Duke Postgame: GT loses 41-23

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Posting a personal opinion, even if others may disagree, does not necessarily constitute "attacking" anyone, unless unsavory names are used.

This is about to get a little biased. If you make a comment questioning our current coach's acumen, you will probably be censored. I am fine with others believing that CGC is the next Bear Bryant, but it should also be o.k. for those of us who question whether he will even be a Butch Jones.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Actually, maybe that's the answer @smokey_wasp. It could be that the coaches don't see Yates as the long-term answer at QB and plan to recruit over him anyway (maybe even with Gleason). That may actually explain the decision a little better today. If true, it's disappointing based on what we all expect out of the young man.

I didnt say all that, now. Lol. I dont have an answer but I dont see it as a huge issue. I think Griffin has put in 3 games now and I know we are high on him.

This is about to get a little biased. If you make a comment questioning our current coach's acumen, you will probably be censored. I am fine with others believing that CGC is the next Bear Bryant, but it should also be o.k. for those of us who question whether he will even be a Butch Jones.
Some posters are complaining that their posts questioning CPJ's acumen have been deleted. I have no idea what is being deleted or why, since they don't explain.

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
He's not sacrificing a year. At most he'd be sacrificing a game of experience. People act like there is a situation where Yates would be absolutely forced to burn his redshirt.

Nobody is acting like that at all. We all realize that the possibilities are: a) it never matters and Yates plays in up to three more games, b) Yates is needed for four more games but the team has to settle for somebody he beat out for at least one game, or c) Yates plays in four more games and burns his redshirt. Still waiting for an explanation for why today's decision did nothing but potentially disadvantage this team. At best, it just simply doesn't come back to bite us. That's not what I would call a prudent decision.

I get that it doesn't matter to some people, but to others it's another questionable brick in the gameday wall. I really want to trust this staff and hope I'm wrong on this issue. I guess I'll have to wait until Collins explains his reasoning. I'm sure Andy will ask him as part of the next hard-hitting call-in show.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Nobody is acting like that at all. We all realize that the possibilities are: a) it never matters and Yates plays in up to three more games, b) Yates is needed for four more games but the team has to settle for somebody he beat out for at least one game, or b) Yates plays in four more games and burns his redshirt. Still waiting for an explanation for why today's decision did nothing but potentially disadvantage this team. At best, it just simply doesn't come back to bite us. That's not what I would call a prudent decision.

I get that it doesn't matter to some people, but to others it's another questionable brick in the gameday wall. I really want to trust this staff and hope I'm wrong on this issue. I guess I'll have to wait until Collins explains his reasoning. I'm sure Andy will ask him as part of the next hard-hitting call-in show.

Now, that made me laugh out loud. Hard-hitting call-in show!! That is funny.

GoldenBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
Again, from the GTSwarm rules section:
Any member who is intentionally obnoxious, abusive, disruptive, repetitive, spammy, or "trolling" implied or not may be sent a warning as a reminder or even be banned without warning at the discretion of a moderator. These rules may be changed at any time without notice. However, if you have any feedback about the community rules or ways to improve the site in general please post here.

Ultimately, the moderators are the judges so please respect their requests when you are told that you have stepped out of line.

Ok, good. I didn't violate any of those rules.

slugboy

Staff member
Yes, I am fine with the deletions if there are explanations. With no vulgarity or personal insults, just opinions, censorship seems ridiculous.

The rule of thumb is to give warnings, which come with a warning point, but that’s not possible from a tablet or phone. Removing a post from a tablet or a phone also doesn’t give the chance to send a message like working from a laptop or a desktop does.

Regarding the vulgarity or personal insults: trolling, spamming, repetitive posts, and abuse also break the site rules, and jwsavGT posted that part of the site rules.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Animal02

Banned
The rule of thumb is to give warnings, which come with a warning point, but that’s not possible from a tablet or phone. Removing a post from a tablet or a phone also doesn’t give the chance to send a message like working from a laptop or a desktop does.

Regarding the vulgarity or personal insults: trolling, spamming, repetitive posts, and abuse also break the site rules, and jwsavGT posted that part of the site rules.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Don't know if it is possible, but it would help knowing which post was removed.....it is next to impossible to learn what the mods feel is inappropriate when you have no clue what you said. I have been on other forums where a removed post could still be seen bye members of the forum for a time so all could learn what was not accepted.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Nobody is acting like that at all.

You literally said he is potentially sacrificing a year. No. He isn't. Collins has full control over whether Yates burns his redshirt in every scenario except I guess one where for some reason so many players are available that he either plays Yates or doesn't play at all.

: a) it never matters and Yates plays in up to three more games, b) Yates is needed for four more games but the team has to settle for somebody he beat out for at least one game, or b) Yates plays in four more games and burns his redshirt.

Settling for someone he beat out? Where has he beat out LJ? What if instead of 4 games, it's 5 games and it doesn't matter anyways?

And even if this doomsday scenario comes to pass, the worst case scenario is that LJ or Oliver or the walkon plays against UGA instead of Yates in a game where no matter who is QB we're going to lose big. The decision was a meaningless one.

slugboy

Staff member
Don't know if it is possible, but it would help knowing which post was removed.....it is next to impossible to learn what the mods feel is inappropriate when you have no clue what you said. I have been on other forums where a removed post could still be seen bye members of the forum for a time so all could learn what was not accepted.
I don’t think there’s a way, with this forum software, for the poster to see that their post was recycled or quarantined or something similar. John or Cuse might be able to answer that.