Duke postgame

Tommy_Taylor_1972

GT Athlete
Tommie: who is in this picture. Homer Rice had three daughters and I have met two of them. I do not think they are in this picture.
The picture you mentioned is of Homer's wife Karen and her children visiting the Dr. Homer Rice Academic Center. Below is a picture of Homer's blended family at the HOF ring ceremony with Karen's children on her right from her first husband Stephen Allen, who passed away in 1990. Karen's second husband was GT's basketball letterwinner from the early 1960's Josh Powell , who passed away in 2011. On Karen's left is Homer and his deceased wife Phyllis's children, with their three daughters Nancy, Angie, and Phyllis holding hands. Phyllis passed away in 2013 and Karen and Homer married in 2015.
1728409622372.png

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
The picture you mentioned is of Homer's wife Karen and her children visiting the Dr. Homer Rice Academic Center. Below is a picture of Homer's blended family at the HOF ring ceremony with Karen's children on her right from her first husband Stephen Allen, who passed away in 1990. Karen's second husband was GT's basketball letterwinner from the early 1960's Josh Powell , who passed away in 2011. On Karen's left is Homer and his deceased wife Phyllis's children, with their three daughters Nancy, Angie, and Phyllis holding hands. Phyllis passed away in 2013 and Karen and Homer married in 2015.
View attachment 16969
Did daughter Nancy marry Tom Hetherington?

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
It is unhealthy to hold onto the anger and anguish of being in a toxic relationship. It is better to just let it go and give that person no more of your time or emotional space. There are only so many ef's a person can give in a lifetime and tight pants is not worthy of one of them.

By the way, but this is not directed at you. Just our fan base in general.
This guy would disagree with you on the anger being unhealthy... 😁
hate.jpg

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Our power back is pyron this year. I'm sure we even have a few interesting wrinkles off pyron motioning undercenter. King has enough speed to flat burn a LB on a wheel. Power option with pyron and Haynes as well. Motioning pyron into a full in the pistol and running triple out of pistol strong I etc.
Pyron has a lot of admirable qualities but being a "power back" is not one of them. He is a quarterback and a fine backup but not a true power back like Laskey, Anthony Allen, and others from the Johnson era.

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
No, but he can picking up a ****ing yard, which is pretty damn awesome!
I think it’d be funny if we only ran the dive play with him all year, Duke seemed to be waiting on him to go out side or throw it and I think other teams will be waiting for it as well.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I think it’d be funny if we only ran the dive play with him all year, Duke seemed to be waiting on him to go out side or throw it and I think other teams will be waiting for it as well.
Everybody knows that’s the next progression but, you’re right, Key could keep that arrow in the quiver indefinitely and drive opposing teams nuts.

Tommy_Taylor_1972

GT Athlete
Yes, Homer has 3 daughters and Tommy will post these soon. I’m sharing more pictures with him. It was a GREAT weekend honoring a remarkable man.
Karen, I posted the pictures of the entire Rice family. Thank you. Let's all pray for the folks in the path of Hurricane Milton. Karen and Homer have a condo on Marco Island FL in the South side of projected landfall path. Homer and Karen enjoyed winters in Marco Island. I also have a very good cavalry officer friend in Sarasota, General William S. "Scott" Wallace, who texted me this morning that he is staying put to help his many elderly friends and neighbors who could not evacuate. He felt he was needed there. He always ran to danger. His wife Sharon and son Todd both died of cancer in the past two years. Scott commanded the US and allied land forces in 2003 in Operation Iraqi Freedom. Scott is a true Kentucky fan and was roommates with Coach K at West Point, graduating in 1969 and serving two tours in Vietnam. A true American Hero.

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
This is such a beautiful tribute and way to honor Dr Rice’s memory and everything he did for Georgia Tech as a whole. I am glad I could be at the game to applaud and show appreciation for him and his family. A very special man.
the standing O at the game was beautiful. you could really feel that it was Tech nation giving Homer one final thank you.