. Their quarterback was a pretty good 18 of 31 but he is not the kind of player that can put a team on his back and carry them. To be effective, Duke has to run the ball some and could not do it tonight. Jamal looked like his old self and the offensive line looked better against a pretty good defense.

57jacket

Helluva Engineer
Good win. Duke is a good football team. They got some excellent players through the portal, and are really well coached. Their plan of not allowing King to run, essentially spying on him really caused us problems, since that is a staple of our O. But Buster adjusted his play calling. Give me 2 more wins please.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
There is a reason that Duke didn't receive any votes in the AP poll even though they were undefeated. There is a reason we were 9.5 point favorites. Ill leave it at that. On a day where Bama and Tenn went down though, im glad we dodged an ugly upset.
Good call
Im sure that Michigan and Ohio state will be quick to point out that 6-0 Indiana is a paper tiger. Let’s do our part as well and make sure everyone knows that Duke is a fraud.
It’s a good win. Get over it.
Yes, there is more work to do but let’s not pretend nothing has been achieved.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
The win is nice. But none of us really know what we are. We’ve lost to the 2 best teams we’ve played. And we went about 2 hours between touchdowns tonight. Gonna be interesting to see how the next 6 games finish out. UNC will put up a lot of points so it’s another Louisville scenario where we’ll have to outscore them.
Before anyone claims otherwise, UNC is terrible. We should win that game. The three after that will certainly be a test, and we will likely be underdogs in each of them. It would be nice to grab one of those. If not, we will be looking at NC State as our must win game.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Sluggish win against a bad team, but a wins a win. Good to see Jamal finding his stride again.
A bad team? A 5-0 record for a team like Duke is pretty good. I was impressed with their defense against North Carolina and the way that they ran the ball against North Carolina. I will concede that Duke has been fortunate with an easy schedule but they are not a bad team in my estimation. College Football News had them ranked #40 in their rankings while we were 60 something YET they picked us to beat Duke. So there is that. We will see how they do in the coming weeks. Manny has done an admirable job with this team.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Before anyone claims otherwise, UNC is terrible. We should win that game. The three after that will certainly be a test, and we will likely be underdogs in each of them. It would be nice to grab one of those. If not, we will be looking at NC State as our must win game.
UNC has talent. They always have talent and the running back is a fine player but this team got shut down by Duke in the second half last week. Carolina looks like a team ready to mail it in the rest of the season. We will see.

cpf2001

Helluva Engineer
Same story as the two losses, lots of self-inflicted pain points.

But at least we learned the answer to the question “can this team beat Duke without being perfect” and covered too.

Also that end of half sequence giving Duke that first tD was a joke all around and if not for that it’s probably never close.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
UNC has talent. They always have talent and the running back is a fine player but this team got shut down by Duke in the second half last week. Carolina looks like a team ready to mail it in the rest of the season. We will see.

Yeah, UNC is looking real FSU-ey.

They have the talent to beat us. But if we make them face any adversity, most of them'll probably start looking for soft places to lie down.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Anyone writing off UNC is nuts because we’ve seen our defense struggle every game where the other team has a passing QB. The Duke QB was horrible tonight yet they still had a lead in the 2nd half. The UNC game will be a track meet. I expect us to win but I’m also not expecting them to rollover. I also expected us to win at Syracuse and we stunk it up.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
I won’t gloat, because I will be the first to admit that we have plenty to work on. However, to those of those that are negative Nancie’s and wanted to crown dook the dynasty of the ACC for beating absolutely nobody, I will take your apology graciously.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
After thinking about the offense today, maybe we were trying to accomplish 2 things.
1) negate Duke’s DL and pass rush by getting the ball out super quick and trying to play ahead of the sticks. Not taking sacks or big losses allowed us to control the ball and the clock

2) Give Geoff and UNC a ton of film on underneath throws, because we all know Geoff’s secondaries tend to look like Swiss cheese. If they start cheating up next week expecting to jump routes and blow up screens, there will be dudes running down the field wide open.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Good to have a win. The bye week was definitely noticeable with the speed of everyone.

Having said that, this team is frustrating to watch, especially on offense. So many screens. And idk what happened but I can count on one hand how many deep shots we've taken downfield this season and we're halfway through the season. It's like we are scared to let King throw it.

Idk man. We might be a 6 win team but my god. It's very frustrating to see.

Hope we smack goofy and mack next weekend

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Weird game. Felt like we were easily the better team, but again our offense stalls in short yardage situations. Run D did exactly what I expected. Those guys are a bright spot this year. Win next week and setup the ND matchup!